Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

OA arl rip

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#461 cheesecretary

cheesecretary
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

I believe out of the 17 players 11 came in the club 2 went straight to work and 1 was en route to hospital. Cannot comment for the other 3 as I had to leave straight after the game myself.

I can assure you this is not the norm for Oulton and will find out as to why people had left early.

#462 cheesecretary

cheesecretary
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

As for supporters cannot comment i do find when driving local games people make own way and leave straight after game wheras when arriving by coach people stay longer

#463 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

I don't think, the board have a clue about, buissineses, or how they survive. Ie. the top clubs have a bar, if it's busy you normally make money, then that enables you to spend it. ,if its not you lose money. Now in normal life, you go bust. But in local sport with historical links, you may be lucky and have a stalwart who has a few quid, and will bail it out. And that's we're we are at.With my first post, I was very surprised by the response, but reading, the replies and different threads, I think I was bang on. By the way I have never posted on any social media sites before, but I am so sickened by the situation, our great game is, I couldn't stop myself.

#464 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Mmmm.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#465 the ginger 1

the ginger 1
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

Not been on here for a while, but I feel I've got to put my opinion over. I'm falling out with the game I just don't get the same excitement on a July Saturday as when 'back in the day' on a November was what it was all about. You've only got to look at the Pennine League it's getting stronger every year since the NCL went to summer, I understand teams as far as Cumbria have applied this season. I'm also getting rumblings that several NCL teams are thinking of joining the Pennine!!

The NWC league was the best comp in the country in winter but look at it now, seems to be more 30-0 results every week. The facts speak for themselves.

WELL DONE THE RFL & the NCL committee for KILLING OUR Beautiful GAME.

#466 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

Not been on here for a while, but I feel I've got to put my opinion over. I'm falling out with the game I just don't get the same excitement on a July Saturday as when 'back in the day' on a November was what it was all about. You've only got to look at the Pennine League it's getting stronger every year since the NCL went to summer, I understand teams as far as Cumbria have applied this season. I'm also getting rumblings that several NCL teams are thinking of joining the Pennine!!
The NWC league was the best comp in the country in winter but look at it now, seems to be more 30-0 results every week. The facts speak for themselves.
WELL DONE THE RFL & the NCL committee for KILLING OUR Beautiful GAME.

Just because people who have enjoyed rugby for 50 years are walking away from our sport

Just because multiple games are being called off

Just because some NCL teams are operating without a reserve side

Just because fewer players are now taking part in our sport,

Just because dozens of 16 to 18 year old teams have folded

Just because playing standards have dropped

Just because teams can not turn the same team out twice

Stop moaning and take your family down to your rugby club, enjoy the BBQ , you can go on holiday in December, just after your mate gets married.

And don't forget , we have got duel registration to look forward to,

O yes I forgotten, take your complaining elsewhere, this is now a summer NCL forum now

#467 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Just because people who have enjoyed rugby for 50 years are walking away from our sport

Just because multiple games are being called off

Just because some NCL teams are operating without a reserve side

Just because fewer players are now taking part in our sport,

Just because dozens of 16 to 18 year old teams have folded

Just because playing standards have dropped

Just because teams can not turn the same team out twice

Stop moaning and take your family down to your rugby club, enjoy the BBQ , you can go on holiday in December, just after your mate gets married.

And don't forget , we have got duel registration to look forward to,

O yes I forgotten, take your complaining elsewhere, this is now a summer NCL forum now

Have you seen the Operational Rules yet, lot more changes to come and as they stand they will be leaving the amateur game at the mercy of the RFL and their drive for only the elite to survive (So the guy who had a hobby past time playing and administrating amateur rugby league could find themselves stood on the touch-line waiting to take the corner flags and post protectors in after the game)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#468 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Have you seen the Operational Rules yet, lot more changes to come and as they stand they will be leaving the amateur game at the mercy of the RFL and their drive for only the elite to survive (So the guy who had a hobby past time playing and administrating amateur rugby league could find themselves stood on the touch-line waiting to take the corner flags and post protectors in after the game)

Only if you let it happen.

The NCL wont.

#469 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

Marauder................the Community Board can only dictate to any of its members, if your not a member..........then it can't say, impose or dictate anything!

Your correct about not being a member of the community game and It was asked from the floor if BARLA could pull out at last Monday's Pennine AGM

NOTE:- This is not a Pennine breakaway.

#470 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Your correct about not being a member of the community game and It was asked from the floor if BARLA could pull out at last Monday's Pennine AGM

NOTE:- This is not a Pennine breakaway.

As a matter of interest Marauder did the person asking get an answer , and if so what was it and by whom was it given ?

Edited by del capo, 31 July 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#471 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Only if you let it happen.

The NCL wont.

Your not out of touch with what's going on at the meeting after the meeting  :drag: or is it the meeting before the meeting :sclerosis:

:smoke:  Brutus you don't have to bother signing the operational rules just yet !!!        

:paladin:   Are you sure ?

8)  Yes just run with the rules until we've sucked the rest in, it will cover your back.

But be careful Brutus not to fall said :rtfm:  Vovumnius and his mates :party:  :alcoholic:   

Edited by Marauder, 31 July 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#472 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

As a matter of interest Marauder did the person asking get an answer , and if so what was it and by whom was it given ?

After a democratic debate it was decided by the committee that every club and district will be sent a copy of the operational rules (Done already) to be chewed over with their committee and players, the findings will then be reported back at a meeting in the near future (to be arranged)  either via their district or playing league.

It sounds a fair and relaxed system of work to me, especially when they don't have the pressure of big Bro breathing down their necks gently touching, prodding and herding secretaries into a  definition 1 pen.

#473 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

in this era of our open workings of the greater game.....anyone want to post the proposals here so we the level headed public of the amateur rugby league supporting internet can comment......Go on someone stick their heads above water......

#474 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:36 AM

in this era of our open workings of the greater game.....anyone want to post the proposals here so we the level headed public of the amateur rugby league supporting internet can comment......Go on someone stick their heads above water......

Are you looking for the draft proposals for the operational rules?

#475 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

After a democratic debate it was decided by the committee that every club and district will be sent a copy of the operational rules (Done already) to be chewed over with their committee and players, the findings will then be reported back at a meeting in the near future (to be arranged)  either via their district or playing league.

It sounds a fair and relaxed system of work to me, especially when they don't have the pressure of big Bro breathing down their necks gently touching, prodding and herding secretaries into a  definition 1 pen.

NCL has done the same Marauder . All member clubs have had the paperwork e mailed to them this morning for consideration and comment back to our Administrator in time for the NCL Management meeting with the RFL ( Robert Hicks ) on 19th August.

#476 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

Still awaiting an answer on this one Marauder

#477 old fiddle

old fiddle
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

Expect a long wait

#478 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Not seen um myself yet but our chairman said there are over 80 pages, I'm a simple man with simple needs, and I would sooner see the NCL committee sort the fixtures list out first, before they start discussing the operational rules, I know they all work very hard and I'm sure they try there best but if they can't even sort a fixtures list out, we'll were do we go from here

#479 St Domingos

St Domingos
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

There are some very capable people on the Pennine management, so the answer to your question would be...

NO questions that are not on the agenda are allowed at an AGM..... a fact a person in your position is fully aware of !

I still remember when we were all amateurs, working together for the good of the game - for no pay!!!

#480 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Peter how many questions have you avoided?
It's frustrating is it not ?

Edited by TaxiEgg, 02 August 2013 - 04:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users