NWC 16-18 EGM?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

An EGM needs to be specific about it's intent.    It has to be in motion form.     It has to be ready to take up the consequences of the vote , and phrased in such a way that all those who vote know  what will happen thereafter.

If you want support Lord C then you need to spell out your plan to the clubs.. Or you are just playing the 'smoke and mirrors ' game.....

If I ever faced a successful vote of no confidence than you would't see me for dust........no-one with any integrity on Management would stop thereafter.

So if your issue is with certain individuals that you believe are getting it wrong and need to be removed , then that is where you need to target your motion. Phrase it properly , if you have the balls.....and be ready to tell the clubs your alternatives.

Needless to say , I expect an 'off the park ' resolution in due course.....

What if the new guys deliberate and then make a recommendation to the clubs

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#42 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

What if the new guys deliberate and then make a recommendation to the clubs

Before they're in a position to "recommend" anything I think they need to explain what they intend and how it would be better.

At the moment they seem to be more about what's gone wrong. My opinion as set out about is that there seem to be 2 camps. One relating to a return to a "traditional" season and another whose beef if with "pro" players returning to their amateur clubs. I'm not suggesting they have an agenda but they need to be clear to avoid people coming to their own conclusions.

#43 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 784 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Maybe you need to bring us all up to speed then as the only proposal I have seen is the idea for the fixtures. So does that mean that everything else in the constitutionstays the same transfers, registrations, etc

I think you will find the most important aspect for any new committee will be their desire to engage with the membership regarding various issues, in particular the now ratified final draft of the RFL's Operational Rules.

After going through the Regulatory Group and Community Board this final draft of the operational rules are now for the clubs to debate, review and fully understand before deciding if they, as members of the league, wish to adopt them via a democratic vote.

Potential new competition structures have already been outlined in order to cover the entire spectrum of ability that encompasses each age group, again this is an issue for debate in order to find the most suitable regular program for ALL concerned.

The possibility of commercial sponsorship has also been mentioned with a view to supporting other initiatives the NWC could potentially take a lead on.

Progressive, positive and structured change will I feel be something any new committee has the potential to achieve should the people looking to step forward have an opportunity to do just that.

#44 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Can these proposals be read anywhere.

Note what you say about new committee but shouldn't their views be aired before there's any "beauty parade"?

A number seem to have taken against the operational rules because its the RFL. Has anyone stopped to consider why they might be needed.

Do you think other leading sports worry about the governing body of the sport having rules the league need to adhere to? That doesn't stop local leagues having their own constitutions.

#45 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Have you read the operational rules and if so do you think the proposed rules benefit the community game ?

Every one in administration acknowledges the need for clear open and transparent guidelines for leagues to work to, with a common theme recognising the needs of each section of the game .

ONE FIT DOES NOT SUIT ALL .

So why are they needed and should the operational rules not identify the needs of the whole game ?

#46 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

BUMP :rtfm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users