Poor result

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

I havnt got a clue what your on about pugwash.

however I have noticed on this forum that there is a thread regarding the match official for sunday and no doubt if the result isn't the right one well it must be his fault

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#42 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

You know what I'm on about OK!

I never blame the referee, I usually defend them if you want to know the truth, somehow I doubt you do though!

s for Hornetsexile accusing me of being patronizing, £20 is less than 6p/day, if you care enough about your club to want to change things then I think it's in everybody's power to fid the money!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#43 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

You are wasting your time BH, these two are not the sort of 'fan' who will ever be happy whilst the club is a C0-Op, I think we all have our own ideas who they are but the forum rules forbid actually saying so.

As I pointed out before, these two are quick off the mark every time there is some bad news etc, but are significant only by their absence when things are looking good! It wasn't too long ago the Pooing Dog, Mark Wynn and I were jointly blamed for the bad result at Neath and seemingly for the unfortunate puncture that Lakeside got on his/her way home.

These two have serious issues with Mark Wynn along with several other people at the club and won't be really happy until we go back to the old ways which depended upon a few people holding all the shares and making all the decisions. This method of running the club didn't work, that is so obvious a blind man galloping past on a donkey could see it.

The important point about how the club is now run is that everyone can have a say. Membership is not expensive although there are different packages but everyone should be able to afford £20 to have a vote. If anything happens that you don't like, the Dual Registration thing for instance, then get yourself and your supporters and make your views known at a meeting. Directors can be voted in and out if they don't do a good job. If any group want to take the club in a different direction then get enough people behind you and make the proposal at the next meeting. Get yourself put forward as a candidate for the board and argue from within instead of shouting from the periphery all the time.

It's that simple!

Pugwash.

That makes three of us with issues with Mark Wynn

It's funny how every time someone criticises the current regime you draw a comparison to the old club and try to discredit the individuals who ran it of which two were family members of mine who backed it with thier own hard earned cash - grow up and stand on your own two feet without having to harp back face the facts on this current lot

For what it's worth the old club worked far better for long enough and brought many more good times and enjoyment to many more people than this set up ever will

This set up is geared towards certain individuals servicing thier own egos and making key decisions without ever having to back it up financially

Now bore off

Edited by Snoopy Loopy, 27 June 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#44 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

How typically patronising of Pugwash to say " that everyone should be able to afford £20 to vote "

I think he's on commission to sell memberships. The posts about having your say for £20 gets a regular airing monthly for the last few years.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#45 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 504 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

We have already established that members do not determine strategic direction of the club. The dual registration arrangement was introduced without discussion among membership (as was the original adoption of the Hornets RL name). Only after its introduction was it discussed at members meeting so the open discussion is limited to after the policy was introduced. In other words the rights of members in practice seem to be limited to overturning decisions already taken and implemented by the board independent of any discussion by members.

The continued implication that there are two classes of supporters members and others does nothing to improve attendance - everyone should be encouraged to attend games - whether they agree or disagree with the way the club is run. Id rather see 1000 folks at the game of which 800 cant stand the folks who run the place and are vocal about it than 650 who all love the leadership.

#46 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

OK, I'll give this one more go!

Look at this Co-Op era of Hornets as something which is evolving. The name thingy was something that was necessary, it had to be decided before there was a club, we had to have a name to play under and there was no membership to ask and had there been there wasn't enough time to go through the procedure anyway. Co-Op rules give certain time limits etc that must be abided by.

The dual Registration is something I know little about as due to ill health I've been unable to attend meetings for quite a while but I have an idea that the time constraints may have been a deciding factor in that as well, possibly.

There isn't a class system of supporter, never has been, everyone who comes to the game can sit where they like, they pay the same at the gate and for season tickets, programmes, Golden Gambles, everything. All are allowed to become members with certain age restrictions which are Co-Op rules not Hornets'. Membership starts at £20/season going up through the levels but the main factor is whatever level of membership you chose you only get ONE vote. That's DEMOCRACY!

As the club evolves from it's present fledgling status the members will become more and more in control of the course the club takes but there will always be certain decisions that the board may have to make AND justify to the members or risk being voted out of their post as director.

What is certain is that the players get their pay every month and all the bills are being paid, including the stadium rent on time. Surely, this is a good thing?

Snoopy always tries to say that I denigrate the past people who ran the club but this is just mischief making, I merely pointed out that the previous era was failing. It's obvious it was failing despite the work done by previous chairmen like Taylor, Reynolds and Vining. When these people were in charge I was a member of the Nest Egg and put money in monthly, took part in fund-raisers etc to try and make as much as we could for the club but it wasn't enough even though the Nest Egg put in excess of £30K. The model was not working and that is a fact!

I dare say the next few years will be the deciding factor as to how the club fares in the future, we need to grow a little or hopefully a lot every year and just make sure to follow this Co-Op model.

Some people will never embrace this club as it is, that's sad, really sad because we need everybody but we can't be held to ransom to get their support.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#47 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 984 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

We have already established that members do not determine strategic direction of the club. The dual registration arrangement was introduced without discussion among membership (as was the original adoption of the Hornets RL name). Only after its introduction was it discussed at members meeting so the open discussion is limited to after the policy was introduced. In other words the rights of members in practice seem to be limited to overturning decisions already taken and implemented by the board independent of any discussion by members.

The continued implication that there are two classes of supporters members and others does nothing to improve attendance - everyone should be encouraged to attend games - whether they agree or disagree with the way the club is run. Id rather see 1000 folks at the game of which 800 cant stand the folks who run the place and are vocal about it than 650 who all love the leadership.

