Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

fev away. team and predictions

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#221 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

It was Thacks testimonial dinner last night so that's why he is probably missing.

Told us last night  he was being rested, and he wasn't to happy about it !

#222 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Hope it gets him angry ! We need the raging bull back for the run in . Seen him only in glimpses this year.

Edited by DavidM, 30 June 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#223 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

This one is for H4E so that he can report back to the Haven forum.    If Town win their next two matches -Dewsbury and Swinton both at home - and Haven manage to get 1 bonus point from their next 2 games Halifax (A) and Batley (H) - Town will jump over Haven and still have a game in hand.   However, we would still have 8 games to play against Haven's 7, so anything could happen.

Edited by Keith T, 30 June 2013 - 06:39 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#224 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

This one is for H4E so that he can report back to the Haven forum. If Town win their next two matches -Dewsbury and Swinton both at home - and Haven manage to get 1 bonus point from their next 2 games Halifax (A) and Batley (H) - Town will jump over Haven and still have a game in hand. However, we would still have 8 games to play against Haven's 7, so anything could happen.

They have started a thread about our game today on deludedfans.com and they are simply making things up and talking tripe and yes H4E is reporting back from whats on here to the thread. They have won one derby and all of a sudden they are world beaters again. Back to earth with a bump next sunday for them. Although wait for this, heres a rib tickler for you, charlos mate rekons a haven win 18-22. You couldnt make it up.

Edited by town4me, 30 June 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#225 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Correct Keith ,but you have to go to fax and eagles ,like we still have to go to fev so those games will cancel out and we still haven dews ,swinton ,cougars, all too come to the rec.for the record we will beat batley at home..you still have hunslet and barrow away which some of you lot think will be easy points.they will be battling for any points so no easy games

#226 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

Correct Keith ,but you have to go to fax and eagles ,like we still have to go to fev so those games will cancel out and we still haven dews ,swinton ,cougars, all too come to the rec.for the record we will beat batley at home..you still have hunslet and barrow away which some of you lot think will be easy points.they will be battling for any points so no easy games

There you go again.who said the hawks and the raiders will be easy points???? I think you are underestimating batley

Edited by town4me, 30 June 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#227 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

On one of the points thread on here some had them down as easy 3 points.As for batley I said ages ago once we got the top 4 out of the way at home we would not get beat at home in the league again and so far it was one better as we beat the eagle's.I stand by that,it will be very tough but we will beat them .As for your team I don't understand where your confidence comes from .Apart from scrapeing a win against Leigh with 5 players missing you performances of late haven't been good have they.Like one Said earlier teams like dews will be targeting it as a possible win

#228 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

We will beat Batley at home ??? And then constantly accuse us of hubris !!!

#229 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

"Scraping a win against leigh" lol.of course dews will target a win next week as we are one of the teams around them. It will be tough and we will have to play well but if we can beat them away we can do it at DP. Batley are no mugs and you dont know if you defo have DR for that game so I wouldnt count your chickens.

#230 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

One win and they're talking down to us like their Melbourne Storm ! Gee I hope they come crashing down with a big bump . All this sudden superiority and telling us how poor we are and where we're giving wrong and what's wrong with our players does grate a bit . The same players who had them covered over and over again until they cried help to Saints ... Despite the system being a disgrace .

Edited by DavidM, 30 June 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#231 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

"Scraping a win against leigh" lol.of course dews will target a win next week as we are one of the teams around them. It will be tough and we will have to play well but if we can beat them away we can do it at DP. Batley are no mugs and you dont know if you defo have DR for that game so I wouldnt count your chickens.

had no DR against eagles or rooney.as for you getting by with out well 3 DR and loan today,your getting by just fine,Dave its not one win its our home form in general that gives us confidence we can beat Batley,but at the same time i would expect nothing away at fax or fev etc.

Edited by haven4ever, 30 June 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#232 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

One win and they're talking down to us like their Melbourne Storm ! Gee I hope they come crashing down with a big bump . All this sudden superiority and telling us how poor we are and where we're giving wrong and what's wrong with our players does grate a bit . The same players who had them covered over and over again until they cried help to Saints ... Despite the system being a disgrace .

Yeah its strange what one win has done for them. Can only see them getting 1 point from the next 6

#233 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yeh things change quickly . Everything evens out by the end and then you see where you are . As for 'our team ' ... Strip away DR and I still say we have a better squad than them . That's part of the frustration , that the good looking parts can't gel to a well oiled machine on a consistent basis . These games are the time it must happen . End of excuses and what ifs ...

Edited by DavidM, 30 June 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#234 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Only in your mind could you think that Haven will beat Batley but yet Town will struggle at Barrow. Both games are either way and will be hard games. I note that you sort of dismiss your visits to York and Doncaster as well as Leigh!!! Town also have Dewsbury, Swinton, Cougars and York to come to DP, so don't get ahead of yourself.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#235 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

had no DR against eagles or rooney.as for you getting by with out well 3 DR and loan today,your getting by just fine,Dave its not one win its our home form in general that gives us confidence we can beat Batley,but at the same time i would expect nothing away at fax or fev etc.

"For the record we will beat batley" now it's changed to "we can beat batley" . confidence dwindling there marra lol.

#236 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Just to refresh, Hunslet and Swinton only have 3 home games left to play, next come Dewsbury and Haven with 4 left to play at home. Hunslet have Leigh, Fev and Town at home whilst Swinton have Fev, York and Barrow.

Town at home have - Dewsbury, Swinton, Fev, York and Keighley whilst Haven have - Batley, Dewsbury, Keighley and Swinton.

Away Town have - Batley, Hunslet, Barrow, Halifax and Sheffield. Haven have - Halifax, York, Doncaster, Leigh and Fev.

By my reckoning both teams should comfortably be safe from relegation and should also make the play-offs.

#237 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

No easy games in this division home or away. A couple of injuries to any team could mean the difference between 3 points and maybe none ( I'd even include the mighty Haven in that) 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#238 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Or suspensions ( exclude the mighty haven due to all being sporting Corinthians and very applicable to towns band of roving thugs )

Edited by DavidM, 30 June 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#239 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

On one of the points thread on here some had them down as easy 3 points.As for batley I said ages ago once we got the top 4 out of the way at home we would not get beat at home in the league again and so far it was one better as we beat the eagle's.I stand by that,it will be very tough but we will beat them .As for your team I don't understand where your confidence comes from .Apart from scrapeing a win against Leigh with 5 players missing you performances of late haven't been good have they.Like one Said earlier teams like dews will be targeting it as a possible win

I notice you slipped "in the league" in there H4E, as we all know you did of course lose at home to that poor team from up the road. How come your win over Sheffield is supposed to be the win of the season by all clubs and yet our win over Leigh is "scraping" a win. You don't have talk a lot of rollocks. Sheffield only just won at Town by 4 points with a team containing 5 different players to the team that Haven beat so who is to say which was the stronger Eagles team and didn't Leigh give you a hiding on TV at the Rec. Teams like Dewsbury will be targeting Haven and many others as well.

#240 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Dewsbury is a strange one . I seen them beat Fax and they had SL players from about three different clubs ! Depends on how they get beefed up this weekend . Very tricky game .

Edited by DavidM, 30 June 2013 - 08:18 PM.