haven away reaction

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Cant believe how poor we were today. We made them look good with a letharhic show. I cant pick a good performer out we just wernt up for it simple as that. Only posotive is we were so bad and still got a BP.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

We were right , games aren't won on paper . Did the players fall into the same trap and spend to much time looking at the team sheet and get lulled into thinking it would just happen ? Gutted and disappointed . If you wanna win you've gotta turn up . I knew they'd rip in and the Saints guys would add something but I thought we'd match it more than we did . Tough games ahead . Consistency and playing to the sum of the names on the team sheet week in week out still an issue .

Edited by DavidM, 23 June 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#3 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yeah think we were to confident going into that. Some reaction from the haven boys at the end tho. Did they win the game or the league?? Disappointed but the best team won no question. Move on.

#4 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yeah think we were to confident going into that. Some reaction from the haven boys at the end tho. Did they win the game or the league?? Disappointed but the best team won no question. Move on.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Can't blame them at all . Just gotta suck it up I'm afraid .

#6 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

You can tell charlo is raging in his interview. He's being very diplomatic though.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

What's he saying chief?

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

By the way , Fev home and away , Batley away and Sheffield away four of the next six games .... Gulp .

#9 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

May I be the first to congratulate haven on winning the challenge cup, though I didnt even know that's what we playing for until I see there celebration.

#10 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Very poor today didn't look interested one bit after the first 5 mins until the 70th minute. We got a bp but the coaches need to sort out where were only playing for little patches each game.

#11 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Any word on how serious briscoes injury is?

#12 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

What's he saying chief?

said we were out enthused and didn't front up today. Too many basic errors. Poor go forward. Credited haven for playing well. Very diplomatic but clearly wasn't happy and I'm not suprised.

Edited by town4me, 23 June 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#13 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Any word on how serious briscoes injury is?

cartlidge. May need cleaned out.

#14 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Best team in all won but we were shocken all over the field but they had to win one some time hahahaha there fullback was mom by a mile was great

#15 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

Davidm has it right, just got to suck it up, best team won on the day, lets not do what they do with the 2 bad teams/we didn't turn up nonsense, sometimes you only play as well as the opposition let you.

#16 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

I feared this - all the hype of our so called "team sheet" the fact their pack had been steamrolled for the past 2 seasons there was always going to be a day like today where they got some revenge - I thought everything was flat today from he warm up - the support the lot, and feared the worst watching our DR man Flynn look totally clueless when trying to take high balls being peppered on him by the kicking team- but hey ho that was before the action began .

In the game we are desperately short of aggressive tacklers - we missed Dowes in defence today and also Walne 's work rate - I've said it in he past about duel reg- just like versus donny where like havens they were the oppositions best players where as ours came up well short, and in one case probably cost us a chance to win the game . Im sick of the constant changes in the team at 1, 6,7,13 and sometimes 9 .. These players need to be set in playing every week - bringing in a 6 for one session and a game just doesn't work I'm afraid no matter how good they are.

For the coach to come up with comments like "our commitment was off " and "they out enthused us" wasn't nice to hear - but like I've always said its alright standing on the steps thinking this - players done their best I suppose and tried hard, just means we have to beat dewsbury to take the pressure off barrow away .

Finally I wish jamie action would just knock the ###### out of lee doran - I'd give them 3 points anyday to see that !!!

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

Commitment and enthusiasm should never be issues in a derby against them . Few long hard looks in the mirror if they were .
Hands up and take it , but the patchiness Scott mentioned and the same old deficiencies are a constant wind up which get us competing to often with one hand tied behind our back . There's rarely two displays the same . It's a worry when you look at all those names and yet its often such a struggle .

Edited by DavidM, 23 June 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#18 Ruby

Ruby
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

May I be the first to congratulate haven on winning the challenge cup, though I didnt even know that's what we playing for until I see there celebration.

Not like you lot never over celebrated a win against us eh...........get a grip

#19 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

We have a grip of ike pal and 7 x

#20 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Ha ha yeah thought your starting hooker was gonna have a hernia at the end singing and jumping around ha ha he's that good none of us knew his name ha ha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users