Mighty Penguins, and all TRLers

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#61 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

Would love to meet Parksider but if I disagree with something he says I feel I may end up missing work the following week.

What makes you think he'd only want to engage you in one of his shorter discussions?

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#62 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,688 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

I do hope Parky and l'ang and ginge and DaveT and PMJ and VW and everyone else are in attendance too!

Unfortunately the England v Ireland game isn't one I'll be attending, so it'll have to be a no from me!

Hopefully will get the chance to meet a few of you in the future, I've never actually met anybody in person from the forum.

#63 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

still got my penguin shirt .. number 7 on the back and redditchbulldog and hopefully still fits
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#64 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

Alright boys......ladies.  ;)

Little bit up for this and going to have a word with some of my mates that have asked me about getting to a game of RL for the first time. Seeing them for a curry night this Thursday and will take it from there. Seeing as the original Penguins had two Leics lads in the line up, a few more won't hurt eh.  :)  

t'other ones already coming and sitting close to me

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#65 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

Would love to meet Parksider but if I disagree with something he says I feel I may end up missing work the following week.

What makes you think he'd only want to engage you in one of his shorter discussions?

ha ha ha ha Awh I wish he would come, I wish everyone would - those that can't can arrange other meet ups, now we've sown the seed, there's lots of opportunities

Edited by amh, 26 June 2013 - 07:42 AM.

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#66 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Unfortunately the England v Ireland game isn't one I'll be attending, so it'll have to be a no from me!

Hopefully will get the chance to meet a few of you in the future, I've never actually met anybody in person from the forum.

Sorry you won't be able to Dave, would love to meet you. Like I've just said, there are lots of games and opportunities for other meet ups. I can highly recommend doing it, I've met some lovely people along the way via here, life changing events, and long term friendships....and it certainly helps when judging the tone of people's posts afterwards and generally lightens the mood on here.

Post which games you are going to then others know and can contact you.....that goes for everyone

#67 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

Boo you! Boo you in the face!

:P

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#68 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Alright boys......ladies.  ;)

Little bit up for this and going to have a word with some of my mates that have asked me about getting to a game of RL for the first time. Seeing them for a curry night this Thursday and will take it from there. Seeing as the original Penguins had two Leics lads in the line up, a few more won't hurt eh.  :)  

Right, someone tie him down, nail him if you have to. We can't let this member go soft and leave the hole he left wide open.

There hasn't been a single innuendo since Chairman left, and he'd always give you one.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#69 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

Cas Vegas.

He was ok...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#70 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

must have lost his aceness?

#71 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,601 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Do we have to guess who has lost his aceness?

Just booked two tickets for 2nd Nov as Mrs JohnM won't let me go on my own...and it means we can share the  driving.... ;)

#72 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

Where's Webby? If you've made a bzillion posts and live within 100 miles of Huddersfield and don't promise to attend then you should be banned!

:rtfm:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#73 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,601 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

he's not coming, too is he?

#74 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

he's not coming, too is he?

Bloody hope so. I need a taxi.

Anyway, the previous is actually in the T&C's, it's just nobody reads them. :biggrin: Just above where it says Webby will taxi anyone who asks...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#75 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

genuinely disappointed that Huddersfield is out of reach, 460miles and an 8 hour round trip seems a little excessive.

Anyone up for a meet at the Millennium or Wembley?

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#76 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,601 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

genuinely disappointed that Huddersfield is out of reach, 460miles and an 8 hour round trip seems a little excessive.

Either or both, yes.  Will you be playing the "press" pass card again?

Edited by JohnM, 26 June 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#77 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Either or both, yes.  Will you be playing the "press" pass card again?

It's got to be worth a try  :biggrin:

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#78 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Oh very good mate.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#79 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,640 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'll be going to the Millennium. Seeing as we are in agreement these days, we can support Wales and England. However, it might be better tactics for England to lose to Australia, thus avoiding mighty Wales in the quarter final.

Probably a good thing that you can't get to Huddersfield as celtic solidarity requires me to support Ireland,

Then Wales in the quarter final, semifinal and final.

For the final, I just hope Australia doesn't ask for its players back.

B)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#80 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

:biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users