today. dismal v swinton

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

POSITIVE APPROACH IS NEEDED MANY LEEDS PLAYERS WILL BE RETURNING FROM INJURY , HOPING THEY WILL PLAY AND KEEP US UP , OTHERWISE LIKE BRAMLEY , WE GOT INTO BED WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE .

Leeds players have had a 100% positive approach playing for us all season HUNSLET72. 

I thought Leeds had long term injury problems ?, hope your right HUNSLET72.

Fact is If we had not Duel Reg with Leeds we would not have had half the points we have, and we would have been bottom of the league earlier on in the season.

Bramley was a different case to us, as they went to groundshare Headingley , and were not doing that. I don't know the full details of what went on between Leeds and Bramley to comment about that . ?

#42 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Yesterday hunslet carried on with their shambolic defending where they left off away at swinton.

This season it seems like everyone is more concerned with who is injured at Leeds rather than who's playing for hunslet.
I wonder if eaton has the same approach to training, rubbing off on the players that we are hopeless if we are not thrown the scraps from another club instead of focusing on the next game with the tools he's got.
I am not sure where people get we would of been bottom if we we didn't have DR. When you look at results from this season to last, they are similar with the exception of a couple of thrashings.
You would have expected a improvement on the results with having 5 full time players, but it just hasn't happened.
This must come down to either the coach, or lack of team spirit with DR, having a unsettled team or a combination.

Edited by MikeFletchersBarmyArmy, 24 June 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#43 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Are you lot sure you watch the same game as me. How anyone can question the coach, the dr's or the team spirit of a club that went within 5 minutes of beating fax is beyond me.

The Halifax game showed what a difference an on form 6, 7 & 9 makes. Just look at Whitehaven and how it went t*ts up hood went off. This sunday Ansell did nothing all game, coyle looked lost with no other ball player giving options and Haigh is sadly half the player he was last year.

#44 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Hunslet still lost to Halifax, and the sad reality that's the highlight of Eaton's reign as coach. He is probably the first coach in the history of the club to of had 5 full time pro's in the team.

Hunslet need to start beating teams around them & not only raising their game for the bigger teams. We still haven't beaten a established championship team, our only victories in his tenure are beating the promoted teams at home plus York - well our gaurenteed York double is looking uncertain this year.

#45 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

Our players on paper are better than what the table shows , but to me theres definitely something wrong down at Hunslet , ok where missing key players but other players should be stepping up and putting a shift in , weather its down to D/R , Hunslet players only stepping up for big games , coaches ( To many Chiefs and not enough Indians ) ect.............. alot of the players seem more bothered about who has the best fluorescent coloured boots...........

#46 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE RELATIONSHIP HUNSLET HAS WITH LANDLORDS L.C.C. COUPLED WITH THE TIME LEFT ON OUR CURRENT LEASE .THROUGH LACK OF SUPPORT THROUGH DUEL REG . . SHOULD WE DROP A DIVISION , I PREDICT OUR  HOME GROUND WILL BE HEADINGLY .  THEN  WE GET SWALLOWED UP , ITS A BUSINESS THAT NEEDS TO BREAK FREE FROM THE  STRANGLEHOLD WHICH IS  LEEDS R.L.

#47 myrtleflamewhite

myrtleflamewhite
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

We were terrible today and were well beaten! We all want 17 Hunslet players playing in our team and I'm afraid that's what's get served when you get it, take out the class of the Leeds players and we have the same squad that only managed 2 wins in 2012 and 3 wins in 2011 so what do we expect? Everyone blaming Barry, yet no one questions the players performances, he's not the one missing tackles, dropping the ball, throwing forwards passes? no one is as dissapointed than me today but when I take a step back and look at the facts, it's quite easy to see that without the Leeds players we should all fully expect us to be in the bottom 2, we have the lowest crowds in the league, we have the lowest budget in the league and we have no financial backer and are a supporter owned club, so as to be expected we will struggle with a squad of players that have won 9 games in 3 years of rugby! I'm gutted with today, but that's how i expected this season to be, especially when you think we played today without our first choice half backs! And as stated it wasn't log ago that we were bottom of the RFL, and a joke, getting thumped by London skolars, the fact we even are competing now inI this division for the 3rd year running is something to be proud of when you think that's clubs in our league spend 4 times what we do on playing budgets! Bad day today but I've seen so many worse days in the last 10 years, it's only last week everyone was saying how good the performance vs Halifax was. Lets get behind the team and go to Keighley in our numbers and support the team!

" Everyone blaming Barry, yet no one questions the players performances, he's not the one missing tackles, dropping the ball, throwing forwards passes?"

No he's not BUT he is the one NOT coming up with any "game plan" or how to play a set move. How many times were we camped on their try line and came up with not one set play to get over the line? 6 I think I counted. We get within 5 yards of the line and our arses drop out, now that IS down to the coach. The team comes out after half time and their heads are down they don't look like they want to play...again THAT is down to the coach. How many games have you watched when a team that's behind at half time comes out with purpose and fire gee'd up by their coaches chat.

In my opinion B.E. has had enough chance to show what he's capable of doing and he's been found out.

