Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NWC 16-18 EGM?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

Apparently there are some current members of the Management Committee who have said that even if they get voted out, they would still stand for re-election, which they are quite entitled to do.

#22 Teamplayer

Teamplayer
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

Apparently there are some current members of the Management Committee who have said that even if they get voted out, they would still stand for re-election, which they are quite entitled to do.

So the clubs have vote of no confidence in the committee then some or all of the original committee that they had no confidence in could be voted back in.

Whats the point of a vote of no confidence in  ALL the committee if they could be voted back on and why would anybody want to stand again when in effect the clubs have no confidence in you or your other committee members ?

#23 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

So the clubs have vote of no confidence in the committee then some or all of the original committee that they had no confidence in could be voted back in.

Whats the point of a vote of no confidence in  ALL the committee if they could be voted back on and why would anybody want to stand again when in effect the clubs have no confidence in you or your other committee members ?

Team player............that is not what I am saying, you have asked questions and I have given you answers.

If any of the existing committee decided to stand for re-election the likelyhood is that unless they were the only people to stand for any of the positions, then they would not be re-elected.

The reality is, that all official positions have new people waiting to step forward, but as is correct protocol, anybody can stand for any position should they so wish, even if they have just been voted out.

So it is very unlikely any of the committee who had been voted out, would get voted back in, that said its up to the clubs and the world can be a strange place at times!

#24 Teamplayer

Teamplayer
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Team player............that is not what I am saying, you have asked questions and I have given you answers.

If any of the existing committee decided to stand for re-election the likelyhood is that unless they were the only people to stand for any of the positions, then they would not be re-elected.

The reality is, that all official positions have new people waiting to step forward, but as is correct protocol, anybody can stand for any position should they so wish, even if they have just been voted out.

So it is very unlikely any of the committee who had been voted out, would get voted back in, that said its up to the clubs and the world can be a strange place at times!

I am confused because every year there ia an AGM where anybody can put themselves up for election but nobody ever does yet according to you there are people ready to fill all the roles.

At the minute from my point of view I am sat on the fence IF the committee are voted out and the only people to stand are the new people you claim are ready to stand what happens then do clubs still get to vote or do they not have a choice because they are the only options.

I am just trying to get a balance so that our club can make a one way or the other decision not end up abstaining due to not having all the facts.

#25 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

I am confused because every year there ia an AGM where anybody can put themselves up for election but nobody ever does yet according to you there are people ready to fill all the roles.

At the minute from my point of view I am sat on the fence IF the committee are voted out and the only people to stand are the new people you claim are ready to stand what happens then do clubs still get to vote or do they not have a choice because they are the only options.

I am just trying to get a balance so that our club can make a one way or the other decision not end up abstaining due to not having all the facts.

Unfortunately due to the current state of affairs at youth level people have realised the need for change and as a result have put themselves forward.

If the existing committee are voted out then whoever stands for election will have to be voted in where two or more candidates apply for a singular position, where only one candidate is standing then, as per the usual process at the AGM where only a single candidate stands, they will take up that position.

#26 Teamplayer

Teamplayer
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Unfortunately due to the current state of affairs at youth level people have realised the need for change and as a result have put themselves forward.

If the existing committee are voted out then whoever stands for election will have to be voted in where two or more candidates apply for a singular position, where only one candidate is standing then, as per the usual process at the AGM where only a single candidate stands, they will take up that position.

so clubs need to decide is it better the devil you know or do they risk / gamble their vote of no confidence with prospect of the league run by volunteers they may not or know due to no opposition.

Any way as a club we need to decide whats best for us.

Most clubs we talk to admit there needs to be some kind of change but then you have to have faith in the unknown to do that.

Edited by Teamplayer, 13 July 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#27 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

Teamplayer I think its been clear from the outset you have been fishing for information regarding who the potential candidates may be.

Whilst I am aware of a number of them, I don't think it is appropriate to start naming people publically before they have officially submitted their interest in standing for the available positions should an EGM go ahead.

It will be down to the existing management committee to circulate the relevant information regarding the EGM once constitutional protocol has taken place, it will also be down to the Management committee to circulate the names of all candidates who are either looking to stand or be re-elected for the available positions to the member clubs, once a vote of no confidence has been carried.

What I will say is that the candidates who will step forward are more than suitably qualified on many levels to take the League forward in the best interests of the clubs and the sport at youth level.

