• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#401 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

There's only you debating it  :bye:

i told you 18 pages ago, it won't be introduced in the NCL.

Really?

I'm not sure Del Capo would agree with you on that one Cutsyke!  ;)

The following proposal has been supported by members of the Tier 3 and 4 February 2013 Regulatory Meeting.

The proposal for “Community Dual Registration” (CDR) will involve a small number of part-time professional players from the Championships playing in the community game whilst still on contract.

#402 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

There's only you debating it  :bye:

i told you 18 pages ago, it won't be introduced in the NCL.

You need bringing up to speed mate .

#403 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

You need bringing up to speed mate .

Have i missed something because i havent heard the NCL have adopted it.

#404 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

This thread is becoming unmanageable. Too many topics. Either people are not reading everything ( and I can't blame them ) or are choosing to close their eyes when the answers don't suit their individual agendas

On this issue look at # 368 and # 373      :)

#405 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Really?

The following proposal has been supported by members of the Tier 3 and 4 February 2013 Regulatory Meeting.

The proposal for “Community Dual Registration” (CDR) will involve a small number of part-time professional players from the Championships playing in the community game whilst still on contract.

Im fully aware Lord Charles, are you?

Sent: 25 January 2013 15:12
To: Various recipients
Subject: North West Youth League - Contracted Players

Hi All

Just to let you all know that we are still awaiting the Community Dual Registration Agreement to be ratified by the Community Board.

However, yesterday I spoke with North West Youth Chair, Hilary Steel MBE to confirm that NWY had included in their constitution their acceptance to allow Contracted Players to return to play in the North West Youth Leagues on “Permit” from their Professional Club.

All registrations need to be accepted by the NWY Committee and players should return to the Community Club from which they were Contracted, but NWY will consider the player joining another club of his choice.

The “Permit” should be issued to the Community Club who will submit it along with the players registration to NWY for acceptance.

The Professional Club will need to liaise with the Community Club on a weekly basis to the players availability, but selection in the team will be down to the Community Club.

Whilst no limit has been set to how many “Permit Players” a Community Club may have, only three may be selected in any one team.

Whilst this may not be of benefit to clubs outside of the North West area, I feel that the Hilary and her committee should be congratulated and thanked for taking this decision unilaterally.

For the players sakes, I hope clubs will take advantage of this opportunity and use it to strengthen their relationships with Community Clubs.

Also a reminder that Contracted players are still eligible to play in the National Youth League and the same procedure should be followed.

Regards

Bill

Bill Appleton

Operations & Performance Consultant

#406 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

This thread is becoming unmanageable. Too many topics. Either people are not reading everything ( and I can't blame them ) or are choosing to close their eyes when the answers don't suit their individual agendas

isn't that the truth!!   Kettle and black springs to mind,,  close there eyes I was referring too, I couldn't agree more with you there.

#407 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

Hi All

Just to let you all know that we are still awaiting the Community Dual Registration Agreement to be ratified by the Community Board.

However, yesterday I spoke with North West Youth Chair, Hilary Steel MBE to confirm that NWY had included in their constitution their acceptance to allow Contracted Players to return to play in the North West Youth Leagues on “Permit” from their Professional Club.

All registrations need to be accepted by the NWY Committee and players should return to the Community Club from which they were Contracted, but NWY will consider the player joining another club of his choice.

The “Permit” should be issued to the Community Club who will submit it along with the players registration to NWY for acceptance.

The Professional Club will need to liaise with the Community Club on a weekly basis to the players availability, but selection in the team will be down to the Community Club.

Whilst no limit has been set to how many “Permit Players” a Community Club may have, only three may be selected in any one team.

Whilst this may not be of benefit to clubs outside of the North West area, I feel that the Hilary and her committee should be congratulated and thanked for taking this decision unilaterally.

For the players sakes, I hope clubs will take advantage of this opportunity and use it to strengthen their relationships with Community Clubs.

Also a reminder that Contracted players are still eligible to play in the National Youth League and the same procedure should be followed.

