RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RFL apology to Hull KR for referee cock up sets the wrong precedent and not fare on other clubs

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Watched the Catalan V Hull KR game yesterday and witnessed 2 tries disallowed for Catalan which were legitimate and one try awarded to KR which was dubious. London Broncos have already compiled stats which confirm that London and Catalan don't get the rub of the green with regards to refereeing decisions.

Now where is the apology furore, uproar and apology to Catalan for wrong video ref call?

Has anyone seen a statement from Neil Hudgell criticising the referees performance yesterday? Maybe I missed it.

Now someone tell me why should Hull KR get an apology from the RFL and other clubs not, are they more important? Or is this another example of bias towards the northern teams.

#2 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,394 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

Tend to agree. If the Dragons have any sense, they'll kick up a fuss and make sure they get their ledger settled by the end of the season.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#3 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

PMSL. And todays winner of the pointless thread goes to......

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

Whilst I have some sympathy with the OP, stats simply do not tell whether a side has the "rub of the green" or not.

They may show that one side has been awarded more penalties than their opponents but that penalty count may well be justified.

If it happens week in week out, then a side needs to take a look at their indiscipline.

Catalans certainly seem to play a more robust game than I normally witness in SL so perhaps this is the root of it. May explain while there was two or three sets of "handbags" early on in yesterday's game. Can't speak for London much as I've not seen a great deal of them recently.

I certainly don't think it can be argued that the chairman and coach of our friends over in East Hull have a tendency to grumble a fair bit more than their peers, of that there is surely little doubt.

Hull-FC-V10-e1380711301940.jpg         HULL NOT VERY PROUD

"You're not City anymore!"

(The chant of opposition fans to Hull Tigers' supporters this season)

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,502 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

I tend to agree with the OP.

Just because one wrong decision was more blatant that another shouldn't dictate whether an apology is forthcoming.

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Just noticed this quote from South Wakefield Sharks on the Wakey v London thread....

"London were shocking. Gave us loads of penalties."

#7 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

There are many controversial decisions in the game every week, and you always  get fans arguing either way on them. The Ganson  decision was just a joke , and as i remember he said he wasn't even watching the right player.

I assume  these decisions we are now referring too the Video ref was watching the correct footage, If there was a apology for every wrong decision, they would be endless. The HKR one was so bad it was a joke, i have only seen one as bad before , funnily enough it was by Ganson  at Cardiff, assisted by a certain Mr Kline, What a team they were.

• Brigg Rover likes this
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#8 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

I never understood what there was to apologise about in the first place.

hullthursday_zpsa8836b84.jpg

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

Quite right.

#10 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Steve Ganson obviously  did

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 11,643 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Steve Ganson obviously  did

Clearly another error of judgement from him then.

#12 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Clearly another error of judgement from him then.

He's good at them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users