Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hunslet away

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

Well if we all had the same opinion as you, no-one would go at all. That would be great wouldn't it?!

if you read my posts you will see I have attended games this season.

#62 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Well if we all had the same opinion as you, no-one would go at all. That would be great wouldn't it?!

if you read my posts you will see I have attended games this season.

#63 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

How many.?

#64 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Six if you include pre season friendly s

#65 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

If you read my post I never said you didn't go. I said if we all shared your opinion, why should we bother?

To be fair, it doesn't really bother me if you or Phill or anyone else doesn't go to matches. Just don't come on here and have a go at the people that do.

#66 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

That's what a forum is all about,people voicing different opinions and viewpoints.

#67 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Yes people have different views but they don't have to repeat them over and over again its just boring

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#68 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

If you read my post I never said you didn't go. I said if we all shared your opinion, why should we bother?
To be fair, it doesn't really bother me if you or Phill or anyone else doesn't go to matches. Just don't come on here and have a go at the people that do.

Thats the point, if you dont go, we dont want to hear your opinion.

Wayne

#69 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

Yes people have different views but they don't have to repeat them over and over again its just boring

. If its that boring then why have so many made comments? Surely they'd just ignore the thread wouldn't they?

#70 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Thats the point, if you dont go, we dont want to hear your opinion.

Wayne

What he said.

#71 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

So many varied opinions already given and all are entitled, in my opinion, to their views and to express them on this forum but the fact is that today we put in a good performance against albeit a poor Hunslet side, we got 3 points, denied them a bonus point and are now above the relegation zone so I have said it before and will continue to be boring but I will keep the faith, stay positive, support the team and enjoy the battle to avoid relegation.

#72 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Big pat on the back for Matt Sarsfield today  41 tackles in the match !.  Darren Hawkyard was not far behind him

#73 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Big pat on the back for Matt Sarsfield today 41 tackles in the match !. Darren Hawkyard was not far behind him

You won't receive a response Riggy as they're both "Swinton" players.

Sarsfield was good going forward today as well. And I'm generally surprised when Daz isn't our top tackler.

#74 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

Not bothered Bryce. Thought we played some good stuff today with ball in hand.  Roll on Don Valley Stadium

#75 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

This is a great result - after four demoralizing defeats to win convincingly is great, isn't it ? .......lets hope the team have turned the corner as they say........and we get something out of the Sheffield match.

#76 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

Over the moon here in california

Great unexpected result

Great to see Phil not insulting people still but still getting digs in
They're not opinions

No doubt mr drake will be emailing me again telling me to wind my neck in....I wonder how that happened?

#77 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Oh and I'd like a few people to remember I said

HARVEY IS CLASS!

#78 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

. Anybody is entitled to voice opinions irrespective of their viewpoint.It will be a sad day if cyber bullying rears its ugly head on this forum.

So phillh is ok to call us on here 'sad and totally deplorable' but I can't politely ask him to stay away from matches (didnt mean the forum, but since you brought it up!). That makes me a cyber bully!

Look mate, I'm all for freedom of speech and valuing opinion but I dont enjoy constant criticism and in no way constructive. I've asked questions to qualify statements but never received answers. At that point it becomes a load of c##p and not an opinion!

As I said earlier, if he's that opposed to the situation that he doesn't go then you are no longer a 'supporter' so constantly coming on here posting negative comments makes you a troll. I do agree with some posts but not in the manner they are delivered.

Anyway, I've seeny team win away and been to an awesome Who concert so I cant be upset tonight. Happy days! ;-)

Edited by LOYALION, 23 June 2013 - 11:37 PM.

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#79 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

I think I will keep off this page and stick with the Lions family on Facebook.Good luck people.

#80 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

So phillh is ok to call us on here 'sad and totally deplorable' but I can't politely ask him to stay away from matches (didnt mean the forum, but since you brought it up!). That makes me a cyber bully!

Look mate, I'm all for freedom of speech and valuing opinion but I dont enjoy constant criticism and in no way constructive. I've asked questions to qualify statements but never received answers. At that point it becomes a load of c##p and not an opinion!

As I said earlier, if he's that opposed to the situation that he doesn't go then you are no longer a 'supporter' so constantly coming on here posting negative comments makes you a troll. I do agree with some posts but not in the manner they are delivered.

Anyway, I've seeny team win away and been to an awesome Who concert so I cant be upset tonight. Happy days! ;-)

Misrepresentation is a pretty low tactic to use.

What I find sad and deplorable is the way in which two previously great RL clubs that have won every major honour in the sport have been reduced to their present status - where, in the build up to an important game between the two, the focus of fans is on which players might be available from Warrington and which players might be available from Leeds. My sentiments are targetted not at Lions supporters, rather they are targetted at the people I believe are responsible for putting the Lions into this situation.  Hunslet has never truly recovered from being denied promotion to the top flight based on off-field criteria in 1999, I just hope they don't ultimately suffer the same fate as Bramley did when that club got too close to Leeds.

To me, a team with more than 50% of its starting line up drawn from Warrington doesn't feel like a true Swinton side. Others will of course feel differently and have such ingrained loyalty to the brand that almost any strategy will get their backing (possibly even relocating to Darwen?).  Its not about right and wrong, its about people having different feelings about the events that are unfolding in front of them.  The club in truth has been a non-entity for the majority of Swinton and Pendlebury residents for a considerable number of years now - that in itself is pretty tragic and to rebuild things is a massive challenge.  If the day comes when the powers that be demonstrate they truly want to tackle that challenge I shall be glad to contribute, but recognise there can be no realistic chance of success without tangible progress on Agecroft - it remains to be seen whether that ever comes to pass.

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.