Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Poor result

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Again we lose at London 16-32 - a last minute try denying us a bonus point.

"....defence; something later we found out Talbot had been working with the boys at training. Talbot has his Hornets in good shape going into Sunday's game"

Seems a lot more work is needed, as it has most of the season, particularly in time for next week and hopefully for the remainder of the season.

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

I think Skolars will turn a few sides over this season. They're a decent side. 

#3 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

We drop into third, undoing all the decent foundations that had been laid this last few weeks. Letting Skolars score in injury time was a huge kick in the teeth. 10 points down after 8 minutes. When is the concentration levels of tge players going to get addressed? Start dropping the culprits I say. I fear for us next week. Cru don't mess about & we for long periods of games certainly do.

As much as I hate not cheering the lads on, I doubt I will now be going to Wrexham. It's £50 I could do with keeping.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#4 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

We drop into third, undoing all the decent foundations that had been laid this last few weeks. Letting Skolars score in injury time was a huge kick in the teeth. 10 points down after 8 minutes. When is the concentration levels of tge players going to get addressed? Start dropping the culprits I say. I fear for us next week. Cru don't mess about & we for long periods of games certainly do.

As much as I hate not cheering the lads on, I doubt I will now be going to Wrexham. It's £50 I could do with keeping

That's a poor attitude Phil, you should support the team through thick and thin. NWC is good away trip, some good beer in The Turf pub outside the Ground.  London are a tough team to beat down there, and the long journey will have taken its toll on your team. Last week, we played at South Wales, went 16-0 down in 15 mins, but won on the 80th min. The lads said the 4 hour or so journey had an affect on them. There are no easy games in this Division, Hemel have given us a tough game this afternoon, after they beat NWC last Sunday.  Your boys will get a lift on the away supporters being there. Our lads love chatting to us after the match at away games.

The time to feel despondent is the GF when you've missed out on promotion to the Yeds. So chin up, support your boys and keep saying up the Hornets, or in my case, up the Yeds.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

That's a poor attitude Phil, you should support the team through thick and thin. NWC is good away trip, some good beer in The Turf pub outside the Ground.  London are a tough team to beat down there, and the long journey will have taken its toll on your team. Last week, we played at South Wales, went 16-0 down in 15 mins, but won on the 80th min. The lads said the 4 hour or so journey had an affect on them. There are no easy games in this Division, Hemel have given us a tough game this afternoon, after they beat NWC last Sunday.  Your boys will get a lift on the away supporters being there. Our lads love chatting to us after the match at away games.

The time to feel despondent is the GF when you've missed out on promotion to the Yeds. So chin up, support your boys and keep saying up the Hornets, or in my case, up the Yeds.

..Well said.  The Crusaders fans always welcome away fans to the Racecouse and would expect the Hornets to bring a decent amount of support. Don't despair, come to Wrexham and support your team. I am sure it will be a closely contested game and you'd probably regret not going to see two great teams playing their hearts out 

#6 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

Didnt seem to be a game plan.With our previous 3 losses you would expect us to keep it tight,complete,and minimum penalties. Instead our discipline was awfull, kicking game ordinary, no 40-20s in a gale force wind.Best team won, Skolars fans delighted.Neither were Skolars too proud to take 2 points when offered. At 10-10 we could have got in front and stayed there.We need to be much more smart. 

Very disappointing.

#7 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

That result yesterday was crucial in terms of the whole league closing up. It now makes things tricky for us.

#8 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

As much as I hate not cheering the lads on, I doubt I will now be going to Wrexham. It's £50 I could do with keeping.

you should go, why? Cos you're gonna win. Here's my prediction for the season Roughyeds win cc1 by one point. We'll win every game. Crusaders will lose two more, one to us and one to you. So we need you to win against them and we need you to support your lads to give them encouragement. If you lose it makes it more difficult for us. So go.

#9 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

With Oldham and Oxford very likely to win against Gateshead and Gloucester, a loss to Cru would put us 4th. If Hemel beat Scorpions away then 5th.So we really must have maximum support at Wrexham.And hope yesterday was a blip.

#10 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

With injuries stacking up and Duel Registration not working is it time that the Board looked at properly strengthening the squad

#11 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

With injuries stacking up and Duel Registration not working is it time that the Board looked at properly strengthening the squad

Fairly certain that's the job of the coach.

