Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

That Cas coach

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

To all the people that got there wish well I hope you just watched that match. How he's turned that team round is unbelievable. Lets hope our new coach can top him when he arrives but it will be a huge task

#2 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 743 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

To all the people that got there wish well I hope you just watched that match. How he's turned that team round is unbelievable. Lets hope our new coach can top him when he arrives but it will be a huge task

Not sure what happened at PO Road with DP but some needs to take a long hard look at themselves.....

He has put spark & tradition back into Cas

#3 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

He was the best coach outside of Super League and your BOD in their wisdom gave him a reason to move on to another challenge i wish him well. Will Featherstone regret it we will see but one thing for sure the new coach has very large boots to fill even with monies there to spend the Powell legacy will be a hard act to follow.
chappy

#4 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

DP is a good coach, there's no disputing that, but the reality is we are featherstone rovers. we're not a buying club. when we won the cup in 83, only one player was from outside the area (steve quinn). now only sam smeaton from our starting 13 is local. if john bastian can bring in more youngsters from fev, sharlestone, streethouse etc, all the better for us. i believe producing our own players is the only way to go. i'd love it if the Bastian era was a copy of the peter fox era.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#5 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Isn't Sam from Donny, old en?

#6 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

I thought he was from that area Andrew
Im Fev and im proud

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

i believe so, but came through at fev lions..but that only reinforces my point Andrew

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#8 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

i believe so, but came through at fev lions..but that only reinforces my point Andrew

Ok, see what you mean.
Some of the players in the sqaud are as follows;

Hardman. Merseyside
Saxton Glasshoughton
Smeaton. Skellow, I think.
Worthington. Huddersfield / Bradford.
Kain. Pontefract
Finn. Halifax
Lockwood. Sharlston
Kaye. Gildersome/ Churwell
Briggs. Stanningley
Ellis Brought up un East Hull
Dale. Hull
Crossley. Bradfiord
James. Wakefield
Spears. Pontefract
Hepworth. Allerton Bywater/ Kippax
Bryan. South London.

Not sure of the others.

#9 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Perhaps our BOD should of done what they could to keep Powell because he would of got us to the next level that's for sure and when P and R comes back he would of done it for Fev Well done tonight you been at a club a month and turned them around I saw Cas as the club going one way and us the other not now unfortunately

#10 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Perhaps our BOD should of done what they could to keep Powell because he would of got us to the next level that's for sure and when P and R comes back he would of done it for Fev Well done tonight you been at a club a month and turned them around I saw Cas as the club going one way and us the other not now unfortunately

Id sooner be in our position ,thanks to the bod ,stadium and financial wise than #### ,if you love him that much go watch em,who needs fans with that attitude even before Bastian has had a chance to prove himself ?

Edited by dydo, 28 June 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#11 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

Id sooner be in our position ,thanks to the bod ,stadium and financial wise than #### ,if you love him that much go watch em,who needs fans with that attitude even before Bastian has had a chance to prove himself ?

Firstly I don't want to go to watch Cas if I did I would of gone years ago when we were a poor side watching Fev go to Blackpool and there was a few hundred of us watching. Seconding thi Bod are doing an excellent job at Fev and the work off the field must be one of the best in the championship and JB just like any Fev coach will get my full backing just like Powell did when he made us the best championship side and turned this club around on the field

My point was that we had a coach that was the best outside S/L and could of took us to the next level and I wish the BOD could of got him to stay. As for my attitude towards Fev you will never see me knock the club even if we were not at the top i wasn't the one saying we haven't won this and that and we should be Powells not good enough because as we will see he is. The thing that gets my back up is he will turn that club around that is on our doorstep and the one I believe we were overtaking Hope this explains it a bit better

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

i've got to tell you, i don't know a keener supporter of featherstone rovers than jt. not just him, his whole family. the only time he will watch cas is when fev play em.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#13 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

i've got to tell you, i don't know a keener supporter of featherstone rovers than jt. not just him, his whole family. the only time he will watch cas is when fev play em.

ive also been a fan ,home and away ,rain or shine for 40+years ,and appreciate jt,s explanation ,it was the c@s going one direction and us the other ,at the end of the posting that got my back up .

#14 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

ive also been a fan ,home and away ,rain or shine for 40+years ,and appreciate jt,s explanation ,it was the c@s going one direction and us the other ,at the end of the posting that got my back up .

i've got a really good feeling about JB. think we just need to be patient.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#15 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Come on OR, surely you've been a fan long enough to know most supporters don't do patient, especially at Fev. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#16 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Come on OR, surely you've been a fan long enough to know most supporters don't do patient, especially at Fev. :lol:

When JB does come I hope he can get a team together that is as consistent as we have now because if not as you say some fans don't do patient I look at things slightly different to some as I think this is more important than winning finals ( Hence DP staying ) Winning every week brings steady revenue to the club with more through the gates as has been seen over the last two year but winning some then loosing a few makes people stop at home for some reason the problem is alot see the final as the most important but I see it as a bonus

#17 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

Me too, JB is no mug and I feel we are at the start of another great era for the club.  Thanks to DP the spade work has been done, now for the fine tuning.   I am also really pleased to see DP doing well. 

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users