RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Making a push?.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Reported that Kear could be unloading a few. Jason Walton, Greg Johnson and of course the "rumoured" Moore. Drafting DR players in from Huddersfield in an effort to make a play for the finals?.

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

Reported where? And is your final question purely supposition or fact?

Edited by distantdog, 23 June 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#3 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Reported where? And is your final question purely supposition or fact?

Just a thought, DD. Reported in todays press.

Edited by Bob Crowther, 23 June 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

What Press?

#5 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Now they're just making stuff up

#6 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Dual reg have to have played so many games to be able to play in the playoffs I believe. Might be wrong though.

#7 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Taking a look at Swinton's scorers today should throw some light on this

#8 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Does anyone know the rules on Dual Reg players regarding the play-offs? Can a Dual Reg player turn out for both his clubs in both the Super League and the Championship play-offs? If not, any Huddersfield lads good enough for Batley could be recalled as cover for Huddersfield, assuming they finish in the qualifying places?

#9 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

What Press?

Thi names very apt, DD. Thas like a dog wi a bone. Reported in todays League Express. Dont forget, tha heard it here first.

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Did you have the LE yesterday

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yes. I nipped out for it in my Tardis.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Yes. I nipped out for it in my Tardis.

as long as you were'nt in your onesies

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#13 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

As a matter of fact, no, but have to visit the doctor on Tuesday.

#14 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

As a matter of fact, no, but have to visit the doctor on Tuesday.

Hope the doctor's visit goes ok. The reason why I asked was that you said on sunday that the rumours were in the press. When I asked which press, you said they were in Monday's LE. I am just trying to get my timeline of rumour right that's all! 

#15 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hope the doctor's visit goes ok. The reason why I asked was that you said on sunday that the rumours were in the press. When I asked which press, you said they were in Monday's LE. I am just trying to get my timeline of rumour right that's all! 

Believe it or believe it not, DD, the list of players names was published in the Sunday People. As Stevo would say "Hes got it spot on".

#16 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Believe it or believe it not, DD, the list of players names was published in the Sunday People. As Stevo would say "Hes got it spot on".

Ah now l see. On Sunday you were quoting from the people, on Monday from the LE. now l know l can sleep well at night. Being at university means l have to have correct references at all time!

#17 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Does anyone know the rules on Dual Reg players regarding the play-offs? Can a Dual Reg player turn out for both his clubs in both the Super League and the Championship play-offs? If not, any Huddersfield lads good enough for Batley could be recalled as cover for Huddersfield, assuming they finish in the qualifying places?

Bye-laws B3.14 et seq.

Must have played 6 games unless they have a salary cap value of £20000 or more, in which case it's 3. More rules there which I can't be bothered to type in. Can't see any rule that prevents a DR player playing for both clubs.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#18 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

Ah now l see. On Sunday you were quoting from the people, on Monday from the LE. now l know l can sleep well at night. Being at university means l have to have correct references at all time!

I wonder what you are taking at university. How about a capital 'P' for People, a capital 'N' to start a new sentence,  a comma after 'know' and a 's' on last word. I hope it is not English Grammar. Or perhaps you were just rushing as we all do sometimes.

#19 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

I wonder what you are taking at university. How about a capital 'P' for People, a capital 'N' to start a new sentence,  a comma after 'know' and a 's' on last word. I hope it is not English Grammar. Or perhaps you were just rushing as we all do sometimes.

Or even 'on the last word'. See what I mean about rushing.

#20 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Or even 'on the last word'. See what I mean about rushing.

Ha ha. A bit of a rush combined with using my phone to post so fat fingers and fiddly keyboard but thanks for the feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users