TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

today. dismal v swinton

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

Nobody is more fed up about today's result than me, or so I thought......
I was sat behind Eaton today, the pain on his face was clear to see and nobody wants it more than him. Then during the presentation the anguish was plain to see.

Megga poor performance today. Worst of the season and absolutely no idea how to score a try. To have six tackles to go in their 10 yards and not score is beyond me. Anyway I could write on here all night about it.

There were some stand out performers today though and they were the usual suspects.

I was in the upstairs bar after the game and was talking to the oldies they certainly had an opinion:

Kain had a belter in his new found position.
J Watson was faultless all game and saved xx number of tries.
Coyle dud well but was missing a partner.
Yates as always.

Think I need a bottle of beer

#22 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

To make matters worse, boys, Thomas Coyle was sat just in front of me today spectating at LSV !!  Chins up...

#23 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

To make matters worse, boys, Thomas Coyle was sat just in front of me today spectating at LSV !! Chins up...

Ok that's bad. But also good. If they are not going to play him then its likely we can have him back.

#24 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

We're all fed up tonight but tomorrow is another day. The difference this season from last is that I still think we can go to Keighley and get a win.

Micheal Haley's attitude was spot on in the Phoenix - we've lost, no time for moping, put it right at Keighley.

We need to stick together and see it through, there's still a lot of rugby to be played.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#25 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Nobody mentioned the opposition today

#26 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Why would Leeds make the decision on our coach? They wouldn't, full stop.

As for HIST not having any money, the club itself didn't and still doesn't have money to splash about, and I know for a fact we're better off now than we were before HIST came in. You're right it's not a toy, it's a business, and a business should not spend money it doesn't have.

WAINHOUSE or some other Leeds muppet will be our next coach IMO. HIST have done brilliant things off the pitch but on it we are shocking

#27 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Plenty of experiance dosnt mean your good enough, we have had the same "plenty of experience for 3 years yet have only manged 9 wins in that time both under Paul March & Barry Eaton, which would suggest the budget is everything, if you can only play a certain amount to attract a player then that's your limitation?

Then league 1 is where we will be next year and we will see how it goes with all the long trips.Who funds all the away trips in league 1 ? cant see Leeds doing duel reg with a team that plays at such a low level

#28 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

How did Haley do for you today as he always gave 100% at Fev and thought he would stand out at Hunslet with his strong go forward

#29 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

Then league 1 is where we will be next year and we will see how it goes with all the long trips.Who funds all the away trips in league 1 ? cant see Leeds doing duel reg with a team that plays at such a low level

Championship 1it may be next year, but the reality is, crowds, & turnover, all suggest we are a championship 1 team.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#30 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

Well you go from absolute joy v Halifax,to what was served up today,absolute dross,no excuses today we simply did not compete,swinton were not brilliant,but made us look what we are ,relegation favourites.Next  game cougars away,my fave away trip,sorry I cant face it not going.

#31 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

POSITIVE APPROACH IS NEEDED MANY LEEDS PLAYERS WILL BE RETURNING FROM INJURY , HOPING THEY WILL PLAY AND KEEP US UP , OTHERWISE LIKE BRAMLEY , WE GOT INTO BED WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE .

#32 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

Couldnt go today so cant say too much BUT if you,d have said to me before the season started, name me the worst 2 things that could kill our season but wont possibly happen it would have been

a/  the Rhinos to have the worst ever injury crises in living memory

b/  Grimmer to cop a bad injury and miss a fair chunk of the season

you couldnt make it up, if it wasnt for bad luck this club would have no luck at all.

Posted Image

#33 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

Still 9 games to go and 27 points to play for, the team needs our support more than ever before for the run in, so I'd urge everyone to get to Keighley to support the team.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#34 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

In the words of Rocky Balboa:

" Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!"

Bring on the Cougars !!!

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#35 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

How did Haley do for you today as he always gave 100% at Fev and thought he would stand out at Hunslet with his strong go forward

I thought he was far and away our best forward, plenty of aggression and made good yards with the ball, never took a backwards step. Unfortunately apart from Watson none of his team mates had the same commitment. The worst performance from the team this year.

#36 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

When LIAM HOOD  doesn't play the forwards don't play either-- it's him that makes them.

Read somewhere that Grimmer and Luke Helliwell could be back soon.

No leadership yesterday and no pride and no passion resulting in the game being played in silence apart from the Swinton supporters who couldn't believe what they were seeing.

All is not lost if we win these next 3 away games we'll be in a play off posistion.

#37 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

For us to win the next 3 away games Grimmer needs to have recovered and the Rhinos injury situation needs to miraculously clear up - incredibly ive heard Jones-Buchanan is now out for the season. Even Hood gets injured for us, its incredible and didnt Marchy limp off y,day ?

Posted Image

#38 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Yes March came of injured in the first half (unlike him)-- and yes we do need a full fit team for these  next games.

Somebody keeps coming on this Forum saying we have the lowest playing budget in the Division and should finish in the bottom 2 or 3-- thats making excuses-- all I want to see is a Hunslet team playing with passion and then win or loose we could all go home happy.

#39 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Yes March came of injured in the first half (unlike him)-- and yes we do need a full fit team for these next games.
Somebody keeps coming on this Forum saying we have the lowest playing budget in the Division and should finish in the bottom 2 or 3-- thats making excuses-- all I want to see is a Hunslet team playing with passion and then win or loose we could all go home happy.

agree with that barry, all we ask for is 100% effort and a bit of passion and we wont be far off a good team
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#40 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

I don't think we could ever question the lads commitment or passion this season, everyone of them including the Leeds players have given %100 percent week in week out. Yesterday was just a very bad day at the office for all concerned, we were second best all over the park. We need to pick ourselves up for Keighley and come out fighting. We also need everyone to be at Keighley to cheer the lads on, I personally targeted 2 wins from Swinton, Keighley and Donny, yes we have lost our first game but it is possible to pick up 6 points in our next two games. lets support the lads at Keighley and Donny get behind them and give them the best possible chance of picking up maximum points.

SO WE SHALL AGAIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users