1 loss after a run of wins and some of you want to just give up. I don't get it. Go to Wrexham and shout your lungs out. Wins are vital, and you can't expect your lads to put in an effort, if you don't.

It has to be said there could be a better effort from the board to get to away games too.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#12 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

you should go, why? Cos you're gonna win. Here's my prediction for the season Roughyeds win cc1 by one point. We'll win every game. Crusaders will lose two more, one to us and one to you. So we need you to win against them and we need you to support your lads to give them encouragement. If you lose it makes it more difficult for us. So go.

I bet the bookies in Oldham will be rubbing their hands together knowing there's a bloke wandering the streets of the town with money in his pocket a that outlook on life! I hope your wife reads this before you put all the food money on the Biffos to win the league!!

Do you want to buy Tower Bridge mate?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#13 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

I bet the bookies in Oldham will be rubbing their hands together knowing there's a bloke wandering the streets of the town with money in his pocket a that outlook on life! I hope your wife reads this before you put all the food money on the Biffos to win the league!!

Do you want to buy Tower Bridge mate?

Pugwash.

easy way to ruin my prediction, lose to crusaders, simple. It's then over for both of our teams.

#14 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

By the way has anyone noticed that after a disappointing result there's an appearance by Lakeside with his/her usual board-bashing agenda? You rarely hear from him/her after a good result though?!?!?

Same old same old.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#15 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

By the way has anyone noticed that after a disappointing result there's an appearance by Lakeside with his/her usual board-bashing agenda? You rarely hear from him/her after a good result though?!?!?

Same old same old.

Pugwash.

You sound like a bit of an internet stalker jeepers.

#16 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Getting lambasted for my knee jerk not going

With Oldham and Oxford very likely to win against Gateshead and Gloucester, a loss to Cru would put us 4th. If Hemel beat Scorpions away then 5th.So we really must have maximum support at Wrexham.And hope yesterday was a blip.

Rightly so im getting lambasted for my "not going Cru" remark, but Mick must be a mind reader, i feel not getting the bonus point could be a huge turning point in our season. North Wales will be fired up for sure on Sunday after the Budget v Bravery comment went down like a fart on the Oldham away bus! Mick has spotted the possible scenario, which i was looking at yesterday. A win at Skolars could of given us that breathing space until our run of home games.

Ive got a feeling the Oldham derby at Spotland could be a huge game in securing a decent playoff spot. And it would be nice to put some points on Oxford when they arrive at Spotland. If we wint picking bonus points up, we need to be out scoring the opposition when we get the chance.

And by the way im still gutted about yesterdays result. Just calmed down a little bit.

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#17 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Coming off the back of a winning sequence, a window of opportunity with NWC's loss to Hemel and with the stakes set high, the big disappointments were the errors/capitulation.  Gateshead put 50 on London despite losing!   As MH says, the situation called for a tight, disciplined game plan and to secure at least a bonus point.  I can only hope that the coach/team respond positively to this set back, get the defence working for the whole game as we shall get no favours from our next two away opponents.  Roughyeds and Hemel have proved that NWC can be taken on and let's hope that we match their approach.  I think we need min. 4 points from the next two games to set up the run-in.  Oxford and Roughyeds will be difficult homers unless the shortcomings are addressed.  Calland's experience and at Championship level (where he will wish to be with us next year) should be of great use to Talbot in this great promotion opportunity.  Certainly, we do not wish an away play-off spot at London and another season in C1 with two stronger teams relegated!

#18 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

I think we are all pretty gutted by the Scolars result after our recent perfomances especially the players and coaching staff, we appear to have both the Scolars and Scorpions as our away day blues.

I'm sure, though, that if you were given the current status of played six and won four at this stage of the season you would have grabbed at that at the start of season.

We just need to continue with our loyal support both home and away and hopefully the right results will come.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#19 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

I predict Crusaders will win the league and NOT lose any further matches.  You guys can fight it out for the play-off places. 

Fillipo,  Looing forward to you coming to Wrexham with your £50 to enjoy your day out, support your team, have a beer or two, join us in the Turf. It will be close but Cru will win.

#20 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

You have lost the plot Cru's. Oldham stuffed you but you escaped, Stags picked up the reward and Hornets will have a field day. Come on you Hairnets. Engerrrrland !!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users