TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet away

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

As posted by Riggy on a previous topic

We go to the South Leeds Stadium on Sunday and get behind the Lads  THATS WHERE WE GO FROM HERE !!!

and hopefully most of us  ' will keep the faith ' and try to be positive about the rest of the season.

For whatever reasons we can all come up with our club seems to be in a bad place at the moment and all I can do as a mere supporter is support the team and try to be positive.

Its going to be tough in every game but we can avoid relegation and hopefully start on Sunday with at least a bonus point.

#2 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

A must win game this Sunday at Hunslet if you can get there come and give the lads your support.

More players due back in the side this weekend but the loss of Richie Hawkyard is a huge dent in the Lions side.

Tyrone McCarthy and James Laithwaite could be back along with James Mendieka after his loan spell at London Broncos. There may also be another Wire first teamer in the squad returning from injury depending on if he passed a fitness test during the week. (Info on Wolves website - Tony Smith Interview about Wigan Game).

GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM !!

#3 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Amen.

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#4 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

I give up! Why oh why another Wire first teamer? Tony Smith blah ,blah,blah.....will we ever learn? Sorry if my views offend anyone.

#5 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

For once I agree Dave.

#6 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

I'm sorry Riggy,I know you are a life long fan but Get behind your team after this latest revelation is taking blind loyalty a little bit too far again that's just my opinion and again sorry if it offends.

#7 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

I give up! Why oh why another Wire first teamer? Tony Smith blah ,blah,blah.....will we ever learn? Sorry if my views offend anyone.

Surely duffymoon a wire first teamer will boost your chances of beating us on Sunday. I don't get you?

#8 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

Surely duffymoon a wire first teamer will boost your chances of beating us on Sunday. I don't get you?

I understand what he means.

#9 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

Hear, hear.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#10 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

As posted by Riggy on a previous topic

We go to the South Leeds Stadium on Sunday and get behind the Lads  THATS WHERE WE GO FROM HERE !!!

and hopefully most of us  ' will keep the faith ' and try to be positive about the rest of the season.

For whatever reasons we can all come up with our club seems to be in a bad place at the moment and all I can do as a mere supporter is support the team and try to be positive.

Its going to be tough in every game but we can avoid relegation and hopefully start on Sunday with at least a bonus point.

As we have all discussed many times, on here, in the bar and during the game all the above points are relevant but I can only stick by my comment above

#11 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hear, hear.

I agree with the above comments, we are fast becoming a joke amongst the rugby league fraternity, unless things change and asap we are facing an uncertain future.

http://www.warringto...-our-sport-6328

Edited by juliancaine, 22 June 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#12 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

I wonder if Hunslet won't use Richard Moore.tomorrow.? Guess I will find out when i go and support the Lions.

#13 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Looking at the size of Leeds injury list I shouldn't think they have many available to them!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#14 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

Richard Moore, Jimmy Keinhorst , Brad Singleton , Mitch Aichurch are all in the Leeds 19 to play Huddersfield on Sunday.

Tyrone McCarthy is in the Warrington 19.  So it looks like possibly James Laithwaite, Rhys Williams and Chris Bridge for Swinton

#15 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

That's good because Moore was a real handful in the match at LSV.

#16 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

An important league clash between two clubs to have done the clean sweep of all RL's major honours and the central talking point is the injury situation at Warrington and Leeds. How sad and totally deplorable.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#17 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Thanks Phil

Enjoy Wigan v Hull on Sunday at LSV

#18 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

So in what is a massive game for us we have someone using the fixture to regain match fitness? How low we have sunk.

#19 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

An important league clash between two clubs to have done the clean sweep of all RL's major honours and the central talking point is the injury situation at Warrington and Leeds. How sad and totally deplorable.

the fact that fans are willing to accept this is equally sad and deplorable.Attend by all means but at least let the people running the club know you are not happy with it before its too late and our club is sold down the river.Or maybe you are happy with where we are going?

#20 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Cheers Phil and Duffymoon. I'm not sure anyone has said they are happy with the situation, that's been completely fabricated. What the people on here said at the start of the season is we'll see what happens, it might work out, it might not. So far it has not worked out, the DR needs changing and probably will be next season.

However, turning our backs on the club we love is something that we cannot and will not do...I find that unforgivable.

I see the only thing that some people have done to "show the people in charge that they are unhappy", is stop attending games. Well done, that's a really constructive way of keeping your club alive and regaining it's identity. Maybe you should take a look at yourselves before labelling the people that actually support the club as "sad and deplorable".

PS. We've heard it all before...it's old news and quite frankly boring IMO. Also, please don't take this as me supporting the DR and the "match fitness" players turning out for Swinton, that's not the case, I just support Swinton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users