Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Athletics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,622 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Just watching the athletics from Gateshead.

I like it and most of these lot get no glory. Mo Farah is almost as good as me at running. Seriously though, he's incredible.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,770 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

I really enjoyed it - the team championship is always a good event, especially as GB aren't in any danger of relegation these days. Mo's final lap was spectacular, but the rest of the field all knew that if they ran the race as slow as they did, he'd hammer them. Also, top marks for Jessica Judd. Not many kids finish their A levels, then go straight on to beat a pretty decent quality international 800m field just a few days later.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,622 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, it was a good couple of days. Finished off well with a good men and womens 400m relay race.

#4 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,770 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

The only problem with it was the usual one. For the first half hour on Saturday, events were taking place but virtually nothing was shown (and then only brief highlights after the event) in favour of interview after interview and the interminable nattering from the presenters. A lot less blathering on Sunday's coverage, so maybe enough people complained.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,622 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Yeah I agree there. I wonder if Total Athletics.com is ablaze with people despairing at the coverage/commentators?  :shout:

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,770 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yeah I agree there. I wonder if Total Athletics.com is ablaze with people despairing at the coverage/commentators?  :shout:

Jonathan Edwards is okay, but while Colin'n'Denise were superb athletes, their presenting style would probably be a better fit on children's TV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users