haven away reaction

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

#81 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Must say as a Haven Fan glad we got the monkey of our back with winning. Think the main difference that won the game was the game plan used, Town seem to lack there usual game plan of drives up the middle bullying teams to make yards and Matty doing what Matty does best scooting from POTB.
Listening to after game interviews seemed like we used the game plan of stick in positions and group up on tackles hence 3 or 4 in every tackle but most importantly was the markers to make sure Matty couldn't scoot and do the damage that we all know he can do.
As for Doran and Acton not sure who would win there but Doran as captain done the right thing and not get involved, did love it at the end when Acton ran towards the fight and Clough stepped up to him and he backed down, just shows he's not what he thinks he is. One thing is Carter is so dirty in tackles puts his head in and everything yet when it happens to him dummy right out like a baby.
End of the day best team won whether town make excuses or haven say they were brilliant but you can only beat what's infront of you.
Hope Briscoe recovers soon for you as would be a shame if rumours are right he won't be back again this year as he is a standard above everyone in this league at full back would of been good to see how him and Swift went against each other for 80 minutes.
But anyways now 1-0 :) good luck for the rest of the season hope you manage to get through the next 6 games where you have a lot of tough ties and hopefully we both stay in the Championship next year (plus Barrow, but not looking good) and we can keep the derbies going.

any team in the championship would have beaten us yesterday we were awful. As I'ev already said we still managed a BP which suggests if we had turned up we would have won. We gifted another team around us in the league with 3 points. Time to move on

#82 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

any team in the championship would have beaten us yesterday we were awful. As I'ev already said we still managed a BP which suggests if we had turned up we would have won. We gifted another team around us in the league with 3 points. Time to move on

In all honesty I think you've gotta give haven some credit for that result. They were on top of there game for a good 65-70mins. That's why they won and it could have been a lot more. Yeah we weren't at our best but most probably because they never allowed us to be.

#83 CumbrianFan12

CumbrianFan12
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

In all honesty I think you've gotta give haven some credit for that result. They were on top of there game for a good 65-70mins. That's why they won and it could have been a lot more. Yeah we weren't at our best but most probably because they never allowed us to be.

This is what i don't get. Some Town fans are just bitter and twisted, yes we also have them but surely you must realise yesterday you were just outplayed nothing else. How many times on your 7-0 roll did we say we never turned up and you couldn't accept that. At the end of the day whether you're pish poor or the best team in the world whatever the score after 80 minutes is all that counts. You lose, then you accept it, you win and you win because you're better on the day.

If you all watched the game you would of seen your usual game plan of bullying up the middle with Matty to feed of wasn't happening as Woods knew that's all Town have so he put in place a plan to counter attack that and it worked brilliantly, it's not you were poor it's we made you look poor as you couldn't do what your plan was set out.

But again to those fans who talk sense and aren't bitter good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully we will both see each other again next year in at least 3 derby games :)

#84 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

its all about opinions really. IMO haven didnt make us stand still and let them run at us, or knock on under our own stick, kick out on the full , miss tackles and give silly penalties away piggybacking them up the pitch etc.

#85 CumbrianFan12

CumbrianFan12
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

its all about opinions really. IMO haven didnt make us stand still and let them run at us, or knock on under our own stick, kick out on the full , miss tackles and give silly penalties away piggybacking them up the pitch etc.

Yes they didn't but as some stats what i heard yesterday until JJP knocked on Havens completed sets were 100% and for the first half Matty running from POTB and making 10 meteres was 0. So yes you keep thinking you were just poor but look at stats and Havens game plan was the difference. You say knock ons under your own sticks, does that mean we were poor when you got your 2nd try? We done the same. The first town try came from a 40/20 and shocking Haven defence but again does that make us poor? No.

During Towns run of 7 games winning streak never once would i say we were poor there was a few we were unlucky but at the end of the day we lost and the better team won. Now just accept that move on and think about your next 6 games

#86 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

Well looks like Flynn won't get back in the Widnes squad after this performance.But all players have bad days at the office.Flynn is well known for his defence mistakes and that is why gets dropped. Usually safe under a high ball and can score tries the lad.He can also be good at gaining hard yards for a team.

#87 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

CumbrianFan makes a good point in that as an opposition we are a very easy team to coach against . We have a set and rigid plan of muscling up the guts and scooting off the back off it , and only looking dangerous in attack off our forward roll . Then we bring more grunt on to do exactly the same thing . Nullify that and we are pretty toothless when we don't bully the other pack . We do struggle for other plans than the established one , and in this league there'll be many a day when the packs are more than matching yours . Then what ?

#88 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

This is what i don't get. Some Town fans are just bitter and twisted, yes we also have them but surely you must realise yesterday you were just outplayed nothing else. How many times on your 7-0 roll did we say we never turned up and you couldn't accept that. At the end of the day whether you're pish poor or the best team in the world whatever the score after 80 minutes is all that counts. You lose, then you accept it, you win and you win because you're better on the day.

If you all watched the game you would of seen your usual game plan of bullying up the middle with Matty to feed of wasn't happening as Woods knew that's all Town have so he put in place a plan to counter attack that and it worked brilliantly, it's not you were poor it's we made you look poor as you couldn't do what your plan was set out.

But again to those fans who talk sense and aren't bitter good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully we will both see each other again next year in at least 3 derby games :)

You are right in what you say but I'm not having it for one minute that all the Haven fans took it on the chin for the last 7 defeats. Some of them blamed anything they could rather than admit they were second best. When we were in front yesterday the Haven fans behind us were blaming everything but the fact that Town had played well for ten minutes, even to the point that they claimed it was never a 40/20 and a forward pass for the try.

