Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

OA arl rip

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#121 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

Maybe the group of people you need to convince are the NCL management. But it will be very hard for them to peel away from the RFL

Then if the groundswell of support is strong enough Dev a revolution will ensue.

rldfsignature.jpg

#122 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

Then if the groundswell of support is strong enough Dev a revolution will ensue.

Not a revolution Pom Pom, just a democratic decision.

#123 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Not a revolution Pom Pom, just a democratic decision.

If it goes against the controlling bodies wishes, it's a revolution Dev ;) Democracy will take three summer seasons to get it's next chance.

Edited by deluded pom?, 30 June 2013 - 08:24 AM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#124 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Not if 30% of the membership wanted to debate it now .

#125 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

And if it's as likely that 30% of the membership do want to debate it now, then it would be directly opposing the controlling body's (RFL) wishes.

#126 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

And if it's as likely that 30% of the membership do want to debate it now, then it would be directly opposing the controlling body's (RFL) wishes.

So if we have the desired 30% against summer rugby then why aren't we having the debate now? Or is it because we don't actually have the 30% but a vocal minority? ;)

rldfsignature.jpg

#127 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

So if we have the desired 30% against summer rugby then why aren't we having the debate now? Or is it because we don't actually have the 30% but a vocal minority? ;)

I'd expect a small thing like due process Pom Pom

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 01 July 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#128 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

The introduction of a 3rd division will make it harder to get 30%, simply because the teams in the new division will bend over backwards for being allowed to join the NCL ;)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#129 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'd expect a small thing like due proccess Pom Pom

Then what's the point in sabre rattling now?

rldfsignature.jpg

#130 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Then what's the point in sabre rattling now?

Every due process has a starting point Pom Pom

#131 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:24 AM

The introduction of a 3rd division will make it harder to get 30%, simply because the teams in the new division will bend over backwards for being allowed to join the NCL ;)

Or maybe they actually like summer rugby, you have a very low opionion of other teams implying they cant have their own opionion.

If NCL clubs want to change back to Winter they have to do it at meeting, maybe you could mention it at the next meeeting , oh no i forgot your not in the NCL but still try and push winter down its throat

#132 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

Or maybe they actually like summer rugby, you have a very low opionion of other teams implying they cant have their own opionion.

If NCL clubs want to change back to Winter they have to do it at meeting, maybe you could mention it at the next meeeting , oh no i forgot your not in the NCL but still try and push winter down its throat

I'm not trying to push any season down anyone's throat, but even YOU have to admit the problems I stated a couple of years ago with summer rugby have been showing their ugly heads and it didn't take the 3 to 5 years I thought it would.

The next plan to beat off any return to summer by the RFL will be to offer the NCL clubs a funding source to accept dual registered players, this money & player incentive will be portrayed as a quick fix to solve the player and funding drain on match days that has been reported since the switch to summer.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#133 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

I'm not trying to push any season down anyone's throat, but even YOU have to admit the problems I stated a couple of years ago with summer rugby have been showing their ugly heads and it didn't take the 3 to 5 years I thought it would.

The next plan to beat off any return to summer by the RFL will be to offer the NCL clubs a funding source to accept dual registered players, this money & player incentive will be portrayed as a quick fix to solve the player and funding drain on match days that has been reported since the switch to summer.

Summer isnt perfect for teams but neither was winter i remember loads of problems but people just seem to forget about them now.

Personally i cant see how NCL clubs would vote dual reg in and as much as certain people on here think the RFL now run the NCL they dont and managment can recomend what they wish it doesnt mean it will be voted in.

#134 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

Summer isnt perfect for teams but neither was winter i remember loads of problems but people just seem to forget about them now.

Personally i cant see how NCL clubs would vote dual reg in and as much as certain people on here think the RFL now run the NCL they dont and managment can recomend what they wish it doesnt mean it will be voted in.

Quite correct when you say summer isn't perfect and in the same sentence neither is winter, I feel however that you veer off track when you say that the RFL don't run the NCL.  

#135 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Quite correct when you say summer isn't perfect and in the same sentence neither is winter, I feel however that you veer off track when you say that the RFL don't run the NCL.  

I take it you believe the RFL run NCL can you expalin how becuase i was under the impression the management run the NCL after been instruced by the clubs

#136 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

I take it you believe the RFL run NCL can you expalin how becuase i was under the impression the management run the NCL after been instruced by the clubs

You're quite right Cas. The NCL are run by their own elected Management Committee, and it is only our Administrator that is employed by the RFL (and has been for some time). If the Clubs don't want something, then they don't vote it in. Simple. It will be up to the clubs if they want to change how the NCL is run, and by whom.

