Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

haven away reaction

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

#101 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Then that shows how he's maturing . He's had many discipline problems from being to hard and up for it ... So he was disciplined , good on him and walked away . For Acton that's good and he used his brain . Believe me he is big and tough and doesn't walk away through cowardice - dear me he loves cage fighting ! Anyone who questions Actons aggression , talent or toughness hasn't a clue

#102 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

You say hes a big hard lad yet who backed down and walked away when Clough went and confronted him at the end? Certainly wasn't Clough crapping himself. As for Doran, been a captain you lead by example and what he did was right with how long was left! Why give your opposition a chance by getting sent of for levelling someone? As i said and will keep saying Town normally play and win by being thugs and battering people down the middle yesterday that didn't happen and Haven battered you down the middle by sticking to a game plan and Acton was trying to cause things to turn the tide but unfortunately for you his big ideas got him nowhere, and the frustration of not been the big brutes you have seen the past 7 games against us showed when Karl got sent of for punching someone on the ground

tell someone who gives a dirt
bluewhitearmy

#103 CumbrianFan12

CumbrianFan12
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

tell someone who gives a dirt

I'm not telling you! You're just a deluded Town fan who think there team are all world beaters and best in the world! I'm talking to the Town fans who talk sense such as David you should look what he posts its all constructive. Acton did that's what i was saying David, he tried to cause something but clearly picked the wrong person to try it with, maybe going after Clough then Clough might of done something and that could of caused a turning point! Think Olstrum could do with channeling his anger, really good player just looses his head way to easy, if he could sort that out and transfer all into his game he would be an asset to any club. Very suprised with Thackray reading your fans views at the start of the year he would be brilliant and this and that, yesterday he didn't look up to much, i know i've only seen haven town games so can't comment but defo wouldn't want him in Havens team from what i've seen

#104 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

Thacks is finished now in my opinion. Far to lightweight to be a prop in this league. Would be surprised if he's here next year.

#105 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

I remember watching Saints weeks n weeks ago and wondering where Clough was . They were decimated with injuries to . But this is the Nathan Brown who didn't rate Lunt , played him at second row , and sent Gaskell to Salford before realising he had no halves !!

#106 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Thacks had been a marked man this year but he certainly looks over trimmed down and isn't as destructive in the collision . Need him rampaging for the big games ahead . To me Coward has outplayed the star props .

#107 CumbrianFan12

CumbrianFan12
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

I remember watching Saints weeks n weeks ago and wondering where Clough was . They were decimated with injuries to . But this is the Nathan Brown who didn't rate Lunt , played him at second row , and sent Gaskell to Salford before realising he had no halves !!

And look at Lunt now, Nathan Brown is yockless. Clough and Swift to real ones for the future. Pretty poor that Widnes don't have the same quality to give to you

#108 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

I'm not telling you! You're just a deluded Town fan who think there team are all world beaters and best in the world! I'm talking to the Town fans who talk sense such as David you should look what he posts its all constructive. Acton did that's what i was saying David, he tried to cause something but clearly picked the wrong person to try it with, maybe going after Clough then Clough might of done something and that could of caused a turning point! Think Olstrum could do with channeling his anger, really good player just looses his head way to easy, if he could sort that out and transfer all into his game he would be an asset to any club. Very suprised with Thackray reading your fans views at the start of the year he would be brilliant and this and that, yesterday he didn't look up to much, i know i've only seen haven town games so can't comment but defo wouldn't want him in Havens team from what i've seen

zzzzzzzzzzz. Ok we have all heard you marra. Toddle off and enjoy your five minutes of fame your beginning to sound boring now.
Yes best team on the "day" won. Move on

Edited by town4me, 24 June 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#109 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Wednesday July 31 for Sheffield away ... Between Batley away and Fev match !!!

#110 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

I repeat tell someone who gives a dirt
bluewhitearmy

#111 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

To be fair I was impressed with haven yesterday - they deserved their win and good luck to them being able to bring in players of cloughs quality - I think haven only made 2 mistakes in 80 minutes yesterday which is to be commended - final score of 29-18 ? To think for how bad town played on the day to how good haven played (probably the best they have all season) it came down to one guys 10 points which he single handedly gave away which was the difference between the sides ...

