TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

OA arl rip

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#61 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

First off I have promised my wife I will have a good couple of weeks away from the sport in order to re asses my goals in the game. I have to thank her as I have virtually been a stranger to her and my family for the last two years while trying to get into a position to make a difference to this ailing game, sadly I lost the Vote today to put my plans into action and for the record I have no bitterness what so ever with Sue Taylor. Congratulations Sue I congratulated you straight after and I will do so again on here without a problem.

However any olive branch, if considered, would have to be very strong as some of the remaining people their clearly don't want me around. For example the newly elected Vice Chair was only a couple of weeks ago encouraging a member of this forum to stand for a Youth and Junior spot then if I was not elected chair I would be out of the association. I don't work with slime balls who don't have the conviction to talk to you as an adult and tell you what they really think. Steve Manning is a devout RFL hater who has nothing but contempt for them yet he is Sue's new right hand man, sadly Sue may struggle to get Aim no 9 (Better working relationships between BARLA/RFL) with that one!

The second one is the newly elected Senior Vice President, who somewhat got a dislike for me for telling him the truth, has made his feelings very load to the considerable large membership of BARLA about me. Fine he has the right as an individual with his opinion to promote who he considers to be the best candidate but do it for the right reasons and not that to suit your own agenda. However he may have cooked his goose anyway after Sue, quite rightly, demolished him today. All that hard work Spen to get Sue your votes and stop me being elected is probably your downfall anyway as Sue is an intelligent person who probably sees through you just like I did!

I do worry that Sue, and he backers, don't know enough about Youth and Junior as I see nothing in her CV that she can argue the points to the performance dept. who are a very difficult bunch to debate with when you do know your stuff? I have to stay around if only to bring this to a conclusion and if that is not with BARLA then so be it. We have massive challenges at youth and junior especially the 16-18 age groups and I feel there is now no one at BARLA who can act on their behalf, constructively, now that I am not there.

My phone will be switched on for advice as Sue will have to appoint someone to continue the debate up in Cumbria in order to bring matters concerning the Academies to a conclusion. Its going to be tough and the new person taking on the task will have to be fully versed.

As for me now im switching off and kicking back. im off on tour Thursday and looking forward to a rest.

Thanks

Stuart

Good shot mate, I'll bet your chest's a lot lighter after unloading that lot. Very relevant however the points that you make on her right hand man (term used loosely) lots of support there to cement a better relationship with the RFL - I could see the vice chair trying to fit them for concrete boots.

Massive challenges with youth, massive challenges with the seasons in fact massive challenges with everything and by the look of the support that you have had around the cyber forums it seems that you could do a job.

I'll say it for you - I'll be back

#62 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

I don't know Sue Taylor. I wish her well in her new role, but I do feel worried with the comments read here and the comments made locally after Pennine league games

I hope she proves them to be incorrect

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#63 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

I don't know Sue Taylor. I wish her well in her new role, but I do feel worried with the comments read here and the comments made locally after Pennine league games

I hope she proves them to be incorrect

I would love Barla to get back to the glory years but after reading all this thread it looks like its hit rock bottom and won't survive . People are more concerned about themselves rather than the organisation . That's the problem . Start to make decisions for the game and not for yourselves . To be honest this thread stinks of selfishness

#64 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

I would love Barla to get back to the glory years but after reading all this thread it looks like its hit rock bottom and won't survive . People are more concerned about themselves rather than the organisation . That's the problem . Start to make decisions for the game and not for yourselves . To be honest this thread stinks of selfishness

Not meant for you that maggie

#65 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

I for one think the amateur game is on a down hill spiral. Looking as a supporter of Siddal, the gates are down in summer, the side is never the same each week due to other commitments & it just not as exciting as it once was. I agree with the earlier post those BARLA cup ties down Chevinedge were fantastic, this NCL challenge cup just doesn't have the same appeal.
Personally the open age game needs to go back to winter. Why don't BARLA wake up & offer these clubs the option, I'm sure you'll get some takers.

