Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet away

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

the fact that fans are willing to accept this is equally sad and deplorable.Attend by all means but at least let the people running the club know you are not happy with it before its too late and our club is sold down the river.Or maybe you are happy with where we are going?

duffymoon and Phil

• I don't like DR
  • I don't like being bottom of the League
  • but what I do love is Rugby League and my team and I will continue to support them, attend games and hope we will come through these bad times
  • I don't think this is sad and deplorable

Please explain to me my options

#22 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

Cheers Phil and Duffymoon. I'm not sure anyone has said they are happy with the situation, that's been completely fabricated. What the people on here said at the start of the season is we'll see what happens, it might work out, it might not. So far it has not worked out, the DR needs changing and probably will be next season.

However, turning our backs on the club we love is something that we cannot and will not do...I find that unforgivable.

I see the only thing that some people have done to "show the people in charge that they are unhappy", is stop attending games. Well done, that's a really constructive way of keeping your club alive and regaining it's identity. Maybe you should take a look at yourselves before labelling the people that actually support the club as "sad and deplorable".

PS. We've heard it all before...it's old news and quite frankly boring IMO. Also, please don't take this as me supporting the DR and the "match fitness" players turning out for Swinton, that's not the case, I just support Swinton.

Excellent post Bryce and turns the discussion totally on it's head.

#23 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

duffymoon and Phil

• I don't like DR
  • I don't like being bottom of the League
  • but what I do love is Rugby League and my team and I will continue to support them, attend games and hope we will come through these bad times
  • I don't think this is sad and deplorable
Please explain to me my options
Well said
I've said it before I'll say it again. ..this isn't about disagreeing on the subject matter its about your outlook on life

By the way I'm now in Mammoth and its really nice...the wifi is free again too.

#24 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

Cheers Phil and Duffymoon. I'm not sure anyone has said they are happy with the situation, that's been completely fabricated. What the people on here said at the start of the season is we'll see what happens, it might work out, it might not. So far it has not worked out, the DR needs changing and probably will be next season.

However, turning our backs on the club we love is something that we cannot and will not do...I find that unforgivable.

I see the only thing that some people have done to "show the people in charge that they are unhappy", is stop attending games. Well done, that's a really constructive way of keeping your club alive and regaining it's identity. Maybe you should take a look at yourselves before labelling the people that actually support the club as "sad and deplorable".

PS. We've heard it all before...it's old news and quite frankly boring IMO. Also, please don't take this as me supporting the DR and the "match fitness" players turning out for Swinton, that's not the case, I just support Swinton.

Well said.

#25 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Its the situation that I find sad and deplorable, the people who have brought the situation about are not the fans - my sentiments are directed elsewhere.

As there now appears to be a large majority of people unhappy with the club's approach to partnering there is one thing I would like to explore. As and when Chris Bridge takes the ball up today, and possibly makes a contribution that proves pivotal to the outcome of the match, will all you people that are expressing discontent about DR be cheering and applauding? To me this guy is clearly not a bone fide Swinton player and due to that it would feel totally hypocritical to support what he does in a Lions shirt. This is why I find it hard to go to games at the moment.

The agenda Chris Bridge will be representing today is damaging the identity, heritage and future prospects of Swinton Lions, not furthering them. So how could I support that?
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#26 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

An important league clash between two clubs to have done the clean sweep of all RL's major honours and the central talking point is the injury situation at Warrington and Leeds. How sad and totally deplorable.

I would say that this clearly IS directed at the posters on this forum.

Tell me then phillh please, apart from handing your money to another club on a Sunday, what have YOU done to rectfy the situation?

I cannot believe that you suggest we dont support certain players whilst on the field. Is it their fault? Should we boo them?

Tell you what, come and join the rest of us 'sad and totally deplorable' characters this afternoon and show us how to boo players in the bar afterwards, I'd love a good laugh!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#27 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Well said
I've said it before I'll say it again. ..this isn't about disagreeing on the subject matter its about your outlook on life

By the way I'm now in Mammoth and its really nice...the wifi is free again too.

I actually thought you were in 'Monmouth' and your 'wife' had been locked up for a minute there!

#28 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

Its the situation that I find sad and deplorable, the people who have brought the situation about are not the fans - my sentiments are directed elsewhere.

