RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

today. dismal v swinton

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

what can i say about todays utter dismal performance

now 2nd from bottom league

let others say how they feel

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#2 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Division 1 beckons im afraid its as simple as that
  • BIG IAN likes this
chappy

#3 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

been saying the same since the away game @ workington got slagged off on coach for being realistic about how hunslet has a team play well its even more clear to see now we are going down. need miracle to stay up
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#4 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

Still got to travel to barrow too. What happened today?

#5 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

i looked at team sheet and said we have lost.no pace,backs were shocking.without duel reg we had noone to score,but eatons tactics are from a coach who as no ideas.most important game of season so far and eaton proved he as brought nothing to this club.it will take a miracle for us to survive now and duel reg as let us down when we needed it most

#6 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

That's the problem with dual registration! You don't know from one week to the next which players you will have available for selection.Leeds have an injury crisis and Warrington don't..Not sure to what extent that would have influenced the result but that's how it goes under this system.

#7 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

We were terrible today and were well beaten! We all want 17 Hunslet players playing in our team and I'm afraid that's what's get served when you get it, take out the class of the Leeds players and we have the same squad that only managed 2 wins in 2012 and 3 wins in 2011 so what do we expect? Everyone blaming Barry, yet no one questions the players performances, he's not the one missing tackles, dropping the ball, throwing forwards passes? no one is as dissapointed than me today but when I take a step back and look at the facts, it's quite easy to see that without the Leeds players we should all fully expect us to be in the bottom 2, we have the lowest crowds in the league, we have the lowest budget in the league and we have no financial backer and are a supporter owned club, so as to be expected we will struggle with a squad of players that have won 9 games in 3 years of rugby! I'm gutted with today, but that's how i expected this season to be, especially when you think we played today without our first choice half backs! And as stated it wasn't log ago that we were bottom of the RFL, and a joke, getting thumped by London skolars, the fact we even are competing now inI this division for the 3rd year running is something to be proud of when you think that's clubs in our league spend 4 times what we do on playing budgets! Bad day today but I've seen so many worse days in the last 10 years, it's only last week everyone was saying how good the performance vs Halifax was. Lets get behind the team and go to Keighley in our numbers and support the team!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#8 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

We were terrible today and were well beaten! We all want 17 Hunslet players playing in our team and I'm afraid that's what's get served when you get it, take out the class of the Leeds players and we have the same squad that only managed 2 wins in 2012 and 3 wins in 2011 so what do we expect? Everyone blaming Barry, yet no one questions the players performances, he's not the one missing tackles, dropping the ball, throwing forwards passes? no one is as dissapointed than me today but when I take a step back and look at the facts, it's quite easy to see that without the Leeds players we should all fully expect us to be in the bottom 2, we have the lowest crowds in the league, we have the lowest budget in the league and we have no financial backer and are a supporter owned club, so as to be expected we will struggle with a squad of players that have won 9 games in 3 years of rugby! I'm gutted with today, but that's how i expected this season to be, especially when you think we played today without our first choice half backs! And as stated it wasn't log ago that we were bottom of the RFL, and a joke, getting thumped by London skolars, the fact we even are competing now inI this division for the 3rd year running is something to be proud of when you think that's clubs in our league spend 4 times what we do on playing budgets! Bad day today but I've seen so many worse days in the last 10 years, it's only last week everyone was saying how good the performance vs Halifax was. Lets get behind the team and go to Keighley in our numbers and support the team!

The opposition today have been useless this season conçeeding heavily, don't give us this low budget rubbish,there was plenty of experience out there today but no formation.as u say not many wins under barry surely tells the story

#9 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

The problem wasn't missing the Leeds lads it was having a 6 & 7 that played no part in the game what so ever.

#10 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

after all the hype after the fax game DR players have nothing to do with this u are ur own club with ur own players ,i feared this might happen , i was right , now u have a battle on ur hands to stay in this division ,sorry but thats the reality,we can all including me talk a good game hunslet need to walk a good game, the drop waits if they dont get it together 

Edited by blackhawk, 23 June 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#11 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

If HIST haven't got the money then they should never have taken it on. It sounds brilliant to be owned by the supporters but this is reality. The club is not a toy. i hope the RFL abolish dual reg because it is not doing us any good now not knowing who is available week to week plus it hasn't been done as we were told it would be.as for Eaton I've been saying it for a while its time for a change but i fear it will be the rhinos who make the decision and a rhinos person who Will be our new coach

#12 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

If HIST haven't got the money then they should never have taken it on. It sounds brilliant to be owned by the supporters but this is reality. The club is not a toy. i hope the RFL abolish dual reg because it is not doing us any good now not knowing who is available week to week plus it hasn't been done as we were told it would be.as for Eaton I've been saying it for a while its time for a change but i fear it will be the rhinos who make the decision and a rhinos person who Will be our new coach

Why would Leeds make the decision on our coach? They wouldn't, full stop.

As for HIST not having any money, the club itself didn't and still doesn't have money to splash about, and I know for a fact we're better off now than we were before HIST came in. You're right it's not a toy, it's a business, and a business should not spend money it doesn't have.
  • Piggy's mate likes this

#13 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Alot of Hunslet supporters thought it was great getting DR players in but it upsets what you have. Certain players no they get dropped for the Leeds lads so do you think they will be really that bothered when they do play. You should of never gone down this route and built a team that belongs to Hunslet Don't know who you got left to play but its not over until the last match. so keep your chins up a few wins and your back out of the bottom and could be safe for next year. Good luck

#14 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

The problem wasn't missing the Leeds lads it was having a 6 & 7 that played no part in the game what so ever.

So having a quality 6 or 7 would have stopped us shipping in 36 points today?

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#15 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

The opposition today have been useless this season conçeeding heavily, don't give us this low budget rubbish,there was plenty of experience out there today but no formation.as u say not many wins under barry surely tells the story

Plenty of experiance dosnt mean your good enough, we have had the same "plenty of experience for 3 years yet have only manged 9 wins in that time both under Paul March & Barry Eaton, which would suggest the budget is everything, if you can only play a certain amount to attract a player then that's your limitation?

#16 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

It was either HIST or liquidation, and thats a fact, and by all means if you know a millionaire out there wanting to put hundreds of thousands in a season to make us compete, please send HIST his number.

#17 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

after all the hype after the fax game DR players have nothing to do with this u are ur own club with ur own players ,i feared this might happen , i was right , now u have a battle on ur hands to stay in this division ,sorry but thats the reality,we can all including me talk a good game hunslet need to walk a good game, the drop waits if they dont get it together

Donate the Wembley money Barry might get us stand off on loan for a month?

#18 Penola

Penola
  • 592 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Worst game in a long while

Edited by Penola, 23 June 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#19 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

So having a quality 6 or 7 would have stopped us shipping in 36 points today?

yes, with a good 6 & 7 the game would have been over after 20 mins when we spent all that time on their try line and came away with nothing.

#20 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

yes, with a good 6 & 7 the game would have been over after 20 mins when we spent all that time on their try line and came away with nothing.

No denying we are missing a quality 6&7 we have been all season, but the other 11 players still need to tackle, keep possesion & complete sets! You have to give you a chance to win games and today we didn't give us any chance, too many basic errors cost us, and we were as poor today as we were great against Fax last week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users