Every team has the fans you talk about including the mighty Haven.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#89 CumbrianFan12

CumbrianFan12
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

CumbrianFan makes a good point in that as an opposition we are a very easy team to coach against . We have a set and rigid plan of muscling up the guts and scooting off the back off it , and only looking dangerous in attack off our forward roll . Then we bring more grunt on to do exactly the same thing . Nullify that and we are pretty toothless when we don't bully the other pack . We do struggle for other plans than the established one , and in this league there'll be many a day when the packs are more than matching yours . Then what ?

It's just a shame all fans don't see it that game plans can nullify a team and win games. Us against Sheffield we made sure every last tackle ball left play so they couldn't run at us. Normally against town we do the same but yesterday quite a lot once Carter was on we made sure the ball went dead so he couldn't run we let him get it once and he played in your winger who went and scored. We're lucky we had the Saints lads as there's no way our usual pack would stand up like they did yesterday Clough was the difference and people who say Acton is good, he was rubbish Clough showed what a good prop is. Think your main struggle is of the back of Matty you have nothing, your half backs yesterday were very poor, no organisation nothing, once the plan of running up the middle never worked you just seem like there's nothing else any of the players know.

Voodoo, of course Haven fans make ###### up about defeat but look at your fans now they're the same. We all have them and if only they watched the game they'd realise that out on the park there's no excuses what so ever, you win lose or draw and that's the end of it.

All fans should be getting together in Cumbria, getting along and show the stupid RFL that we are a force to be reckoned with. I for one don't want you relegated like many Haven fans, but i'm sure there's only a select few Town fans who will congratulate us on winning and practically confirm our status next year. Rugby league in Cumbria needs us both in this division and we need each other one of us get relegated and there's only one thing happening that many don't want

#90 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

As I say , you've just gotta suck it up . When you have our 17 and don't even come close to getting the job done , and are supposedly ' out enthused ' as well , there's no one to look at but yourselves on the paddock , and you're off field planning beforehand . And to put your hand up and say credit to the opposition , then move on and right the wrongs . All you can do is move on and learn .

#91 CumbrianFan12

CumbrianFan12
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

As I say , you've just gotta suck it up . When you have our 17 and don't even come close to getting the job done , and are supposedly ' out enthused ' as well , there's no one to look at but yourselves on the paddock , and you're off field planning beforehand . And to put your hand up and say credit to the opposition , then move on and right the wrongs . All you can do is move on and learn .

I think even a few of your players thought it would be a walk in the park as they were saying that prior to the match they'd of took Town from scratch to win easily. But on the day Whitehaven turned up, stuck to the game plan and won the game.

Think you'll struggle in the next few games if you try the same plan or drive up the middle as the top teams also have good packs. Think you need a old head in the halves like we have Rooney and let them dictate things rather than rely on all your forwards.

As a Haven fan to a Town fan, what is it with Carter? Every tackle he makes he goes in with the head on the floor, pushes hand in etc and hates it when people stand up to him yet when it's the other way around he throws his toys out of the pram? Does he just think he's better than he is and has a big ego?

#92 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

I dunno , that's to black and white . He's a fine player and very committed but I've never thought him as you describe . He plays physical and can be a match winner . But the type of player he is and his level of involvement means sometimes it doesn't work for him and he can get frustrated , but no more than any other player of his ilk . Town fans wouldn't swap him or criticise him because he leaves everything out on the paddock regardless .

#93 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

i dont think you can complain about carter when every tackle doran is 4th man in getting his digs in, then starts with acton, then lets be honest,###### himself when acton reacted to him. he never took a ball in after that. his bottom fell out, simple as that.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#94 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

And I'm sorry but Acton is good , very good . You can't judge all the town players on what you saw yesterday and make sweeping conclusions .

#95 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

Is it over yet ?? What are the odds on a play off meeting !

#96 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

No chance of us playing each other in the play offs 6th 7th or 8th we'll both play away to one of the top teams and probably fall at first hurdle

#97 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

And I'm sorry but Acton is good , very good . You can't judge all the town players on what you saw yesterday and make sweeping conclusions .

agreed. We have beaten better teams than shaven. Yesterday was just one of them things.

#98 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

Is it not 5/8 & 6/7 rd 1 ?

#99 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

Acton is miles betten then bell boy doran he ###### him sell when acton stood at marker like a bull n your right the last 5 mins he never took a ball in at all explains it all doran u are a ###### bag

#100 CumbrianFan12

CumbrianFan12
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

Acton is miles betten then bell boy doran he ###### him sell when acton stood at marker like a bull n your right the last 5 mins he never took a ball in at all explains it all doran u are a ###### bag

You say hes a big hard lad yet who backed down and walked away when Clough went and confronted him at the end? Certainly wasn't Clough crapping himself. As for Doran, been a captain you lead by example and what he did was right with how long was left! Why give your opposition a chance by getting sent of for levelling someone? As i said and will keep saying Town normally play and win by being thugs and battering people down the middle yesterday that didn't happen and Haven battered you down the middle by sticking to a game plan and Acton was trying to cause things to turn the tide but unfortunately for you his big ideas got him nowhere, and the frustration of not been the big brutes you have seen the past 7 games against us showed when Karl got sent of for punching someone on the ground

Edited by CumbrianFan12, 24 June 2013 - 02:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users