Anita for pity's sake. If you don't want to be a member of the co-op then don't be, just turn up as one of the "800 that can't stand the folk who run the place" and have a a good moan about it. This is something you can do, you're not barred from doing so. And why shouldn't you? Most other fans of other clubs do this any way from Oldham to Batley to Keighly and beyond, it's normal.

That's what happened pre co-op days with Hornets, it's normal, fans moaned about the club, the board, pies, the kit and all manner of other subjects. But no matter how much they moaned and complained they could do virtually nothing about any it.

If you or anyone feels so strongly about the board as a whole or any individual board member then get rid of them. They are not invulnerable like board members of other clubs. Just do it ehh
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#48 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Anita for pity's sake. If you don't want to be a member of the co-op then don't be, just turn up as one of the "800 that can't stand the folk who run the place" and have a a good moan about it. This is something you can do, you're not barred from doing so. And why shouldn't you? Most other fans of other clubs do this any way from Oldham to Batley to Keighly and beyond, it's normal.

That's what happened pre co-op days with Hornets, it's normal, fans moaned about the club, the board, pies, the kit and all manner of other subjects. But no matter how much they moaned and complained they could do virtually nothing about any it.

If you or anyone feels so strongly about the board as a whole or any individual board member then get rid of them. They are not invulnerable like board members of other clubs. Just do it ehh

Very good post IMO

#49 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

I think he's on commission to sell memberships. The posts about having your say for £20 gets a regular airing monthly for the last few years.

Commission Phil? No just trying to get as many people as possible to join in with the fight for survival.

Since the Co-Op took over if truth be known I could have taken hundreds of pounds of commission from sales of programmes and Golden Gambles, but I along with all the other people who have helped me have taken not one red cent!

So please Phil don't judge others by your standards eh?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#50 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Commission Phil? No just trying to get as many people as possible to join in with the fight for survival.

Since the Co-Op took over if truth be known I could have taken hundreds of pounds of commission from sales of programmes and Golden Gambles, but I along with all the other people who have helped me have taken not one red cent!

So please Phil don't judge others by your standards eh?

Pugwash.

Nah Puggy just the merely pointing out the monthly push on the us and them memberships.

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#51 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'll start pushing it weekly from now on if it irks you that much

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#52 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

I'll start pushing it weekly from now on if it irks you that much

Pugwash.

Doesn't irk me, it's the us & them & the exclusive club tinge to it. Some of us support the club in various other ways, that need pushing just as much as membership
Phil Bull.

#53 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Doesn't irk me, it's the us & them & the exclusive club tinge to it. Some of us support the club in various other ways, that need pushing just as much as membership

That's OK by Phil, I support the club in as many ways as I can. I have the shirts, a season ticket, I'm in the Lottery, buy programmes and Golden Gambles and I push these as well. If you want to encourage people to do the sort of things you do let them know on here, I'm in if I can afford it!

The club is INCLUSIVE, that's the whole part of being a Co-Op, so if you can think of something the club isn't doing that it should get it out in the open it makes sense if we all pull together we'll get further, faster than if some pull one way and others pull another.

All I want is success for Rochdale Hornets, I'm sure we're brothers in arms on that eh?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#54 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

That's OK by Phil, I support the club in as many ways as I can. I have the shirts, a season ticket, I'm in the Lottery, buy programmes and Golden Gambles and I push these as well. If you want to encourage people to do the sort of things you do let them know on here, I'm in if I can afford it!

The club is INCLUSIVE, that's the whole part of being a Co-Op, so if you can think of something the club isn't doing that it should get it out in the open it makes sense if we all pull together we'll get further, faster than if some pull one way and others pull another.

All I want is success for Rochdale Hornets, I'm sure we're brothers in arms on that eh?

Pugwash.

I wont get as wound up as after the South Wales game but the question is Pugwash - Does the Co-op model actually / cant it work? With a few thousand members probably yes - with a few hundred probably no.

#55 Gregory

Gregory
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

The prices for Silver (£120), Gold (£240) and Platinum (£500) membership do seem rather extortionate. Surely even the most loyal supporter cannot afford these amounts. 

#56 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

£20 to attend a fans forum? Or you can't attend because you aren't a member. Tell me? Is that not us & them? Every person who pays to see the games are a stakeholder & deserve to be treated on a par.
Phil Bull.

#57 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

£20 to attend a fans forum? Or you can't attend because you aren't a member. Tell me? Is that not us & them? Every person who pays to see the games are a stakeholder & deserve to be treated on a par.

I think if you read the article carefully the £20 is for a standard membership not merely to attend the forum only

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#58 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

The prices for Silver (£120), Gold (£240) and Platinum (£500) membership do seem rather extortionate. Surely even the most loyal supporter cannot afford these amounts. 

I thnk you have to appreciate that these membership packages are keeping the club afloat so really they are not such extortionate figures. Even the £120 packages is only a couple of quid or so per week and yes, as a loyal supporter, I will continue to be at least a silver member.

Even if the club were situated in the current league table that the All Golds or Gateshead are I will continue to pay my membership and the reason is simple.

I want to continue to see a Rochdale Hornets in the RFL and secondly I wish to see them go from strength to strength...SIMPLES.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#59 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Beautifully put O4E. It is interesting to note that those who say they won't buy a membership are also those with the lowest signal to noise ratio.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#60 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

I think if you read the article carefully the £20 is for a standard membership not merely to attend the forum only

Basically it is. £20 to be a member right? I choose not to be a member. So as a stakeholder to attend the Q&A I will have to pay £20 to get in? That will make me a member? Am I right or am I wrong.
Phil Bull.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users