- - - - -

Mighty Penguins, and all TRLers

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#1 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

Via fb and twitter, long lost friends have been found and we have arranged to all go to the Eng v Irl match 2 November at Huddersfield

We are all purchasng our own tickets so we can sit where we like, cheap seats or executive, whatever your choice.

Promo code 'exiles' gives you 50% off but only until midnight today

Whether you want to join in and attend any meet ups is entirely up to you of course, but the more the merrier

Edited by amh, 23 June 2013 - 11:20 AM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Couldn't you have picked a game that was a bit more convenient for you Mags?  :tongue:

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#3 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,153 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to pin this thing... :)

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#4 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,714 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

What are the Mighty Penguins? Despite being on the board for a decade and hearing them mentioned numerous times, I've never actually asked what it is. Is it like some made up joke team or something?

#5 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

No, it's not a reference to Featherstone Rovers!  

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

What are the Mighty Penguins? Despite being on the board for a decade and hearing them mentioned numerous times, I've never actually asked what it is. Is it like some made up joke team or something?

You, of all people, should be aware that all teams in black and white tend to be mighty.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#7 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

You, of all people, should be aware that all teams in black and white tend to be mighty.

Ah, but The Mighty Penguin shirt is a paleish blue, very similar to the NSW Origin kit. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#8 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,464 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

It's a drinking club with a rugby shirt attached.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

Ah, but The Mighty Penguin shirt is a paleish blue, very similar to the NSW Origin kit. :rolleyes:

Is it an away kit then? Do they play some games in the Arctic?

I have seen a MP shirt, of the colour you describe actually.

It was being worn by John M as he strode down Rose Street in Edinburgh during the Magic weekend a few years since.

Quite magnificent he looked in it too.

#10 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

I've seen the FB conversation, thanks to whoever added me in. Not sure whether I'll be at the game but, if I am, will come along.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Is it an away kit then? Do they play some games in the Arctic?

I have seen a MP shirt, of the colour you describe actually.

It was being worn by John M as he strode down Rose Street in Edinburgh during the Magic weekend a few years since.

Quite magnificent he looked in it too.

It will be even more magnificent ..and even more skin tight (as it has shrunk in the wash, honest!) this time round! What is Huddersfield's equivalent to Rose Street?

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

I've seen the FB conversation, thanks to whoever added me in. Not sure whether I'll be at the game but, if I am, will come along.

And if he does go, Browny is always obliging to get a free round in...! Very generous chap.

Someone on TRL past or present must know someone who runs a pub in Huddersfield, can't we commandeer a boozer for the millions, or should that be minions, to descend upon?!

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Not to mention to yell at those who have deserted the forum!

Boooooooooooo them. Boooooooooo them like they're Rangi Chase.

(edited for ###### English)

Edited by hindle xiii, 23 June 2013 - 06:21 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Boooooooooooo them. Boooooooooo them like their Rangi Chase.

Just Cas fans then?

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Just Cas fans then?

Flipping auto-pilot.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 Hullgal

Hullgal
  • Coach
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Boooooooooooo them. Boooooooooo them like they're Rangi Chase.

(edited for ###### English)

Ha ha, I'm a deserter!!  My first post back on here for many a year - but looking forward to catching up with everyone in Huddersfield, it's been quite a long time since the TRL forum members got together.

#17 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

L O.

where you been?

#18 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

It's a drinking club with a rugby shirt attached.

aaah a Rugby Union club then Cross code forum?

#19 Hullgal

Hullgal
  • Coach
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

L O.

where you been?

I think that life just sometimes takes over and the forum got to be the least of my priorities, and the arrival of Facebook meant I could still be in some contact with some of the TRL'ers but no need to post as much on here.  

I do miss posting on here, we used to have some good discussions and good laughs.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

Ha ha, I'm a deserter!!  My first post back on here for many a year - but looking forward to catching up with everyone in Huddersfield, it's been quite a long time since the TRL forum members got together.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:P

Welcome back.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users