Hunslet away

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#41 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Its the situation that I find sad and deplorable, the people who have brought the situation about are not the fans - my sentiments are directed elsewhere.

As there now appears to be a large majority of people unhappy with the club's approach to partnering there is one thing I would like to explore. As and when Chris Bridge takes the ball up today, and possibly makes a contribution that proves pivotal to the outcome of the match, will all you people that are expressing discontent about DR be cheering and applauding? To me this guy is clearly not a bone fide Swinton player and due to that it would feel totally hypocritical to support what he does in a Lions shirt. This is why I find it hard to go to games at the moment.

The agenda Chris Bridge will be representing today is damaging the identity, heritage and future prospects of Swinton Lions, not furthering them. So how could I support that?

To all you people?

As there NOW appears?

You see why people think your comments of sad and deplorable are aimed at them?

As I've said before nobody thought this situation was ideal and never have done

Most of us just choose to continue supporting our club in that blind faith way you can't understand.
Its called loving Swinton lions...unconditionally

#42 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

By the way top top result LIONS well done to all players and coaching staff we have given a lot if stick out during the recent poor results but you deserve a huge congrats for pulling that off in the style you did well done.:D

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#43 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

Oh my word. Tony Smith must be raving at Swinton NOT playing Chris Bridge. Thought he picked the side?

Well done ALL the lads who turned out today. A workmanlike performance in poor conditions.

A big hand for that rubbish player Craig Harvey. 2 tries and 6 goals was a good haul. What was KP on today? He was like a demon popping up everywhere.

A bit more composure and we'd have had a big score there today!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#44 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Chris Bridge must have failed his fitness test, still enough room for 7 Warrington players in the starting 13. Still, if the fans are happy enough to continue giving their backing why not go the whole hog and have 13 of them?
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#45 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Five changes from the team that played against Doncaster.Hopefully we can keep the same team for Sheffield.

#46 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Seriously philh, you've said your piece on here, over and over and its very boring. We all know DR as not really worked but lets get on with it.

Good and much needed win today, well done to harvey, definitely MOTM, penny a close second.

We must kick on from here.

Wayne

#47 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Chris Bridge must have failed his fitness test, still enough room for 7 Warrington players in the starting 13. Still, if the fans are happy enough to continue giving their backing why not go the whole hog and have 13 of them?

Same old same old. 

At least some of us were there to count the players in person and witness an improved performance from dual reg and "full" Swinton players alike, albeit against a weak Hunslet outfit.  Still too many pealties and unforced error that will be punished by stronger teams.

Well played to all and a win is a win.  I'm glad I was there to see it.

#48 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 904 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Still dodging the questions I see.

Same old negative rubbish. Please stay away!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#49 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

how many wire players scored today Phil? As usual you argument is transparent

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#50 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

In Tenerife so missed it and gutted for missing such a good result. I'm naturally pessimistic and feared the worst but credit where credit is due. Hopefully we can now kick on with a settled line up. So well played Swinton. I'm already looking forward to Sheffield!

#51 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Personally I thought Ian Watson was MOM. He moved the team around really well and the delayed passes were excellent. Harvey had his best game since signing for the Lions again.

Hunslet were very poor and offered little going forward, especially as we gave away so many penalties! We were very clever with ball in hand and we're out of the relegation zone.

Well played Lions!

#52 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Personally I thought Ian Watson was MOM. He moved the team around really well and the delayed passes were excellent. Harvey had his best game since signing for the Lions again.

Hunslet were very poor and offered little going forward, especially as we gave away so many penalties! We were very clever with ball in hand and we're out of the relegation zone.

Well played Lions!

Good posting. Watson was our on field general, leading the team forwards even though Hunslet were very poor most of the time.

Harvey too stood out with his dead eyed goal kicking and brace of tries. Well done lads all round.

:yahoo:

#53 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Still dodging the questions I see.
Same old negative rubbish. Please stay away!

. Anybody is entitled to voice opinions irrespective of their viewpoint.It will be a sad day if cyber bullying rears its ugly head on this forum.

#54 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Yes seven who have been in from the start, you know loan players similar to other clubs using players in that manner.Oh and one of the bunch was a player returning to us having broken his leg playing for our teams cause.

#55 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Chris bridge did not play. Therefore the rants about it on here were premature and pointless....again.

As my dad used to say ...."Back in your box"

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#56 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Chris bridge did not play. Therefore the rants about it on here were premature and pointless....again.
As my dad used to say ...."Back in your box"

. The original comment from Tony Smith said subject to passing a fitness test

#57 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

. Anybody is entitled to voice opinions irrespective of their viewpoint.It will be a sad day if cyber bullying rears its ugly head on this forum.

Yes please stay away is a vicious bullying tirade isn't it:-)

Edmund Burke

#58 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

So please stay away if you voice an opinion we don't want to hear,can't we just agree that people have differing views?

Edited by duffymoon, 23 June 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#59 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

. The original comment from Tony Smith said subject to passing a fitness test

The point is that comment was made on a web page for Warrington nothing official either confirmed it or refuted it on Swinton's web page so in essence it was a rumor.

#60 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Well if we all had the same opinion as you, no-one would go at all. That would be great wouldn't it?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users