#137 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

You're quite right Cas. The NCL are run by their own elected Management Committee, and it is only our Administrator that is employed by the RFL (and has been for some time). If the Clubs don't want something, then they don't vote it in. Simple. It will be up to the clubs if they want to change how the NCL is run, and by whom.

Taken from the latest draft of the Operational rules that are looking to be passed come October 2013, so you might want to consider the following as it will have an impact........................

“Management   Groups”

means a body responsible for the operation of any relevant Competition, appointed by the Community Board;

“Memorandum of Understanding”

means the terms of reference signed by the relevant Competition and the RFL setting out the basis upon which that Competition shall be managed.

"Relevant Competition"

means a League or Competition which has signed up to abide by these Operational Rules and in which a Club participates;

"Community Board "

means the Board constituted pursuant to Article 79 of Articles of Association of the RFL (Governing Body) Limited;

A1:1     CLUBS

A1:1:1   All Clubs which participate in any Relevant Competition governed by these Operational Rules are deemed, by acceptance of the invitation, to be bound by the Operational Rules, the rules and regulations of any body of which the Relevant Competition is a member or affiliated with, the terms of any agreement entered into by the Management Groups with the RFL and the Laws of the Game and accept the jurisdiction of the Community Board. 

A1:4     DELEGATION OF RESPONSIBILITIES TO MANAGEMENT GROUPS

A1:4:1   The day to day running of the Relevant Competitions will be delegated to the relevant Management Groups.  The Management Group will have the power to make decisions consistent with these Operational Rules.  In the event of an issue falling outside of these rules the decision will be referred to the RFL Community Board.

A1:4:2   At all times the RFL will retain ultimate jurisdiction over the running of any Relevant Competition and shall maintain the right to impose sanction upon any Club or person subject to the Operational Rules at its own discretion.

A1:6     AMENDMENTS

A1:6:1   Any amendments to these Operational Rules shall be proposed and discussed by the Community Game Regulatory Group. The Community Board will have the overall control to approve any changes before being presented to the RFL Board.

B1:1     Administration

B1:1:1   The Management Groups shall be governed by the RFL under the terms of these Operational Rules.

C4          RELEVANT COMPETITION MANAGEMENT GROUP  

C4:1        The RFL shall appoint each Management Group to run the relevant Competition in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding. 

Edited by LordCharles, 01 July 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#138 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yep seen those Operating Rules being distributed around. They'll okay come into play if the clubs votes them in

The NCLs existing OP Rules are fine at the moment so will probably stay in place

The RFL are trying (as far as I know) to implement standard rules to the various leagues/comps across the country all of which are members leagues and will only be implemented if the clubs vote them in

#139 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Again I agree with you Cassy, yes I do believe that the RFL run NCL. And a quick glance on Lord Charles' post will reinforce that opinion.

Yes it may be that the top table contains NCL officials alongside a posse of RFL officials and which gives the impression of command. However messrs Moran and Hunt are delivering the RFL strategies directly from the RFL Community Board, which in effect runs any league that is party to the MOU which for the near sighted, Lord Charles has so kindly posted.

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 01 July 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#140 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Yep seen those Operating Rules being distributed around. They'll okay come into play if the clubs votes them in

The NCLs existing OP Rules are fine at the moment so will probably stay in place

The RFL are trying (as far as I know) to implement standard rules to the various leagues/comps across the country all of which are members leagues and will only be implemented if the clubs vote them in

Spidey

The clubs never saw the MOU yet it was signed by various Management groups and implemented, in doing so it circumvented any Leagues constitution by agreeing outside any AGM to adopt the RFL's Operational rules once ratified.

MOU Clause 3 : Adopt the RFL Community Game Operational Rules as and when approved by the RFL Community Board after consultation with the League

Regional League Constitution extract : Amendments or additions to the operational rules must be given in writing, be proposed and seconded by clubs who have been League members for at least one season, and be received by the League Secretary on or before the 1st Wednesday of November each year or at the discretion of the Committee. 

The Committee may also place proposals before the AGM. A majority of the Clubs present, and holding voting rights, is required to carry any proposals and/or amendments to the Operational Rules/Constitution.

So there is the issue, as the clubs don't need to see or have the opportunity to debate these operational rules because effectively the Management groups have in principle already agreed to them on behalf of the clubs through signing the MOU.

Anybody smell that coffee?

Edited by LordCharles, 01 July 2013 - 05:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users