As there now appears to be a large majority of people unhappy with the club's approach to partnering there is one thing I would like to explore. As and when Chris Bridge takes the ball up today, and possibly makes a contribution that proves pivotal to the outcome of the match, will all you people that are expressing discontent about DR be cheering and applauding? To me this guy is clearly not a bone fide Swinton player and due to that it would feel totally hypocritical to support what he does in a Lions shirt. This is why I find it hard to go to games at the moment.

The agenda Chris Bridge will be representing today is damaging the identity, heritage and future prospects of Swinton Lions, not furthering them. So how could I support that?

I think I'll do as I please Phil. I just don't like being judged on here for supporting the Lions. Stay at home and just post sniping comments on here...but like it or not you're probably doing much more damage to the Lions by not going every week, opposed to all the people on here who actually turn up.

#29 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

Nobody is suggesting that you don't attend games Bryce.I honestly wish I felt like all the others whose support for the club is unconditional.God knows I've tried! I just cannot stomach Being informed which personel are selected this week on WRringtons website and by Tony Smith.

#30 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Also, how disrespectful is that to the lads who were Swinton players before DR and who show real passion and commitment and put their bodies on the line for the love of the game and for Swinton Lions.

If anyone has forgotten the names I'll refresh you,

Ian Watson
Marlon Billy (Coach, I know)
Daz Hawkyard
Richie Hawkyard - longest serving player
Martin Ainscough
Kev Penny
Neil Holland
Chaz I'Anson
Mark Smith
Sam Reay
David Mills

#31 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

Nobody is suggesting that you don't attend games Bryce.I honestly wish I felt like all the others whose support for the club is unconditional.God knows I've tried! I just cannot stomach Being informed which personel are selected this week on WRringtons website and by Tony Smith.

I'm fairly positive people know I go to games, that wasn't my point.

If you don't want to go to the games, fair play, well done. But you're not helping at all really are you? So why come on here and have a go at the people that do, it's out of order.

What I don't understand is not turning up to games when you obviously have an affinity for the club that IS Swinton Lions...not WAS or what MIGHT BE. I say that because you're always on here having a go at the DR system, yes, it doesn't work.

As far as I can see, that's the end of the conversation, it doesn't work. It'll probably change next season. There's nothing that us 400 fans are going to do about it between now and the end of the season. What we can do is turn up and try and cheer our team over the line, as I really don't want a trip to Oxford, Gloucester, London etc.

#32 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

And my support isn't unconditional really. It's just a habit I can't get out of. I've got £15 burning a hole in my pocket every Sunday and I have nothing else to do as I'm just that sad.

Take me home, Station Road...

#33 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Looking at it realistically, it is a viewpoint really. Tony Smith makes players available to us, we are bottom of the league and desperately need a win. Had we been safe we could say 'no thanks Tony' we'll stick with our own but we're not and CB is a class player.

We need points badly and cannot turn the offer down. His view point is that we will play him as we need him. He isnt choosing our team, necessity is!

I'm not agreeing with it, it is how it is, and Hunslet will do the same!

#34 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

It's interesting that there doesn't seem to be any criticism of DR on the Hunslet forum.

#35 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Well they have got one more point than us. :)

#36 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

Especially when Richard Moore has regularly played for them. There has been suggestions of booing a player on here.....how ridiculous.
In all honesty I have to agree DR hasn't assisted us at all but for a season we are stuck with it and so long as 13 Swinton shirts are on a field of play I will watch them
Not so long ago many Utd fans were unhappy at the Glaziers purchase of Utd, they didn't stop going they protested with a different colour shirt.
Those stayaway fans of ours would be better voicing opinions at the games or are you happy to see the club die.

#37 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

They are happy to see the club die I honestly think nothing would please them more so they could walk round with a smug self satisfied smile on their face for a while.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#38 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

To all who stay away from games you stopped having the right to call yourselves supporters when you started to undermine and work against the club and team , people who support a team don't do that. End of.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#39 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I have attended games this season.

#40 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

I actually thought you were in 'Monmouth' and your 'wife' had been locked up for a minute there!

Ha ha
Thats next year. Spent up
Wish she was id have a much better time alone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users