Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

fev away. team and predictions

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#101 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Ha it's like a school playground on this forum! God for bid if anyone has an opinion which bucks the trend !

It's not that you buck the trend, it's more that your opinions are bucking idiotic.

#102 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Ha it's like a school playground on this forum! God for bid if anyone has an opinion which bucks the trend !

#103 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Rumbled

#104 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

From what you've seen Widnesrlfc do you think Flynn has a career ahead in SL or is he destined for a good Championship level club ?

#105 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'm don't doubt cravEN is a good player in a settled team mate - but bringing a stand off in for one session and a game isn't enough at this level which has shown - your halves more so than anyone need to be comfortable playing in a TEAM a comfort which comes from TRAINING TOGETHER and yes you guessed it PLAYING TOGETHER! Paddy had a decent game versus Lehigh and to be fair did ok in the 2nd half versus haven - I'm led to believe they are giving him a second shot this week - so here's hoping he shows what he's made of. I not knocking any of the widnes lads who have played for us were using DR right by giving young lads game time BUT they aren't good enough to dis-place anything we have in my OPINION!

#106 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

It's not that you buck the trend, it's more that your opinions are bucking idiotic.

Ha good one ... Are they ? We will see won't we

#107 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

Just to put HAVEN10 right LUPTON is not injured.

#108 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hense the question mark - to think somebody wanted to throw Elliot miller into the centres this week as apposed to my option of stack - nice baptism for him against mellars Lockwood bostock -

#109 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Just to put HAVEN10 right LUPTON is not injured.

also to put havenfan10 right flynn was outstanding against leigh as you would have known if you were there.

#110 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

Jesus navas "outstanding " gets over used a bit on here

#111 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Hense the question mark - to think somebody wanted to throw Elliot miller into the centres this week as apposed to my option of stack - nice baptism for him against mellars Lockwood bostock -

Bostocks an impact forward only Elliot would do a great job at centre he's a fast strong lad so why not??
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#112 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

Yeh Flynn was outstanding while he was out standing on the wing . Whoever gets put wherever lets get some more wins on the board with our winnable games and try and get the odd bonus point in the tough ones . There's still lots of work to be done . We'll get behind the lads to get it done

Edited by DavidM, 28 June 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#113 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Yep, wing to centre is so crazier than 2nd row to centre.

#114 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

From what you've seen Widnesrlfc do you think Flynn has a career ahead in SL or is he destined for a good Championship level club ?

On a honest opinion Flynn can have some very good games then has a few bad ones.On his day he can finish try's and take high balls comfortably.I think his defence lets him down and I can not see much of a future at Widnes because not learning from his mistakes.I feel will be a decent Championship winger mate and Widnes will recruit a place next season.We are slowly progressing in Superleague and want to get in the top 8 in t near future.Flynn is not a winger for our next level but I feel will do a good job at Workington and no disrespect.Anyway got any players for Widnes?

#115 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Flynn gets the rough end of the stick at Widnes. Defence is a team effort and when you have your half back  and your centre wandering off in the middle of the park , leaving your winger two and sometimes three on one and then blast him for making a decision is just wrong and very blinkered

The high ball is never easy to take and we sometimes have a go at the lad underneath it instead of applauding how great the bomb was. A spiral is a skill that has become more and more prevelant in the game and one that is drastically underestimated. 

It won Saints a challenge cup!!!! ;) Paddy is still only young and I would take him against Miller,Calderwood or anyone else Workington wished to put on the wing.

#116 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Our good players are no secret . It seems that SL teams want young players with raw talent they can mould and develop in a pro environment . They want a good investment . I would say the Phillips brothers , Miller and Acton fit that bill , but it's a lot easier saying who's gonna fit in the Championship from SL than the other way round ! But those guys have what it takes . And we need them more than you or any SL team !! You can't begrudge lads opportunities , but we're hopefully building a side . And as I say , there are no secrets nowadays regarding good players , everyone who's good has been noticed . And by better clubs than Widnes !!

Edited by DavidM, 29 June 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#117 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Is he? Outstanding? Really ? After the 2nd minute last week I didn't see him do anything - but then that's the same with any of our duel reg this season - summed up by flynns performance, I'm sorry but we should just go with what we have - the players from widnes have brought nothing to us this season and only should be brought in when were low on numbers - we will feel the brunt of this late in the season when forber / calders et all have ######ed off and we have no one left

I agree with you up to a point, if our DR players are no better than what we have then why upset team morale by bringing them in. I do think Paddy Flynn is better than Calders, he had a mare last week I know, but every player has one of them now and then. Briscoe also is a class act and it was a pity we lost him so early last week.

havens two DR players won the game for them last week as far as I'm concerned, we just haven't had that type of match winning performance from our guest players. it was interesting to hear hunslet fans blaming last weeks defeat on their lack of DR players, Barrow wll probably go down because they dont use them, it's a complete joke.

Best of luck to the boys tomorrow, we are more than capable of getting a bonus polnt, it all depends which Fev team turns up.

#118 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Tbh fober is a good player started the season well then doesn't get picked for a while them thrown in the deep end against Batley if we want to see the best off our players we need to see them regular and we need settled half backs we won't do well if we don't half them

#119 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

Flynn gets the rough end of the stick at Widnes. Defence is a team effort and when you have your half back and your centre wandering off in the middle of the park , leaving your winger two and sometimes three on one and then blast him for making a decision is just wrong and very blinkered

The high ball is never easy to take and we sometimes have a go at the lad underneath it instead of applauding how great the bomb was. A spiral is a skill that has become more and more prevelant in the game and one that is drastically underestimated.

It won Saints a challenge cup!!!! ;) Paddy is still only young and I would take him against Miller,Calderwood or anyone else Workington wished to put on the wing.

im sorry, you usually talk a lot of sense but ell miller is better than flynn in every aspect of the game, hes better under the bomb, faster by a long way, solid in defense and has the ability to score from anywhere on the pitch.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#120 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Paddy better than Calder's....yes, better than Elliot.......no way !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users