Regards

Bill

Bill Appleton

Thanks Cutsyke  ;)

Edited by LordCharles, 17 July 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#408 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

On this issue look at # 368 and # 373 :)

Peter no wonder things are becoming unmanageable when the policy makers are not open and transparent there is so much skulldugary going on its untrue .

RL is a simple game mismanaged with too many people with their own agendas and not putting the needs of the game as a whole first and foremost .

And Peter if the NCL management inserted a clause into your constitution without letting the members know how do you think they would react .?

Edited by TaxiEgg, 17 July 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#409 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Peter no wonder things are becoming unmanageable when the policy makers are not open and transparent there is so much skulldugary going on its untrue .

RL is a simple game mismanaged with too many people with their own agendas and not putting the needs of the game as a whole first and foremost .

And Peter if the NCL management inserted a clause into your constitution without letting the members know how do you think they would react .?

he may chose to close his eyes over this one!!!

Edited by sbull, 17 July 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#410 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Your committee debate it and then give you a recommendation (one sided angle) you only have to read between the lines in Del's comment's to know what is going to be recommended, then next season's a little bit more then a little bit more the season after that and so on until the elite NCL clubs are little more than a `A` team competition.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#411 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

Getting close to the bone, like they say in the `X`Files "The Truth Is Out There",

#412 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

It's the THREAD that's becoming unmanageable Taxi Egg. Too many issues under one headline topic , that's all I'm saying. What that may be  indicative of in the wider context I'll leave up to you but people on here who are probably administrators themselves are throwing in all sorts of side shows  ( yes I'll have it - their own agendas ) in what was  I presume raised as  a  continuing viability  issue directed at the NCL

After 20 pages and over 400 posts few will have the time or patience to trawl back to get up to speed with the various themes.  Time maybe  for those themes to be properly managed on different threads....and maybe even different forums..........

As for your constitutional point Taxi Egg  , it just wouldn't happen in the NCL because ( 1 )  The Management would never try it on that way and ( 2 )  the clubs would have their guts for garters if they did.

But it all boils down ultimately  to what member clubs do by way of imput to their Leagues . To an extent clubs get what they deserve. The better managed leagues such as Pennine and NCL  court active involvement from their members , and get it. That in turn allows for stronger and dare I say it more effective  decision making ?    What's the saying - something like ' If you lose the changing room @ .........

#413 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hi All

Regards

Bill

Bill Appleton

I believe to change part of a constitution you need 70% of the organisation's members to vote in favour of a change. (could be wrong, just what I was told a few weeks back)

#414 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

I believe to change part of a constitution you need 70% of the organisation's members to vote in favour of a change. (could be wrong, just what I was told a few weeks back)

Depends on each individual constitution, I don't believe they are all exactly the same

#415 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Depends on each individual constitution, I don't believe they are all exactly the same

g. Amendments or additions to the rules must be given in written form, and proposed and seconded by clubs who have been in membership of the League for more than one season and delivered to the League's secretary by 14 December annually. A further amended document will be circulated on or about the beginning of January the following year.

The Management Group may also place proposals before the Annual General Meeting.  A majority of two thirds of the clubs present with voting rights is required to carry the foregoing.

#416 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Really?

What I would like to know Del Capo is who is it that adinistrates within/represents OA Rugby on the Regulatory Group?

You see........ "The following proposal has been supported by members of the Tier 3 and 4 February 2013 Regulatory Meeting".

So who was it that supported it from an OA perspective..........anyone we might know?

Edited by LordCharles, 17 July 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#417 old fiddle

old fiddle
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

[quote name="Nev V Dawn" post="2748323" timestamp="1374043744"]It's quite simple Fiddler, the players are signed on professional contracts (contracted players) and the rules of the amateur games don't allow them in the amateur game. Cake and eating it not allowed.

Ex players (non contracted players) returning to the amateur game - the rules do allow that. Smell the coffee while you're tasting the cake[/quot

Then don, t moan about a shortage of players then, as that is also wanting your cake and eating it Some of these players on pay as you play only with very little chance of getting another club. Do you want them just stood on your touchline or back playing. Or are you happy with being used as cannon fodder when they feel like it by the pros.

