fev away. team and predictions

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#61 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,981 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

The away game at Sheffield has been arranged for a Wednesday night (30th July) due to their stadium not being available at weekends. Absolute joke, I reckon we'll be struggling to put a team out.

http://www.newsandst...Path=sport/town

That's what it said in the paper BUT Sheffield are at home to London Broncos in the Challenge Cup on the Friday evening, 12th July.   Sheffield have been playing most of their matches on a Friday evening since it was announced that they are to demolish DVS.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#62 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

It'll be fascinating where we are in the league come the end of August 4th . If we're in a similar position to now we'll be doing mighty well and will have broken the back of the season . In fact I'll take having our head above water .

Edited by DavidM, 27 June 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#63 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

the good news is that all our home games are more than winnable, and barrow away shoud be 3 points. if they go to plan then we should be safe with plenty to spare.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#64 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

well lawton is playing sunday as hes training tonight. not sure who misses out for the big lad, maybe rest shacks as hes played every game recently. paddy flynn is also playing i think.

#65 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

Cheers wonky

#66 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

I note that Craven has made it back into the Widnes 19.

Vikings from: Ah Van, Allen, Brown, Clarke, Craven, Gerrard, Hanbury, Hock, Isa, Joseph, Kavanagh, Leuluai, Marsh, Mellor, O'Carroll, Owens, Phelps, Pickersgill, Winterstein.

Still no place for Flynn.

#67 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Karl Olstrum has been charged as follows:
15.1(a) Detail – Punching Grade B with the Range of Recommended Sanctions in relation to Charged Grade*1-2.
Thus, with an early guilty plea he should only miss one match.

#68 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Olstrum used an early guilty plea in september last year for punching against ,you guess it Whitehaven.so he can't use one for 12 months

#69 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Just use the ' I don't like them and cant help myself ,please let me off defence ' Karl lad .

#70 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

http://www.therfl.co...inary/item?4071

#71 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Olstrum used an early guilty plea in september last year for punching against ,you guess it Whitehaven.so he can't use one for 12 months

Sorry, missed it when I looked at the Disciplinary records. Looks like he will miss both the Dewsbury and Swinton game, a pity.

#72 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

I would have thought sending off sufficient could have done. He hardly touched him.

#73 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Taking 50 tackles , 20 runs , plenty of yards and a few line bursts out for two vital games , so a pretty costly punch . We have plenty of forward cover , but Karl is a miss . If Craven is available for those two games it means Lupton can go to 13 and the pill is sweetened a fair bit .

#74 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

Craverns no better than forber from what I've seen for us so why don't we not just stick with what we've got ?

#75 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Craverns no better than forber from what I've seen for us so why don't we not just stick with what we've got ?

You missed the keighly game then i take it.

#76 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

no offence to carl, but danny craven is considerably better. im starting to think that your not much of a game going fan

#77 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

He's not getting a lot of preparation time with the team , which is vital in his position . If he can get a few sessions in he can be a real asset as he has natural skills to . I'd love to get him for a few games and bed him in , but the way it is probably unlikely with him in and out down there . A player like that can add a dimension though . Tough being plonked right in though . Carl can do a job but if there's someone better you can't be sentimental at this stage of the season . No one else is . It's look after yourself time !

Edited by DavidM, 28 June 2013 - 08:10 PM.

#78 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Taking 50 tackles , 20 runs , plenty of yards and a few line bursts out for two vital games , so a pretty costly punch . We have plenty of forward cover , but Karl is a miss . If Craven is available for those two games it means Lupton can go to 13 and the pill is sweetened a fair bit .

i wouldnt be surprised if luppy is missing sunday, he took a knock last week and sat out most of the game. im thinking thats possibly who lawton has come in to replace with either stack or walne going to loose forward.

#79 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Mmm cheers mate . No point taking any risks in this one . Gee whizz the following two games are monumental .

Edited by DavidM, 28 June 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#80 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

I was thinking of Stacky at loose before actually . Being involved right in the thick of things . Without Karl I'd hope Craven can link with Callum for the two home games . We have to win them full stop , with Batley , Sheffield and Fev to follow . Should be great and hopefully well attended with fans and casual fans cheering us on .

Edited by DavidM, 28 June 2013 - 08:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users