Packs of Tetleys

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

Anybody seen the new (I think) packs of Tetleys beer in the Supermarkets? I've just seen them dotted around Tescos with a picture of 4 Players and the Challenge cup on the front of the box. Brilliant exposure!! I was that excited I had to start a thread.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#2 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Anybody seen the new (I think) packs of Tetleys beer in the Supermarkets? I've just seen them dotted around Tescos with a picture of 4 Players and the Challenge cup on the front of the box. Brilliant exposure!! I was that excited I had to start a thread.

I'll have to buy some. I've bought XXXX before just because RL was on the packet and I always search out Kingstone Press Cider. I support those that support RL.
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#3 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

it isn't even proper tetleys any more, and their tinned beer was ghastly anyway.

I aint buying #### just because it says rugby league on it

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#4 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

I'll have to buy some. I've bought XXXX before just because RL was on the packet and I always search out Kingstone Press Cider. I support those that support RL.

Definitely and highlights the points made in Martyn Sadler's thread about RL fans supporting the games sponsorship deals. I do the same (plus try to avoid non-tax paying organisations)!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#5 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Definitely and highlights the points made in Martyn Sadler's thread about RL fans supporting the games sponsorship deals. I do the same (plus try to avoid non-tax paying organisations)!

in our local ASDA there is a range of British and Irish lions red wine on sale. I'm pretty certain that at the very least it will be passable, although I wont buy it because there are other passable red wines on sale.

I'm not going to buy something I don't like just because it sponsors or edorses rugby league. There seems to be a narrow view of what rugby league followers like, and what they will send money on  People are willing and able to pend money on decent quality merchandise and the people marketing the game at club level and above dont seem to realise that.

Keeping it local

#6 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Good to see (just as long as I'm not expected to drink the cat's p###### that's in the box ;) )

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#7 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Is that what you say at the alcoholics anonymous meetings after you introduce yourself...

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#8 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Noticed that one of the union lions sponsors are First Cape Wines.
They ain't exactly top end of the market and could be viewed as the Tetleys of the wine world. They are also targetting the lower alcohol range of wines.

#9 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,841 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Good to hear. Wiltshire Rhino buying XXXX because it had RL connections is martyrdom well beyond the call of duty. Respect.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#10 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Is that what you say at the alcoholics anonymous meetings after you introduce yourself...

Too busy supporting RL sponsor's to go to meetings! ;-)

#11 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Good to hear. Wiltshire Rhino buying XXXX because it had RL connections is martyrdom well beyond the call of duty. Respect.

Gotta do my bit!

#12 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

in our local ASDA there is a range of British and Irish lions red wine on sale. I'm pretty certain that at the very least it will be passable, although I wont buy it because there are other passable red wines on sale.

I'm not going to buy something I don't like just because it sponsors or edorses rugby league. There seems to be a narrow view of what rugby league followers like, and what they will send money on  People are willing and able to pend money on decent quality merchandise and the people marketing the game at club level and above dont seem to realise that.

Did you get up out of the wrong side of the bed today l'ange? No one is asking you to buy something you don't like but if you do like something and the prices aren't too dissimilar then go for the one that sponsors RL if that's an option. Now say it slowly. I'm H-A-P-P-Y.

rldfsignature.jpg

#13 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Where do you get the KP cider from?

rldfsignature.jpg

#14 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,350 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

I'm not going to buy something I don't like just because it sponsors or edorses rugby league. There seems to be a narrow view of what rugby league followers like, and what they will send money on People are willing and able to pend money on decent quality merchandise and the people marketing the game at club level and above dont seem to realise that.

Bloody Hell. Jim Royle lives.

#15 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

right as rain DP weekend coming to a convivial close

I just like classy stuff that's all

UK Rugby League merchandise is invariably cack and low end at club level and above

the only bit of mercandise I possess from Rugby League is a limited edition stoneware pint tankard commemorating GB v The kangarood from the eqrly nineties. It's a very nice item.

Keeping it local

#16 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,350 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

I don't like Tetleys - even when it was meant to be good. But it isn't quite as bad as you are making out.

#17 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

right as rain DP weekend coming to a convivial close

I just like classy stuff that's all

UK Rugby League merchandise is invariably cack and low end at club level and above

the only bit of mercandise I possess from Rugby League is a limited edition stoneware pint tankard commemorating GB v The kangarood from the eqrly nineties. It's a very nice item.

Glad to hear all's well at mysterioso towers. I understand where you are coming from though with regards to quality. I actually like some of the gear they've come up with for the various competing nations at the WC but one thing really prevents me from buying any of it. Why oh why do they have to put the nations' name across the shoulders on the back of the shirt? I know which nation it is. It says so on the badge on the front. 

rldfsignature.jpg

#18 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

Bought some for the Exiles weekend camping trip. Went in for Speckled Hen, which was out of stock, so got Tetley's instead. At least it was the normal stuff and not smooth flow rubbish. Not as nice as Speckled Hen obviously, but I managed to finish the box of 123 off over the weekend.

#19 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,841 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

I managed to finish the box of 123 off over the weekend.

Worried about you mate.

Edited by Just Browny, 23 June 2013 - 05:02 PM.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#20 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

I don't like Tetleys - even when it was meant to be good. But it isn't quite as bad as you are making out.

This is because I am a man of taste and discernment
You alas...
Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users