• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#121 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,844 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Back to Any Other Business / Any Other Sports

I hope Bleep intends to come, he'll probably go to the wrong pub and blame it all on us.

I think you mean every pub.

:ph34r: :D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#122 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

I hope Bleep intends to come, he'll probably go to the wrong pub and blame it all on us.

Alas, no.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#123 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,844 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Keep it up Bleep

#124 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

its also pretty difficult to get from Here to Huddersfield, time & expenses consuming.

I played my first cup final in Huddersfield, at the old Fartown, in the 1979 colleges cup final coming on as a substitute. Other cup finals include a Valentine Cup, and 2 London League Cups. Won them all.

(Or maybe that should be on the Uninteresting Trivia thread?)

Edited by Bleep1673, 30 June 2013 - 02:53 PM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#125 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Salford College of Technology
Irlam Hornets
Brent-Ealing

As you ask

#126 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,018 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Irlam Hornets
Brent-Ealing

As you ask

Me and my brother played for Ealing - I bet we're really good mates
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#127 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Irlam Hornets
Brent-Ealing

As you ask

I played in the 1980 colleges cup final for Huddersfield Poly and we won it
Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#128 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,464 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

I played in the 1980 colleges cup final for Huddersfield Poly and we won it

A song for ya http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

Edited by gingerjon, 02 July 2013 - 12:47 PM.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#129 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,844 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

I played in the 1974 UAU Cup Final for Bradford. Liverpool hammered us at Fartown..

#130 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Me and my brother played for Ealing - I bet we're really good mates

I played for them 1989-1994

#131 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,018 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

I played for them 1989-1994

Brother played 91-93 I think and I made a few guest appearances during 1992 season. In fact I think I went to watch ealing in a final that my brother played in at Wasps RU the day after Cas lost to Wigan at Wembley in 92
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#132 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

How many days to go???

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#133 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

Twelvty.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#134 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

ha ha ...93twelvty

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#135 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Any two five elevenis?  See HERE

#136 Yorkshire Pie

Yorkshire Pie
  • Coach
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hello :biggrin:

I'm not round here much, but I still watch rugby and get drunk...

#137 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

Hello :biggrin:

Quick, someone throw a net over her before she runs off again!

Although I think you are bitofaboogie and I claim my £5.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#138 Yorkshire Pie

Yorkshire Pie
  • Coach
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

This place looks different to when I was last here but pleased to see my user name still works!

I'm not round here much, but I still watch rugby and get drunk...

#139 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

It's changed but all the better for you and others popping in x

#140 The Partisan

The Partisan
  • Coach
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

Greetings everyone !

After some holidays and bank balance juggling I've been able to organise myself a trip to the UK  for the RLWC and would love to meet up with any other forumers at the games so far suggested. Been a forumer for a number of years albeit a bit quiet in recent times as work and life got in the way !!!  How rude !

Have definitely got the opening ceremony / double header; Wembley semis and Final locked in with the games England V Ireland; Fiji v Ireland; Cook Is v USA; Scotland v Italy; Scotland v USA; Australia V Ireland most likely to be attended along with at least 2 or 3 of the quarter finals ( dependent on funds and fitness !!!).

Would genuinely enjoy the opportunity to meet with some locals - and fellow international rugby league fans - and swap a few stories and laughs over a pint or two ! I was lucky enough to do this 1989 when I went to the third test of GB V NZ watching the locals get gome in Wigan and have great memories of the day.

Must admit that i am a pround Australian but to be honest I love the sometimes often maligned international games more than our national team and just hope that the RLWC can deliver a great spectacle to the world. Also have a $10 bet on England to win !!!! (Based more on the powerful forward pack than anything else)

Off to the St. George v Broncos game now - which as a Dragons fan living in Brisbane is always interesting. Crowd of 40k plus expected and it is a bright and sunny winters day here so should be a cracker of a day !

I am wearing an old away jersey of one the UK RL teams - but will not divulge who's it is for fear upsetting someone !!!! Though as the share a similiar name to my team - you may easily work it out !!!!

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users