Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Poor result

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 836 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

I predict Crusaders will win the league and NOT lose any further matches.  You guys can fight it out for the play-off places. 

Fillipo,  Looing forward to you coming to Wrexham with your £50 to enjoy your day out, support your team, have a beer or two, join us in the Turf. It will be close but Cru will win.

i fancy them at new river on the eve of the CC. bring it on!

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#22 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 392 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

Went on the train,2hrs 9 min from Piccadilly to Euston,smooth as silk and 4 minutes early.£77 return and £6 on the tube.

£15 more for 1st class.We should send the players on the train, and send the gear in a van.Skolars use Virgin,We might get a deal.Can't be much more expensive than the Executive coach. And cheaper than an overnight stay.

Every half hour from Picadilly, left at 11-15 and reached Skolars at 2.

#23 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

I think that we need to be realistic. Our defence is nowhere near good enough. Even against what we perceive to be lesser teams we concede soft tries.

Other aspects of our play are very predictable. We always play the same kick off and restart. Our attacking play again looks predictable with the long wide ball nearly being intercepted every game.

We will certainly have to front up at NWC or it could be a very bad result for us and coupled with other results we could drop to mid table.

Another season in this division is unthinkable.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#24 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

You have lost the plot Cru's. Oldham stuffed you but you escaped, Stags picked up the reward and Hornets will have a field day. Come on you Hairnets. Engerrrrland !!!!!!!

Lost the plot????  I think you'll find the result in League Express and the RFL website will confirm we beat Oldham - not our greatest game admittedly but as they say "a win is a win".  Stags are the ONLY team at our level to beat us this year and we were full of praise for the Stags who deserved their win.  Many of your other posters don't appear as confident as you Tosh; but I sincerely hope you enjoy your trip to Wrexham., I am sure you'll bring a decent crowd and add to the electric atmosphere at the Racecourse. Grab a pint in the Turf - you will be made most welcome. I predict a very close game but Crusaders will beat you - just.

#25 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

i fancy them at new river on the eve of the CC. bring it on!

Crusaders got a hiding there last year but I cant see that happening again, but it will  another close call.  I think Crusaders will win but whatever the result a good crowd of us are coming over for the game, the beer festival and the CC final!! Prepare for a Welsh theme to the day!!

#26 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

I think that we need to be realistic. Our defence is nowhere near good enough. Even against what we perceive to be lesser teams we concede soft tries.
Other aspects of our play are very predictable. We always play the same kick off and restart. Our attacking play again looks predictable with the long wide ball nearly being intercepted every game.
We will certainly have to front up at NWC or it could be a very bad result for us and coupled with other results we could drop to mid table.
Another season in this division is unthinkable.

Surely the coach has questions to answer regarding performances

#27 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

How involved is Matt Calland?  Given his position next season and particularly with his vast experience at this level with Halifax, I would have him in charge for the run-in.  We need to wise up to what's at stake and get street-wise especially in defence. We are still third - do not blow this opportunity.

#28 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

If I'm not mistaken Matt won the Grand Final with Halifax in a higher division.

#29 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

the u20s are hardly pullin up any trees are they

#30 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

the u20s are hardly pullin up any trees are they

Player availability probably drives that, I believe the first team panel at the weekend is a large one with many players not getting a game that could have played for the 20's

#31 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

more like players goin elsewhere because of the way the reserves are run ,the games I have been to matt calland has been on his own in one game he had to ask a member of the crowd to run on with the kicking tee and the water ( Oldham away early in the season ) no kitman, no phsyio, no 1st team coach watching ,no chance of a player being called up to the 1st team so they leave that's why theres a lot of different names every week .players make themselves unavailable

#32 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

more like players goin elsewhere because of the way the reserves are run ,the games I have been to matt calland has been on his own in one game he had to ask a member of the crowd to run on with the kicking tee and the water ( Oldham away early in the season ) no kitman, no phsyio, no 1st team coach watching ,no chance of a player being called up to the 1st team so they leave that's why theres a lot of different names every week .players make themselves unavailable

Fair enough. Looks like the odds are stacked against Matt there. He maybe able to drag the odd body in from Mayfield to help out

#33 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

I was at that game to, the person coming on with the kicking tee and water was Ryan Bradley CEO,there was a physio there to.Although the first team coach was not at that match he has been at a lot of the others.Matt is head of youth development and assistant first team coach so I wouldn't have thought that the head coach had to be at every match.If a player really stood out I would expect him to get a chance if the coaches were sure he was ready.If players leave because they are not assured of a place in the team then they are not yet ready for this level and need to go back to their community clubs.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#34 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

the lad carrying the water might have been the ceo ,however he paid his way in in front of me just as the players were taking the field we were stood on the corner and mr caland saw him and came over and asked him would he help him out . the physio arrived late because he had gone to spotland when the game was being played at whitebank . All im saying is the reserves do not look like a team representing a semi professional rugby league team they look anything but that and that isprobably out of matt callands hands

#35 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

the lad carrying the water might have been the ceo ,however he paid his way in in front of me just as the players were taking the field we were stood on the corner and mr caland saw him and came over and asked him would he help him out . the physio arrived late because he had gone to spotland when the game was being played at whitebank . All im saying is the reserves do not look like a team representing a semi professional rugby league team they look anything but that and that isprobably out of matt callands hands

Well lets hope that Matt gets the chance to address these issues with the board

#36 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

totally agree lakeside

#37 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

Is it not a good thing that the CEO who brought equipment over in his car paid to get in,Ryan has also took the lead at U20s matches when Matt was not available.If the physio went to Spotland maybe he was also picking up equipment,but was there for the match.Yes not every things perfect but at the moment Hornets do have an U20s and bringing players into the club hopefully some will make it to first team level.

Edited by boro hornet, 27 June 2013 - 12:10 PM.

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#38 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

You are wasting your time BH, these two are not the sort of 'fan' who will ever be happy whilst the club is a C0-Op, I think we all have our own ideas who they are but the forum rules forbid actually saying so.

As I pointed out before, these two are quick off the mark every time there is some bad news etc, but are significant only by their absence when things are looking good! It wasn't too long ago the Pooing Dog, Mark Wynn and I were jointly blamed for the bad result at Neath and seemingly for the unfortunate puncture that Lakeside got on his/her way home.

These two have serious issues with Mark Wynn along with several other people at the club and won't be really happy until we go back to the old ways which depended upon a few people holding all the shares and making all the decisions. This method of running the club didn't work, that is so obvious a blind man galloping past on a donkey could see it.

The important point about how the club is now run is that everyone can have a say. Membership is not expensive although there are different packages but everyone should be able to afford £20 to have a vote. If anything happens that you don't like, the Dual Registration thing for instance, then get yourself and your supporters and make your views known at a meeting. Directors can be voted in and out if they don't do a good job. If any group want to take the club in a different direction then get enough people behind you and make the proposal at the next meeting. Get yourself put forward as a candidate for the board and argue from within instead of shouting from the periphery all the time.

It's that simple!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#39 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

I havnt got a clue what your on about pugwash.

however I have noticed on this forum that there is a thread regarding the match official for sunday and no doubt if the result isn't the right one well it must be his fault

#40 hornetsexile

hornetsexile
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

How typically patronising of Pugwash to say " that everyone should be able to afford £20 to vote "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users