Edited by LordCharles, 13 July 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#28 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

so clubs need to decide is it better the devil you know or do they risk / gamble their vote of no confidence with prospect of the league run by volunteers they may not or know due to no opposition.

Most clubs we talk to admit there needs to be some kind of change but then you have to have faith in the unknown to do that.

Your not part of the old rudder are you?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#29 Teamplayer

Teamplayer
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Your not part of the old rudder are you?

No but I am struggling to decide whats best for our club devils we know or the a new committee we don't.

Personally I wouldn't want to be part of any committee new or old.

If the majority of clubs want a new committee then thats what should happen, I think clubs are stuck in limbo at minute is there support or not for a vote of no confidence. If yes get the ball moving and we can all make our decisions as I said earlier our club is sat on the fence at the minute.

Edited by Teamplayer, 13 July 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#30 St Domingos

St Domingos
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

But most people agree and even yourself, reading the above, admit the status Quo is not sustainable.

I still remember when we were all amateurs, working together for the good of the game - for no pay!!!

#31 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

No but I am struggling to decide whats best for our club devils we know or the a new committee we don't.

If the majority of clubs want a new committee then thats what should happen, I think clubs are stuck in limbo at minute is there support or not for a vote of no confidence. If yes get the ball moving and we can all make our decisions as I said earlier our club is sat on the fence at the minute.

There is very clear support for a vote of "no confidence" and I believe there have been official written notices of support that now go in to double figures, so I do not think it will be long before everything is submitted in the correct manner in order to call the required EGM.

As I have outlined earlier once the EGM is called, if the vote of "No confidence" is carried then any person wanting to stand for any of the positions on the committee will then need to formally put in written notice of their intentions and also nominate the management position they are looking to apply for.

As a matter of course the names of the candidates who apply should be circulated via official correspondance to all the clubs in the NWC 16's-18's by the existing/interim management committee, prior to a vote at a further EGM.

#32 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

There is very clear support for a vote of "no confidence" and I believe there have been official written notices of support that now go in to double figures, so I do not think it will be long before everything is submitted in the correct manner in order to call the required EGM.

As I have outlined earlier once the EGM is called, if the vote of "No confidence" is carried then any person wanting to stand for any of the positions on the committee will then need to formally put in written notice of their intentions and also nominate the management position they are looking to apply for.

As a matter of course the names of the candidates who apply should be circulated via official correspondance to all the clubs in the NWC 16's-18's by the existing/interim management committee, prior to a vote at a further EGM.

It's a breath of fresh air to see the system being transparent and used how it was meant to be.

#33 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

It's a breath of fresh air to see the system being transparent and used how it was meant to be.

Maybe Marauder, but transparency has to be across the board from all parties.

Its disturbing to note that a dual registration policy for U18's has already been agreed for 2014, this was done during discussions at Regulatory group in Feb 2013 and Community Board in April 2013.

Now there are parties who have been part of those discussions that frequent this and the NCL forum, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions regarding transparency!

What we must do is be able to deliver clarity and direction to the sport at youth level and for that to happen all parties need to be completely transparent in relation to their objectives and agenda's.

Edited by LordCharles, 13 July 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#34 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Maybe Marauder, but transparency has to be across the board from all parties.

Its disturbing to note that a dual registration policy for U18's has already been agreed for 2014, this was done during discussions at Regulatory group in Feb 2013 and Community Board in April 2013.

Now there are parties who have been part of those discussions that frequent this and the NCL forum, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions regarding transparency!

What we must do is be able to deliver clarity and direction to the sport at youth level and for that to happen all parties need to be completely transparent in relation to their objectives and agenda's.

I'm well aware of certain people who have over stepped their powers, or should I say took it upon themselves to make decisions without proper unbiased consultation.

Clarity and direction needs to be delivered at all levels

Edited by Marauder, 13 July 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#35 revtype

revtype
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Is whats happening at NWC 16-18 League an isolated case or are there other leagues with members not happy with their committees ? 

#36 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Problem will all this of course is what comes after a vote of no confidence? Problem is the agitators for a vote are unlikely to declare hose putting themselves forward for a new committee until the deed is done. The argument of better the devil you know may not be inaccurate.

There have been problems this year of that no doubt but it was always going to be a settling in year after the move to a predominantly summer season.

Things can be fixed or supported but those clubs pushing for changes and there seem to be a couple seem to have particular issues that are the focus of their own agendas.

