fev away. team and predictions

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#81 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Exactly my point - one session and thrown into a game - doesn't work so what's the point! Forber has played well this season , dunno what everyone's problem is with him! We need a settled 6/7 instead of all this rotation . And yeah I did see the keighley game - the I rest half being blamed on Carl forber is it? Ha ha Jesus

#82 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Erm no, the fact that craven came on and was outstanding in the 2nd half. After guess what, no sessions. So yeah, it doesn't work does it.

#83 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Carl hasn't really played much this season , and when he does there's to much inconsistency in his game . I agree we've never had a settled combo and its let us down , that's why I thought we'd stick with Peter and Callum , but we've switched around from that to . If Craven is available I'd bite the bullet and take him regardless of that , because the pros out weigh the cons and he has an xfactor , he can come in and deliver ,but if not , from Dewsbury I'd stick with Peter n Callum and say if that's what we have that's what we're sticking with from now on in . Only Craven should change that . He's to good to turn down .

Edited by DavidM, 28 June 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#84 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Is he? Outstanding? Really ? After the 2nd minute last week I didn't see him do anything - but then that's the same with any of our duel reg this season - summed up by flynns performance, I'm sorry but we should just go with what we have - the players from widnes have brought nothing to us this season and only should be brought in when were low on numbers - we will feel the brunt of this late in the season when forber / calders et all have ######ed off and we have no one left

#85 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Craverns no better than forber from what I've seen for us so why don't we not just stick with what we've got ?

townfan10 your a haven fan trying to be politely negative so you dont get banned. I can see right through you though. Go back to deludedfans.com

#86 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

Townfan10, did you even read what I wrote? I said in the 2nd half against keighley he was outstanding.

#87 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

I respect opinions but that's just not right . For one we wouldn't have beaten Leigh but for Briscoe and Flynn .. Watch Briscoe haul back Beswick right on the line in a snorting tackle in the last minute , to add to their 8 pts .

Edited by DavidM, 28 June 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#88 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

Townfan10, did you even read what I wrote? I said in the 2nd half against keighley he was outstanding.

he says town should play stack in the centres. He says craven is no better than forber. He said last Sunday was the best haven have played all season he slates the DR players. Haven fan in disguise. I'm not fooled

#89 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

I'm not at all - read through the rest of my posts - you guys just bang on about short term supposed gains when you have to look at the bigger picture when the players we get from widnes aren't hat good - and I don't mean to be negative about any rugby players but in this instance when they're arriving from a full time environment they offer nothing - you can't use halves who don't train!! Oh look he's in the widnes 19 for this weekend - so it's not worth talking about - so olstrom suspended? So we play forber ? But I guess you will see something In Connor that makes you think he's a stand off? Ha

#90 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

"you guys". You seperate yourself then. is there nothing to do on greenbank tonight. All the Widnes players have contributed well you should be more concerned on how you have become reliant on saints reserves lately given most of you are dead against DR

Edited by town4me, 28 June 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#91 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Yeah Sunday I would play stack in the centre over playing paddy Flynn who - cost us 2 if not 3 tries last week that's 14 points maybe davidm? 29 - 14 is ? Put that score to 18 and you have a if different game at he wreck last week ? Just can't see any point in leaving people out who have done little wrong - versus hunslet forber were outstanding - him and Callum seemed to have a nice little partnership starting proven by some of the tries which were scored - but it's gone no further - had they played together regular we might have seen it flourish some more

#92 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Flynn put some good stuff in the ledger to . Either way we still lose and get a point . Nothing wrong with fixing on a partnership if you're going with what you have but Peter and Callum is a better one if fit as there game is more consistent and they compliment each other well with their skill sets . Forber and Callum played in the Donny game and didn't gel at all , they spent lots of time running round in circles and Callum looked exposed trying to do to much . He looks more at ease with Lupton next door doing the string pulling. Forbers passing and game management aren't up to it on a consistent basis in my opinion . Hunslet was good , but Keighley n Donny we're the other side of the coin .

Edited by DavidM, 28 June 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#93 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Your right TOWN4ME, TOWNFAN10 would be mutch better putting HAVENFAN10 because i dont think he has fooled any one he is a JAM fan for sure, you know where he gets the 10 from???.

#94 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

Your right TOWN4ME, TOWNFAN10 would be mutch better putting HAVENFAN10 because i dont think he has fooled any one he is a JAM fan for sure, you know where he gets the 10 from???.

Might be his iq.

#95 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

cheers Abu, he is clearly a jam pot. I urge town fans not to respond to him. He is just trying to stir.

#96 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

So because I don't agree with what you lot say I'm a haven fan ? Hmmm I thought this thread was for the team and prediction versus fev? For which olstrom is suspended? Lupton injured? Cravern in the widnes 19 ? I guess some of you will want to try calderwood at 6 ?

#97 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

Don't think he's suspended yet

#98 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

And we don't know for certain that luppy is injured. And who's this cravern? Other than that though hes bang on.

#99 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ha it's like a school playground on this forum! God for bid if anyone has an opinion which bucks the trend !

#100 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

So because I don't agree with what you lot say I'm a haven fan ? Hmmm I thought this thread was for the team and prediction versus fev? For which olstrom is suspended? Lupton injured? Cravern in the widnes 19 ? I guess some of you will want to try calderwood at 6 ?

Craven has alot of quality when on form and has not been settled after a lay off from injury.When played for Workington in his first game i believe changed things in the 2nd half.Like anything it is continuity playing that brings form mate.Flynn can be quality then does silly things like jumping out the line and missing tackles.This the reason Flynn maybe shipped out next year, but always shows effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users