#112 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,770 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

So let's get this right.   Doran pushes Acton, Acton pushes Doran, who then pleads with the ref for a penalty he thought he had got but had to play the ball instead.   The two go down to play the ball and Acton stares Doran out and he backs off, which brought a bit of laughter from even Haven fans.   Late in a general melee, Acton is trying to get to where the action is and Clough, with two other Haven players in attendance as well face up to him.   And from all that we have to accept that Acton was a frightened little soul and Doran was very clever not to get involved and get sent off.    I wonder if Acton was trying to get sent off then?     So much absolute garbage is talked over these incidents and quite often they are not at all what they look like from a distance.

I agree about the gameplans because we have said it often enough when we get beat that we didn't have a Plan B or C.    It didn't help us not having Lupton on the field for such a long period and it left young Phillips too much on his own and he was a marked man yesterday right from the first set of 6. The difference between both teams yesterday was the quality of the DR players.    Swift and Clough were Haven's stand out players by a country mile whereas Flynn had a mare of a game and young Craven was still finding his feet with us as he had only previously had 40 minutes with the Town lads.    Carter and Olstrum both add a bit of mongrel to our team and when a Haven fan near me yesterday was shouting for the Haven lads to "knock his head off", about Olstrum, I said the same lad will come back again though he agreed and said Haven would like him in their side.    One big disappointment again was the abuse that Matty still gets from some, "mercenary", "judas", "kill the ####" were three shouts I heard when Matty had the ball, so we don't need Haven fans coming on here preaching about their fans being righteous because they were definitely not.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#113 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

To be fair I was impressed with haven yesterday - they deserved their win and good luck to them being able to bring in players of cloughs quality - I think haven only made 2 mistakes in 80 minutes yesterday which is to be commended - final score of 29-18 ? To think for how bad town played on the day to how good haven played (probably the best they have all season) it came down to one guys 10 points which he single handedly gave away which was the difference between the sides ...

how do you know thats the best haven have played all season?? Hmmmmmmm

#114 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

Doran is a coward which is something he proves time and time again and bottled it when Acton stood up to him. If Clough approached Acton AFTER the game and he wanted nothing to do with it isn't cowardice it's being sensible. For Clough to approach him after the game is dispicable if that was the case. The whole haven team are softies and if Towns forwards had have been up for it like on previous occasions they'd have bullied them into submission again - but they weren't and they didn't.
Have fans don't like carter or Olstrom because of their ability and effort every time they play. And they dislike Carter because he's got more balls than the rest of the Have backs put together.
None of the above is circumstantial it's ALL FACT unless someone wants to disagree.

Edited by GeordieTownie, 24 June 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#115 Ruby

Ruby
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Doran is a coward which is something he proves time and time again and bottled it when Acton stood up to him. If Clough approached Acton AFTER the game and he wanted nothing to do with it isn't cowardice it's being sensible. For Clough to approach him after the game is dispicable if that was the case. The whole haven team are softies and if Towns forwards had have been up for it like on previous occasions they'd have bullied them into submission again - but they weren't and they didn't.
Have fans don't like carter or Olstrom because of their ability and effort every time they play. And they dislike Carter because he's got more balls than the rest of the Have backs put together.
None of the above is circumstantial it's ALL FACT unless someone wants to disagree.

And you call Haven fans deluded.

#116 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Unless Carter is extraordinary, he will have 2 balls like all the others, for once Haven were the better team. I went yesterday expecting another defeat, but for only the second time this season, we played to plan for almost 80 mins. ( the other been Sheffield at home). I am sure unlike on here, were hostilities never die down, the players would have been having a drink together in the bar.

I would love to see Olstrum in the Haven team, he did play for our A Team I'm sure, the lad is talented, reminds a bit of Jacko, just needs to remember to reign in that over aggression, that gets him in trouble.

HW

#117 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

well ive had nice little pm from a guy called 'back to one', he also mentioned you keith t, i think it went something like were both wa@#$^*. nice soul, not sure why he had to send a pm when he could have just posted on here. he also said we support a s#^/ team. as i say, hes a nice fella.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#118 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

well ive had nice little pm from a guy called 'back to one', he also mentioned you keith t, i think it went something like were both wa@#$^*. nice soul, not sure why he had to send a pm when he could have just posted on here. he also said we support a s#^/ team. as i say, hes a nice fella.

yeah I got a PM from him wonky wanting to meet up lol

#119 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

And you call Haven fans deluded.

thats because you are.

#120 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

There all out in force tonight, as I said how come they never done this the previous 7 games??
bluewhitearmy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users