TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

fev away. team and predictions

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#41 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

A guess at the probable Featherstone combination for Sunday, assuming all are fit.
Full Back - Ian Hardman
Wings - Will Sharp & Tommy Saxon
Centres - Vincent Mellars & Greg Worthington
Half Backs - Andy Kain & Liam Finn
Props - Steve Crossley & Anthony English
Hooker - Ben Kaye
Second Rows - James Lockwood & Tim Spears
Loose Forward - Matty Dale
Subs - Andrew Ellis (Hooker), Jack Bussey, Lamont Bryan & Andy Bostock

England looks to be out for the season so he def won't be in the line up and probably played his last game for us. That team looks about right though besides engy but heppy will be back by the sounds of it.Some of the predictions on here are a bit wild IMO we will not hammer you as some posts seem to suggest. We are a shadow of our former selves at present(don't know why that is but rumours suggest unrest in the camp). Just depends which Fev turn out if its a donny York Fev then we will get beat if its a we want to win the league Fev then we might be back in business but I wont hold my breath on that second comment.Also I doubt this result will effect your season guys as I think you will stay up easily.

Edited by thundergaz, 25 June 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#42 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

England looks to be out for the season so he def won't be in the line up and probably played his last game for us. That team looks about right though besides engy but heppy will be back by the sounds of it.

Thanks for the update, I take it that heppy is Jonny Hepworth. Will Matt James be the replacement Prop and has Mariano returned to Wakefield for good?

Edited by Supporter, 25 June 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#43 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for the update, I take it that heppy is Jonny Hepworth. Is Mariano returned to Wakefield for good?

Yeah jonny Hepworth and we don't know about Mariano it could be a swap back and forth with mellars by the looks of it. It just depends which one of the players wakey want each week by the looks of it.

#44 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Some of the predictions on here are a bit wild IMO we will not hammer you as some posts seem to suggest..

How times change.

60pt thrashings were to be handed out to workington both home and away by us according to yourself on a pre season thread on this board

Well i went to Barrow and saw a team that looked more like a group, looked more focused and looked like they had got their appetite back after what looks like a royal roasting occured following the donny home defeat

Workington are in poor form and we finally might be hitting the straps - Worky are no barrow though who in my opinion were the poorest side we have played so far but fev more than comfortable

Fev 48 workington 18

#45 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

Leigh fans were saying the same about hammering us only a few week ago and look what happened! We are a good team and on our day can go t

#46 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

To any ground in our league and take a bonus point at the least! We have been unlucky with injuries! Matty first few months, then acton and stack a few weeks ago and now briscoe! Up the town fev 30 Workington 34!!

#47 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

Dont want to sound negative just realistic. Damage limitation this sunday. I'm sure the lads will put a big effort in but its the toughest game of the season and after last Sundays lacklusture performance i would be happy with a good show and respectable scoreline with no injuries. Then bring on the rams to complete the double.

#48 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

How times change.

60pt thrashings were to be handed out to workington both home and away by us according to yourself on a pre season thread on this board

Well i went to Barrow and saw a team that looked more like a group, looked more focused and looked like they had got their appetite back after what looks like a royal roasting occured following the donny home defeat

Workington are in poor form and we finally might be hitting the straps - Worky are no barrow though who in my opinion were the poorest side we have played so far but fev more than comfortable

Fev 48 workington 18

were not exactly in poor form, we beat leigh 2 weeks ago, before that we had 2 shockers but before that we were on a 6 game unbeaten streak
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#49 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Team would be -

Carter miller mossop stack Connor forber Phillips dowes mattinson coward Phillips shackley Lupton - thackaray walne acton olstrom

#50 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

Team would be -

Carter miller mossop stack Connor forber Phillips dowes mattinson coward Phillips shackley Lupton - thackaray walne acton olstrom

just my opinion but our centres get nowhere near enough ball to waste our best player out there.

#51 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

If Calders is fit put him back in and keep Connor and Mossop in the centres . No more forwards in the centres , especially our best .
If we get anything here it'll be nye on the best result in years n years

#52 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Carter mossopp miller connor calders lupton phillips dowes matty stack phillips olstrum - thackaray walne acton shackley. i just think it is time to try miller at centre he has the pace and strength i think we badly need in our centres??

#53 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

To be fair bar taking tap penalties up there isn't a lot of difference as to how much ball our centre/ second rows get - that left hand side is a real problem for us defensively and no matter who plays there we seem to concede- just sures it up for me in a game where I'd be very surprised if we kept it under 40 points -

#54 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

Fair point Abu . One in he should see at least some more ball and we need more strike there . Often wasted out on the flank . Centre or full back even if you shifted around . We could do with getting more out of such a weapon anyhow .

Edited by DavidM, 27 June 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#55 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

i thought cravens kicking game was good enough to warrant a call back to play alongside callum. outside backs i would have big red inside mossop and connor inside miller. our wide men dont get much ball so i would pick the 4 strongest in defence as possible.

#56 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Just looking at both our centres they to my mind are both good on defence, but lack that wee bit of pace that we seem to lack in the middle of the pitch???.

#57 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

I hope Red is ok to return and hopefully Briscoe got some better news to . Whatever combos they need good sharp service to get the best from them and a guy like Craven could maybe give that , as I'm sure he'll have learnt a good passing game to . Our passing to the edges is often painful and not sure it would be easy for any back to flourish ! Guys like Brett n Elliott do it out of individual brilliance

Edited by DavidM, 27 June 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#58 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

The away game at Sheffield has been arranged for a Wednesday night (30th July) due to their stadium not being available at weekends. Absolute joke, I reckon we'll be struggling to put a team out.

http://www.newsandst...Path=sport/town

#59 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

I just get frustrated at the lack of attacking ideas when we get to our opponents ten yard line, we dont seem to use any dummy runners or run arounds, just seems every time on the last tackle along the line and a kick to the corner.Now i know you have to have a game plan, but would just like to see a bit more freedom to try there own thing now and again.

#60 goingupthetown

goingupthetown
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

The away game at Sheffield has been arranged for a Wednesday night (30th July) due to their stadium not being available at weekends. Absolute joke, I reckon we'll be struggling to put a team out.

http://www.newsandst...Path=sport/town

Awesome.......so thats Batley away on the 28th, Sheff away on the 30th, then Feath at home on the 4th.....FFS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users