• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

sleeping giants? more like comatosed relics

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#2 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,274 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Wigan have scraped victories against Cas away in the last couple of visits. Leeds were beaten this season. They lost a game of RL, they'll be in the mix come September which is what matters. I still think they have a very good chance of getting to old Trafford.

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,171 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Feck all. Teams win, teams lose. This league is competitive.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

It was all about the guts shown by Cas tonight. Huby was excellent. Wasn't sure about Arundel - still not sure.
Hull have great strike players & had 5 out tonight. They will be there or thereabouts

#5 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

They scored more tries, that usually tells what you need to know.

#6 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Just to be clear, Danny Tickle is injured is what's wrong with them.

Since the start of April Hull have lost only 3 times, but in 2 of those matches the difference was goal kicks. When they lost to Wigan both sides scored 4 tries and tonight they outscored Cas by 5 tries to 4, but Richards and Dixon were perfect with the boot in each of those victories while Westerman and Holdsworth struggled.

Says something about a team though when it just takes consecutive loses to deserve an inquisition thread.

#7 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

When they start to award the SL trophy in June I'll start worrying.

rldfsignature.jpg

#8 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

They scored more tries, that usually tells what you need to know.

No they didn't! Cas scored 5 and FC scored 6 the difference was in the goal kicking. Holdsworth only kicked 2 from 6. Dixon scored 5 from 5.
Scoring tries isn't enough they have to be converted.

Edited by bearman, 22 June 2013 - 06:55 AM.

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,134 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

No they didn't! Cas scored 5 and FC scored 6 the difference was in the goal kicking. Holdsworth only kicked 2 from 6. Dixon scored 5 from 5.
Scoring tries isn't enough they have to be converted.

I think he meant Hull scored more tries and, therefore, should have won the game.

And I presume by that, he was implying that there isn't much wrong with Hull FC.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#10 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

I think he meant Hull scored more tries and, therefore, should have won the game.

And I presume by that, he was implying that there isn't much wrong with Hull FC.

Quite. I didn't think it needed a full-bodied explanation.

#11 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Rumour has it that Westerman has signed for Wakefield, could be true as he's OOC next year and it was Agar who signed him from Cas.

#12 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

I thought it was an excellent effort from both teams. Hoping we've seen the re-birth of Cas under Powell.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#13 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,871 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hull are a good side, visibly improving. I'm not convinced they're ready yet to put in the sort of run you need to be champions, but things could well line up for them in the cup.

They've put up with a lot of deadwood in the past and I've been vocal about that. Those players are being moved on for younger, more exciting models now.

I don't think there's much wrong with them.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#14 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

My main concern was how easily we were bumped off in the tackle down the middle at times. Cas made so many metres from this. If our defence was tighter, they'd never have been in the position to score so many tries.

It highlights how much we need a better goal kicker than Holdsworth, but it shouldn't have come to that.
Posted Image

#15 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,871 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Just on the goalkicking, and it's a very minor point, I thought Holdsworth's colleagues could have helped him out a bit. On the Heremaia try in particular, Hull had about a five-man overlap and still only just scraped in the corner. With a bit more thought they could have worked it much closer to the sticks.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#16 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

First half Hull just did all they could NOT to score at times, holding on when they should have passed, not supporting the break and going for glory when patience was needed

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,134 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:46 AM

Just on the goalkicking, and it's a very minor point, I thought Holdsworth's colleagues could have helped him out a bit. On the Heremaia try in particular, Hull had about a five-man overlap and still only just scraped in the corner. With a bit more thought they could have worked it much closer to the sticks.

Not sure about this, I know you've said it's a minor point, but Hull were so calamitous at times I was just happy to see a try scored.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#18 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

I'd like to have seen a few more "Rangi pirouettes" once they'd crossed the try line.

rldfsignature.jpg

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,134 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

I'd like to have seen a few more "Rangi pirouettes" once they'd crossed the try line.

:blink:

He doesn't do much for me but each to their own I suppose... :tongue:

#20 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

:blink:

He doesn't do much for me but each to their own I suppose... :tongue:

Do you do irony(NO. NOT the pressing of clothes) OF?

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users