Agree with sid hall..on the occasion a good crowd turns up and its a sunny day ,folk drift off after game to do other things,or stand/ sit outside drinking....the crack in the clubhouses has disappeared !!!

#66 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Sad but true Sid, the game is on a slide but that was evident before the summer switch wich in truth has not helped eliviate the situation one bit.

Not wanting to harp on about how good it was in those days (4 years ago) but what an occasion the semi final v Queens at Chevin Edge in 2009. I was lucky enough to be amongst the 1,000 plus spectators that day which saw Siddal put the mighty Queens out of the cup at the pen-ultimate stage. It certainly was standing room only in the clubhouse after the game which had everything.

From that Siddal went on to beat Wigan St Cuthberts at Fylde which was then and since has been described by the Siddal Chairman as the club's biggest acheivement.

And how Siddal were pilloried by sections of the game for daring to enter a team in the 2011/12 BARLA National cup which ultimately cost them dear after the Leigh Miners game.

I agree with you Sid the open age game does belong in winter, but it is up to the clubs to make their feelings known to the management of their particular leagues. If that fails then I'm sure a collective knock on BARLA's door would give the clubs what they desire.

What a game that was siddal v queens..Easter sat 2009,packed crowd ,fantastic game ..u don't get days lie  that anymore sadly

#67 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Not meant for you that Maggie

So who was it aimed at Keith ?

#68 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

What a game that was siddal v queens..Easter sat 2009,packed crowd ,fantastic game ..u don't get days lie  that anymore sadly

I remember it well and sadly those kind of days are long gone.  The National Cup certainly brought out the best in players and I for one regret the Cup is not scheduled into the NCL calendar :sclerosis:

#69 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

I remember it well and sadly those kind of days are long gone.  The National Cup certainly brought out the best in players and I for one regret the Cup is not scheduled into the NCL calendar :sclerosis:

The BARLA National Cup could be on the NCL calendar if teams within the NCL made their feelings known. It may need a little re-jigging but with thought this could be done

#70 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

So who was it aimed at Keith ?

bARLA

#71 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

That's the problem, the NCL management expect the National Cup to be scheduled into the NCL program instead of arranging around the National Cup, I do understand that a little tweaking would have to be made know but If the NCL clubs do want to play their management and BARLA need to talk without any RFL influence.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#72 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

bARLA

But Keith we are Barla the clubs ,I think  you mean the Board of Management  ?

#73 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Make what you want out of it mick but our game is in a mess from top to bottom , its a selfish game at the top and run by lunatics at amateur level . Mick I do admire the grass roots people they are the lifeblood and your organisation along with others should be proud of what you do . But just read that statement by Stuart prior and its full of bitterness to other people in the Barla ranks , why didn't he make it public beforehand , its all about wearing the blazer and how many tours they can get on . Look at the national finals it was a joke , I don't mean the day itself but the organisation and planning . Can someone on here tell me what Barla have in the bank

#74 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Make what you want out of it mick but our game is in a mess from top to bottom , its a selfish game at the top and run by lunatics at amateur level . Mick I do admire the grass roots people they are the lifeblood and your organisation along with others should be proud of what you do . But just read that statement by Stuart prior and its full of bitterness to other people in the Barla ranks , why didn't he make it public beforehand , its all about wearing the blazer and how many tours they can get on . Look at the national finals it was a joke , I don't mean the day itself but the organisation and planning . Can someone on here tell me what Barla have in the bank

By all accounts I think that would all depend on who's account of the account's you got Mr C, it appears they maybe unsure themselves, but Sue Taylor seems to be making inroads into the financial aspect of affairs and will hopefully be able to report with clarity at some point in the future.

A bit of a shake up is what is needed at BARLA and Sue Taylor may be able to ruffle enough feathers to start making some sense of the years of nonsense, but is it too late?.........time will no doubt tell.

#75 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

I don't think bank accounts would be my first priority if I had just been elected.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#76 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Keith I do not disagree that we have challenges to meet to rebuild the game from the bottom up , the game is more fragmented now than it as ever been.