#48 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

" Everyone blaming Barry, yet no one questions the players performances, he's not the one missing tackles, dropping the ball, throwing forwards passes?"

No he's not BUT he is the one NOT coming up with any "game plan" or how to play a set move. How many times were we camped on their try line and came up with not one set play to get over the line? 6 I think I counted. We get within 5 yards of the line and our arses drop out, now that IS down to the coach. The team comes out after half time and their heads are down they don't look like they want to play...again THAT is down to the coach. How many games have you watched when a team that's behind at half time comes out with purpose and fire gee'd up by their coaches chat.

In my opinion B.E. has had enough chance to show what he's capable of doing and he's been found out.

But who in that team on Sunday is really good enough to execute a set move? Our halfback pairing on Sunday was our 4th choice half back and a loanee whos been with us two weeks. Its ok saying were camped on the oppositions line and there's no set play to get over the line, but you have to have the personnel to execute it and get us over the line.

You could have had the best set moves in the history of coaching Sunday we still wouldn't have scored and that's simply down to 2 things, without our first choice halfbacks and with Marchy not on the field we have no one to open up a defence.

I don't agree that our heads were down and i haven't seen that this season, we have competed in every game this season apart from Leigh away and Sunday. It was just a terrible day at the office all teams have them, I cant honestly see how anyone can question the team is not playing for the coach. What about all the times we have come back from 18 nil down to win games or to snatch a bonus points, no one can question the spirit in the team or the will to fight or the character of the team, its been evident all season from both the Leeds and our own Hunslet players.

But again its all down to opinions and i respect yours, we all pay our money and we all have different opinions, weather you want Barry out, in, whatever, we need to all stick by the club and support the team. We are 5 points off a playoff place and have 9 crucial games to come.

I personally cant wait for Keighley! Come on the Huns!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#49 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE RELATIONSHIP HUNSLET HAS WITH LANDLORDS L.C.C. COUPLED WITH THE TIME LEFT ON OUR CURRENT LEASE .THROUGH LACK OF SUPPORT THROUGH DUEL REG . . SHOULD WE DROP A DIVISION , I PREDICT OUR  HOME GROUND WILL BE HEADINGLY .  THEN  WE GET SWALLOWED UP , ITS A BUSINESS THAT NEEDS TO BREAK FREE FROM THE  STRANGLEHOLD WHICH IS  LEEDS R.L.

Lack of Support through dual reg? Our Average crowd is up on last season with still Leigh & Featherstone to play at home, so i am confident it will beat last seasons average by a long way. So lack of support because of dual reg is simply not true when you look at the stats.

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#50 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

I believe the commitment is there in the games, just look at the goal difference, they've had two really bad games this season thats all. But i don't believe everything is rosy within the squad due to D/R (just my opinion). Also, what they're doing on the training ground isn't being put into practice on the pitch, thats down to the players not the coach. We are too slow at getting the ball out wide, because by the time our centres get ball the opponents defence are on us, so its rare the wingers  see any of the ball in the opponents half. the forwards dont have players backing them up so its easy for the opponents defence to tackle us, we've no kicking game to pressure the opposition with or without grimmer & helliwell. The players should have an idea on plays of how to open up defences, they've all been playing long enough (amatuer & semi-pro), even by watching rugby on tv. Sport today means if your team doesn't perform, its the coach/manager who takes the fall for it.

#51 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

Couldn't anyone from the club try persuade danny ratcliffe to come back???
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#52 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

I suppose some Hunslet supporters will blame the Rhinos for everything.Imagine that state the team would have been in if you hadn't have had the dual reg players.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 25 June 2013 - 10:18 AM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#53 blackhawk

blackhawk

boxer boy

• Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

I suppose some Hunslet supporters will blame the Rhinos for everything.Imagine that state the team would have been in if you hadn't have had the dual reg players.

thats a fair comment and a valid one mate

Edited by blackhawk, 25 June 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#54 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Probably in the relegation zone with the same number of wins.

#55 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

agree with you there
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#56 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

Agree about DANNY RATCLIFFE, one of our better players, also TOM BUSH-- ELLIOTT HODGSON- STEVE LEWIS.

HAWKEYE and even BLACKPOOL should be able to tell us.

Some good posts on here from the people who own the club--- HIST members.

#57 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

No Mike I would say , one win, the first one against Barrow. Which would have made us rock bottom and more or less relegated already without the Leeds players in.

#58 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

I don't blame the Rhinos players ,and I have been a staunch Huns fan for years, but sadly what you have put looks true,with some of our supporters,  I know we need the Leeds players D/Reg to us to keep us up fact. 

#59 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Lets hope now the 2 week break will do us the world of good before the Keighley game, we need Aston Wilson in at centre alongside Welham, Grimmer back at stand off, Marchy hopefully fit and a bit of luck with the rhinos injury situation.

Posted Image

#60 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

Cant see Marchy been fit, hes tore his calf will be 6 weeks i would have thought easy. Grimmer will be touch and go i would have thought, but i wouldn't risk him if hes not 100% fit. Hood could be available as could Keinhorst with Moon, Ben Jones Bishop and Ablett all available for Leeds in the centre.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users