Permits went on years ago. Dual reg should be a complete no no, and I believe a lot of teams may refuse to play against them if it goes the way the likes of swinton and warrington have abused it

#418 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

[quote name="Nev V Dawn" post="2748323" timestamp="1374043744"]It's quite simple Fiddler, the players are signed on professional contracts (contracted players) and the rules of the amateur games don't allow them in the amateur game. Cake and eating it not allowed.

Ex players (non contracted players) returning to the amateur game - the rules do allow that. Smell the coffee while you're tasting the cake[/quot

Then don, t moan about a shortage of players then, as that is also wanting your cake and eating it Some of these players on pay as you play only with very little chance of getting another club. Do you want them just stood on your touchline or back playing. Or are you happy with being used as cannon fodder when they feel like it by the pros.

Permits went on years ago. Dual reg should be a complete no no, and I believe a lot of teams may refuse to play against them if it goes the way the likes of swinton and warrington have abused it

Tell me that you're taking the pizzicato on your old fiddle because I just don't understand your last post. In one breath you're fighting the corner of the players (unused contracted professionals) standing on touchlines watching their ex amateur team mates, then in the next you're completlely ostracising the idea of dual reg.

#419 old fiddle

old fiddle
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

Tell me that you're taking the pizzicato on your old fiddle because I just don't understand your last post. In one breath you're fighting the corner of the players (unused contracted professionals) standing on touchlines watching their ex amateur team mates, then in the next you're completlely ostracising the idea of dual reg.

Dual reg to me means a pro team can align with an amateur team a la swinton warrington. This would mean north wales crusaders could dual reg with say leigh miners.then stuart reardon could come back from injury play for miners wjo he has no affinity with.this would obviously would be wrong. However if things weren, t working out for say james dallimore he could go back to st cuthberts but notpats. ( there are other examples)

There is a world of difference between a player who can, t get regular game returning to his amateur club and senior pros playing for a club he has no connection with. Think lee briers adrian morley turning out for swinton.

All I am saying is that pro clubs build large squads of players who cannot all play and some will never kick on, you either want to get these players playing on a regular basis again, or you are happy turning out weaker teams. You can, t have it both ways
All you need to do is make a rule that says a pay as you play player can play for his original amateur club as long his pro team has a game that weekend

Edited by old fiddle, 17 July 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#420 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

Dual reg to me means a pro team can align with an amateur team a la swinton warrington. This would mean north wales crusaders could dual reg with say leigh miners.then stuart reardon could come back from injury play for miners wjo he has no affinity with.this would obviously would be wrong. However if things weren, t working out for say james dallimore he could go back to st cuthberts but notpats. ( there are other examples)

There is a world of difference between a player who can, t get regular game returning to his amateur club and senior pros playing for a club he has no connection with. Think lee briers adrian morley turning out for swinton.

All I am saying is that pro clubs build large squads of players who cannot all play and some will never kick on, you either want to get these players playing on a regular basis again, or you are happy turning out weaker teams. You can, t have it both ways
All you need to do is make a rule that says a pay as you play player can play for his original amateur club as long his pro team has a game that weekend

Well it must be pleasing for you then Fiddler with the RFL taking control of the amateur game and in the proccess of forcing unwanted rules and legislation to align the whole of the game - Super league down to the twenty four nillers in the NWML - dual reg/loans or whatever you want to call it, will be implemented throughout.

And your Utopia, where it's not fair for Mozza or Briers to play for Swinton, but it's quite alright for Dalli to get the odd game for Cuthies, because his club's books are heaving with the amount of players they've signed, will be shattered. The rules at first will probably say only two or three back to their amateur clubs but the line will soon shift to a free for all. As you may often see with the RFL, give them an inch - you know what comes next.

You need to wake up and realise that the whole game is centred round supporting Super league downwards, with the implementation of dual reg, it's only a matter of time before the top end of the amateur game becomes an A team division for the pro game. And with you backing this, that's another string that you can add to your bow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users