The national cup was behind the eight ball from the start and to be fair to Stu Prior he co-ordinated the competition given all the restraints put in front of him and produced a finals week end that has received many plaudits.

Keith we all have fall outs and many egos get bruised you have only to look at what as gone on at your club the last couple of years and indeed with yourself ,

but the underlying thing is many of us are passionate about the game at grassroots and rise above the politics and chest beating to do what we can to protect the game, your spot on with the selfish people in the game but they are there purely and simply because not many will put themselves forward .

Its that old thing mate " plenty of knockers not enough doers "

#77 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Can someone on here tell me what Barla have in the bank

They have cash and assets in excess of £750,000. Not including a couple of grounds they have inherited

#78 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Approx  £ 500k flew over the Pennines into Barla's coffers following the sale of the AGMA grant aided land to build the Leigh Centre of Excellence . Ironic Mr C that you now pay 49 k per year for the facilities at the Sports Village on virtually the same site.

Stuart Prior's downfall came in part because he challenged the Barla accounting systems and wanted the Association to be far more pro-active in using the members' funds. He had to extract teeth to get the pump funding in place and up to Cumbria to get that League up and running - and just look what a success that is seeming to be....for just £6k.

So no Marauder. The accounts for me as an incoming Chair would be the first place to start

Followed by the voting system . Heard a nasty rumour that someone from your neck of the woods was asked to become a delegate for the day and vote. Used to happen in the good old days quite a bit but surely not now ?

And once Barla have swept up their own back yard then yes I agree. The new Chair needs to get around  ALL  the members , including the Associates .But unless and until that clean up  happens I expect little to change , and certainly no welcoming mat outside her fiefdom...........

#79 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

I don't think bank accounts would be my first priority if I had just been elected.

It would certainly be mine! :rtfm:

#80 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

But just read that statement by Stuart prior and its full of bitterness to other people in the Barla ranks , why didn't he make it public beforehand , its all about wearing the blazer and how many tours they can get on . Look at the national finals it was a joke , I don't mean the day itself but the organisation and planning . Can someone on here tell me what Barla have in the bank

Mr C, Im sure that everyone who knows me, or who has cared to speak with me, knows my feelings about people I have mentioned in this thread and unlike others I don't normally air my dirty washing in public. you will see from the number of posts I make on this forum that my opinions are my own and I don't comment with disrespect to anyone's else's opinions. I try to keep myself private and engage myself with opinionated people via face to face conversation or telephone calls were we can slug out a great debate on the greater good of the game.

You are right however my reply above was written with a lot of bitterness coming fresh from a debacle of a meeting and having been stitched up like a kipper, I'm sure others would have felt the same. Yes I have been on a tour or two, paid out of my very own pocket, but I have also given up countless unpaid hours travelling the country to try and heal rifts and bring the association back into favour. However I assure you I wear no blazer but I do have the odd T Shirt or 3 !!

As for the national cup, and your obvious detachment from any meaningful meetings over the last 2 years at open age and youth and junior forums, you may try to understand that I have been the face of BARLA who has had more mud thrown at him than Shrek in his bog, yes I do look like him, and I have fought beyond comprehension to save this competition. remember for the last 2 years no one else from BARLA wanted to attend any of these meetings and I soon came to understand why. Again however I gained trust and respect with a lot of people associated in the game and I truly believe I would have been that missing link to heal the rift between all. Then you get the people with the hidden agendas conspiring to undo the very thing you set out to achieve, but I played fair and naïve believing the very people they were telling would look beyond that and look at what I had achieved in the last 2 years. perhaps next time I should tell a pack of lies to get into a position to make a difference?

Yes I have bitterness because the very people that conspired against me don't have a clue about the challenges or what needs to be done and all they did was make the association weaker while they protected their own backs. I hope they can get their act together as the game needs a voice of reason to keep the RFL and the Professional ranks in check, but as Nev v Dawn has pointed out, and ill say it myself, ill be back under what guise I do not know but that will be for the good of the game instead of a tour and a blazer.

Stuart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users