Constitution advice.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

Does anyone know the workings of this question please.

A local group are writing their constitution and are looking for advice on the laws regarding the electing & removing of a trustee?

Cheers in advance.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#2 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,764 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

Here's some model documents from the Charity Commission.  It's worthwhile getting a solicitor review of the documents though, shouldn't cost a fortune but is certainly better than finding a few years down the line that there's a problem.  You can do your own but it always has a little risk.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Here's some model documents from the Charity Commission.  It's worthwhile getting a solicitor review of the documents though, shouldn't cost a fortune but is certainly better than finding a few years down the line that there's a problem.  You can do your own but it always has a little risk.

I'm asking because I don't think ours (Marauders) is a very good one.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#4 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,764 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm asking because I don't think ours (Marauders) is a very good one.

Ah, OK, here's a link to the Sport England templates page.  Template 11 has their model constitution but you can also adopt the rest as well.  If you're looking for CASC status at some point then adopting these can't do anything but help.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Does anyone know the workings of this question please.

A local group are writing their constitution and are looking for advice on the laws regarding the electing & removing of a trustee?

Cheers in advance.

Mararuder, does your local authority have officers who are responsible for working with community organisations, voluntary bodies, local charities etc? If yes, they should be able to help with templates, standard documents etc. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users