Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

fev away. team and predictions

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#21 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

They are beatable ... we were just shocking...Egremont wouldve beaten us easily today

Good luck against them

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

They're a well oiled machine really , at least you won't be losing out on most other teams who go there . Survival or not wont rest on these games , it'll be consistency of results against the other 9 teams around you .

Edited by DavidM, 24 June 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

They are beatable ... we were just shocking...Egremont wouldve beaten us easily today

Good luck against them

I've just watched the highlights Lee and your left side defence was none existant.    It looked as if no-one wanted to tackle big Bostock and he lumbered over for two tries.    They certainly didn't have to work too hard for their 60 points did they?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Fev 34 - 24 town

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Can we take that now !!!

#26 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

deep down hand on heart, i see us losing by 30points. fev are a top quality side and we are never great away from home. we would have to produce our best performance of the season to get even a bp. as for the team i would hope big red is back in for flynn with mossop going on the wing, briscoe will be out so that leaves a place on the bench for walne and i would bring dowes back in as well for the suspended olstrum.

Olstrum won't be suspended for Fev as his hearing won't be until a week tomorrow

#27 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Maybe a bad thing - rather miss Fev away than a vital game at home to Dews . But that's the rub I guess .

#28 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,609 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Olstrum won't be suspended for Fev as his hearing won't be until a week tomorrow

cheers mate, wasnt sure tbh. has he been done before or could he enter an early guilty plea.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#29 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

I've just watched the highlights Lee and your left side defence was none existant.    It looked as if no-one wanted to tackle big Bostock and he lumbered over for two tries.    They certainly didn't have to work too hard for their 60 points did they?

Keith I cannot bring myself to watch it again mate :-( it was bad enough on sunday. We struggled big style without Harrison, Mossop, Dawson and Casey's kicking game. Didn't help with Danny Jones going off before half time and not being able to return.

There are a good few players who just arn't good enough in this league and we are paying for taking the moral high ground re feeder club/dual regging or whatever you want to call it. Although having said that Holty quite rightly withdrew from talks with Wigan as they were going to FORCE him to play two or three players they offered each week at the expense of squad lads, which isn't right whichever way you look at it!

Lets face it Haven won on sunday with a big dollup of Saints help from what I heard on the radio...I wish we had that help available to us ;-(

Ho hum

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Mmmm , forced to play a few Wigan players . And the downside is ??? !!!!!

#31 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

cheers mate, wasnt sure tbh. has he been done before or could he enter an early guilty plea.

Even an early plea would start after Fev match as all non SL offences are dealt with on the second Tuesday after the match

#32 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

Last season we would have been concerned about Olstrum facing a ban but this season we have enough cover to get by without his services.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#33 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

10/07/11 Karl got two matches - Rochdale v Workington Town, nothing else as far as I can discover. Therefore he can go for the early guilty plea.

Edited by Supporter, 25 June 2013 - 08:03 AM.

#34 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

Charlo in the star hoping Briscoes injury isn't as bad as feared ( let's hope so ) . Also , believe it or not , talked about errors and penalties ... Who woulda thunk it ? And also mentioned the ' team on paper ' . But you get no points for that . And that Karl is looking at a two gamer , and might be a few chucked in to go to Fev . Mentioned Walne to , I presume he's been injured as he's on loan and was MOM v Leigh and then vanished ?

Edited by DavidM, 25 June 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#35 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Charlo in the star hoping Briscoes injury isn't as bad as feared ( let's hope so ) . Also , believe it or not , talked about errors and penalties ... Who woulda thunk it ? And also mentioned the ' team on paper ' . But you get no points for that . And that Karl is looking at a two gamer , and might be a few chucked in to go to Fev . Mentioned Walne to , I presume he's been injured as he's on loan and was MOM v Leigh and then vanished ?

I suppose he could also have talked about misplaced aggression as well.   Yes, we want our lads to be tough and not only stand up to the opposition but get on top of them.     That has to be controlled though not just off the cuff aggression where penalties are given away.   An example being at the end.   Did Karl need to to drop Houghton at that stage and get himself sent off and possibly miss two games?     If that had been in our own half that penalty could have cost us the bonus point.

Edited by Keith T, 25 June 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Yes we've seen it with Thacks before . Noones saying its easy but you've got to keep control and think ahead because the price paid can be big

#37 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Haha class you must've been smoking the jam bong !!

that was written by a barrow fan.I think its time to bring you to the attention of the mods

#38 recre2

recre2
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Fev 56 Town 10

#39 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

48 16 fev
bluewhitearmy

#40 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

A guess at the probable Featherstone combination for Sunday, assuming all are fit.
Full Back - Ian Hardman
Wings - Will Sharp & Tommy Saxon
Centres - Vincent Mellars & Greg Worthington
Half Backs - Andy Kain & Liam Finn
Props - Steve Crossley & Anthony English
Hooker - Ben Kaye
Second Rows - James Lockwood & Tim Spears
Loose Forward - Matty Dale
Subs - Andrew Ellis (Hooker), Jack Bussey, Lamont Bryan & Andy Bostock