TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

New Zealanders in Super League

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Bumhole Webb.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#22 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Richie Barnett, Jason Cayless, Paul Whatuira, Clinton Toopi, Tame Tupou, Lance Hohaia!

Top post, but you forgot about Richard Henare

#23 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

One of the best ever New Zealand signings was Grahame West for Wigan, top class player but also off the field one of the best ambassadors the game of rugby league has ever had, a real gentleman who has time for everyone, i remember him at a school event in Ince, Wigan back in the eighties, Westy was wearing a nice clean grey suit when he arrived, when he went home it was ruined he allowed the kids to use him like a climbing frame, the suit was covered in muddy footprints the kids loved him, Christmas 2012 Westy and Andy Gregory dressed up as elves at St.Pats kids Christmas party, probably the tallest elf ever.

#24 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Stacey Jones has gone well under the radar here, one of my favourite NZers ever.

For Wire (SL era):

Toa Kohe-Love
Nigel Vagana
Louis Anderson
Richard Henare (one season only mind)

All left me with fine memories. Honorable mentions: Vinnie Anderson, Logan Swann, David Kidwell (ok bad memories in his case!)

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Sean Hoppe.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#26 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

I take it you're a cas fan? What a great side caselford had in the early 90's.

Yep. Kemp was great to have in any side and we had a great mix. Lee Crooks was a great buy for us when he still had loads to offer.
We should have picked up a few more pots in that period.

#27 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,996 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

Adrian Shelford

rldfsignature.jpg

#28 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Monty Betham, Awen Guttenbeil, Paul Rauhihi, Jerry Seuseu, David Vaealiki,

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#29 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,996 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

Graham Kerr.

rldfsignature.jpg

#30 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

patrick ah van
julian o'neil
two more good ones.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#31 Gally

Gally
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

Not quite in the spirit of the thread, but one of the biggest Kiwi disappointments must be David Vaealiki.

Big reputation on his arrival and, other than a length of the fielder against Saints, did nothing.

#32 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Kevin iro was always a favourite of mine and Vila matautia was one tough mother.

#33 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Doc Murray anyone?

#34 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Going back to the early days of SL Freddie Tuilagi and Mike Umaga at Halifax were good.  Both took some stopping!

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#35 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Paul Mansson - he was class!

#36 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Going back to the early days of SL Freddie Tuilagi and Mike Umaga at Halifax were good.  Both took some stopping!

Weren't they both Samoans?

#37 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

Weren't they both Samoans?

Fair point.

Thinking about it I think Freddie was signed after playing for Samoa in the 1991 RUWC.  Mike Umaga though was I believe a New Zealander of Samoan decent, 

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#38 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Fair point.

Thinking about it I think Freddie was signed after playing for Samoa in the 1991 RUWC.  Mike Umaga though was I believe a New Zealander of Samoan decent,

There's been some damn good Samoans as well, Apollo perelini and Maurie fa'asavalu as well as those you mentioned.

#39 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,996 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

There's been some damn good Samoans as well, Apollo perelini and Maurie fa'asavalu as well as those you mentioned.

Maurie was British.

rldfsignature.jpg

#40 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Bumhole Webb.

Some parents can be very cruel.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users