On the one hand you have a "return to winter" camp and on the other objections flavour involvement of "pro" players. The fact the the current committee have experienced problems is a very convenient excuse.

I have my own opinion about the winter/summer debate but I think we should at least give the current arrangement a chance.

The pro issue comes down to an argument about allowing lads who in reality have only just signed with pro clubs, even if not on pro terms, returning to have a game with clubs they may have only left within weeks or clubs. We are not taking about Sam Tomkins.

We all know that success ebbs and flows from club to club, year on year and what may happen at one club may happen at another a year later. I have concerns that the whole RFL operational rules and pro player debate may have it's grounding in one club's objections of another's use of certain players. If so we should not base the future of the sport on such prejudices.

As for the aregunent about operational rules these would be the underlying rules on the basis that the sport is supposed to be one. My understanding is there is a very good basis for these rules following a case in which a young lad died a couple of years ago playing RL but there being being confusion about the responsibility for whose rules he was playing to. Having overreaching RFL rules would simply put the sport in line with every major sport in the UK. Competition rules would simply lay over those ie NWC rules regarding transfers etc.

As for the amateur / pro debate I'm sick of the fact that Rugby League people who have spent a century complaining about the prejudices of Rugby Union can't see the irony of their stance. Some amateur RL are more anti pro RL than RU ever where. It was no accident that when RU went professional they described the sport as "open". It is only in RL that the distinction between pro and amateur continues to be so decisive.

Lets all just play the game. Lets cut the BS that detracts and the politics of the mad house.

If those individuals manage to pursuade 30% of the NWC 16-18's club secretary's to sign their proposal they better be ready to explain what it is they want to do and how it'll be better.

At the moment I think others need to know who it is that making the moves and how they intend to move things forward.

Edited by The 4 of Us, 13 July 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#37 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

An EGM needs to be specific about it's intent.    It has to be in motion form.     It has to be ready to take up the consequences of the vote , and phrased in such a way that all those who vote know  what will happen thereafter.

If you want support Lord C then you need to spell out your plan to the clubs.. Or you are just playing the 'smoke and mirrors ' game.....

If I ever faced a successful vote of no confidence than you would't see me for dust........no-one with any integrity on Management would stop thereafter.

So if your issue is with certain individuals that you believe are getting it wrong and need to be removed , then that is where you need to target your motion. Phrase it properly , if you have the balls.....and be ready to tell the clubs your alternatives.

Needless to say , I expect an 'off the park ' resolution in due course.....

#38 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

An EGM needs to be specific about it's intent.    It has to be in motion form.     It has to be ready to take up the consequences of the vote , and phrased in such a way that all those who vote know  what will happen thereafter.

If you want support Lord C then you need to spell out your plan to the clubs.. Or you are just playing the 'smoke and mirrors ' game.....

If I ever faced a successful vote of no confidence than you would't see me for dust........no-one with any integrity on Management would stop thereafter.

So if your issue is with certain individuals that you believe are getting it wrong and need to be removed , then that is where you need to target your motion. Phrase it properly , if you have the balls.....and be ready to tell the clubs your alternatives.

Del.........I could be wrong, but I think the reasons have been clearly outlined as to why the vote of no confidence in the committe as a whole has been submitted, what the potential new candidates are looking to achieve and even example structures that could be implemented to address certain important issues.

Perhaps you need to get up to speed...........or are you still deliberating your answer to the dual registration issue at NCL level on the OA RIP thread?

#39 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 736 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Del.........I could be wrong, but I think the reasons have been clearly outlined as to why the vote of no confidence in the committee as a whole has been submitted, what the potential new candidates are looking to achieve and even example structures that could be implemented to address certain important issues.

Perhaps you need to get up to speed...........or is your thought process a little cloudy whilst still deliberating your answer to the dual registration issue at NCL level on the OA RIP thread?

Edited by LordCharles, 14 July 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#40 Teamplayer

Teamplayer
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Del.........I could be wrong, but I think the reasons have been clearly outlined as to why the vote of no confidence in the committee as a whole has been submitted, what the potential new candidates are looking to achieve and even example structures that could be implemented to address certain important issues.

Perhaps you need to get up to speed...........or is your thought process a little cloudy whilst still deliberating your answer to the dual registration issue at NCL level on the OA RIP thread?

Maybe you need to bring us all up to speed then as the only proposal I have seen is the idea for the fixtures. So does that mean that everything else in the constitutionstays the same transfers, registrations, etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users