Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

haven away reaction

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

#61 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

yeah bomber lets let them enjoy their 5 minutes of fame. They certainly wont look a gift horse in the mouth and that certainly was a gift.

yes and i think their rough house tactics worked us a pill,they always want to spoil and fight :P

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#62 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Dorans just a coward. Second man in dishing it out all the time but can't take it.

#63 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

I think todays game showed once again we lack a couple of centres with a bit of size and pace.

#64 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Dorans just a coward. Second man in dishing it out all the time but can't take it.

He was fourth man on one tackle!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#65 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

I think todays game showed once again we lack a couple of centres with a bit of size and pace.

I thought Connor looked capable of making a break or two today but Mossop doesn't offer us much in attack although his defence is solid enough.   I think JJP only touched the ball twice today and dropped it once!!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#66 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Also One thing today we looked rudderless. There didnt seem to be anybody talking and directing things after briscoe went off. He was doing it from behind the line until his injury.

#67 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

Also One thing today we looked rudderless. There didnt seem to be anybody talking and directing things after briscoe went off. He was doing it from behind the line until his injury.

And Peter Lupton went off around about the 20th minute and didn't come back on until about 65th minute, so we were running a bit short on the subs bench.

#68 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

We just need to draw a line over it and move on, hopeful briscoes ain't as bad as first feared and he can be back soon, they we have big walne, Morris and dowes back in the mix!
Cotter too!

#69 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 872 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Never liked after eights anyway ;)

#70 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

John Cox was calling it 7 - 1 now. (He made reference to the 7 Town wins a few times)
I'd say it was now 1 - 0 to haven, but I'll take 7 - 1

#71 yanto

yanto
  • Coach
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

.    I don't know what figure they will give out for the attendance but several Haven fans though less than 1,000.    

BBC website got the gate at 1334

#72 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

BBC website got the gate at 1334

Yes, I saw that Ian and it surprised me and a few more!!!!    

#73 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

There were a lot less there than the 1,320 that were at the challenge cup game but then again this wasn't a shared gate....

#74 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Can't just blame paddy he scored 2 but also did make too mistakes but wasn't the only one. We had no direction the players didn't really look interested at. I thought we looked alright until briscoe went off shouting orders from the back.

#75 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Also thought Lupton was treble until the last like 6 minutes

#76 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Also thought Lupton was treble until the last like 6 minutes

lupton was hardly on the pitch yesterday, he went off on 18mins and never came on until the last 15. to say he was terrible isnt really fair. there was about ten worse players than peter, even some of our top players were well below par yesterday.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#77 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

Yes there was other worst players but why did Peter get took off

#78 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

He was injured. End of the day he's the only one out there who can control things. Even if he's not the best. Still desperate for an old head at 6/7 to guide us round.

#79 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

He was injured. End of the day he's the only one out there who can control things. Even if he's not the best. Still desperate for an old head at 6/7 to guide us round.

yeah with him,dowes and briscoe missing we really struggled for direction. thacks dosent seem to have that type of input into the team.

Edited by wonky, 24 June 2013 - 09:48 AM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#80 CumbrianFan12

CumbrianFan12
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

Must say as a Haven Fan glad we got the monkey of our back with winning. Think the main difference that won the game was the game plan used, Town seem to lack there usual game plan of drives up the middle bullying teams to make yards and Matty doing what Matty does best scooting from POTB.

Listening to after game interviews seemed like we used the game plan of stick in positions and group up on tackles hence 3 or 4 in every tackle but most importantly was the markers to make sure Matty couldn't scoot and do the damage that we all know he can do.

As for Doran and Acton not sure who would win there but Doran as captain done the right thing and not get involved, did love it at the end when Acton ran towards the fight and Clough stepped up to him and he backed down, just shows he's not what he thinks he is. One thing is Carter is so dirty in tackles puts his head in and everything yet when it happens to him dummy right out like a baby.

End of the day best team won whether town make excuses or haven say they were brilliant but you can only beat what's infront of you.

Hope Briscoe recovers soon for you as would be a shame if rumours are right he won't be back again this year as he is a standard above everyone in this league at full back would of been good to see how him and Swift went against each other for 80 minutes.

But anyways now 1-0 :) good luck for the rest of the season hope you manage to get through the next 6 games where you have a lot of tough ties and hopefully we both stay in the Championship next year (plus Barrow, but not looking good) and we can keep the derbies going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users