Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Price

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 who me

who me
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

So I've heard price has been offered a deal for next season are they having a laugh ???

#2 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

So I've heard price has been offered a deal for next season are they having a laugh ???

Nailed on certainty as GM has his favourites it's blatantly clear. Whereas the best full-back we've got at the club can't get a game.  :angry:

#3 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

Surely everyone has their PRICE (FFS) why shouldnt we :ph34r:

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#4 who me

who me
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yeah n we are paying the price cos as rombo says he has his favourites / mates craven should be on the field sadly he will be another exit out of the door !!

#5 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

It's just very un-professional. 

#6 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Offering someone a contract for next year is unprofessional ?

Edited by John North, 23 June 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#7 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Can't but agree. It's way beyond a joke now. Reading the programme Ryan Sparkes was defending GM and makes some valuable points, but they are all lost as long as GM continues to play Pryce. I think it's not far from the truth to say we might have had a shout today but for the big man. Miles out of position for their first forty twenty. Couldn't be bothered for their second - both lead to tries. Completely missed the chip by Hyde towards the end when all he had to do was catch it and was saved by Morton on one of their breaks when I couldn't see where Pryce was. It's OK saying we need to back the manager and the team, buts it's hard when we all know we have a fantastic full back not getting a game and someone just going through the motions playing every week. If anyone can tell me what the new boy from Sheffield has that akerdaire doesn't I would also be grateful.

#8 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

I wasn't referring to this I was referring to GM picking his mates as un-professional. He needs to pick the form players ahead of his buddy's. 

#9 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

I am not a big fan of Pryce by any means and I would certainly have Craven at full back, but...

He is joint top scorer, saved a try today kicking the ball dead after Morton had missed it, gained 40 metres after a kick to our line, hung onto a poor pass on our own line, he draws defenders whenever we get the ball, he is not responsible for 40/20s, wingers should cover them, crushed Tyrer with the tackle near the end. He doesn't make mistakes, should he do more, yes he should.

Yes it baffles me why he doesn't run the ball in harder, but he looks like he is carrying an injury. But he is better than Finnegan, Akaidere, Beckett or anyone else apart from Craven sitting on the sideline.

Pryce playing at 60-70% is better than Beckett etc and therefore I understand why GM picks him. Get Craven back in, but what did Finnegan do today that was better? Rather Pryce than Finnegan, Beckett or Akaidere.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 23 June 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#10 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

I am not a big fan of Pryce by any means and I would certainly have Craven at full back, but...

He is joint top scorer, saved a try today kicking the ball dead after Morton had missed it, gained 40 metres after a kick to our line, hung onto a poor pass on our own line, he draws defenders whenever we get the ball, he is not responsible for 40/20s, wingers should cover them, crushed Tyrer with the tackle near the end. He doesn't make mistakes, should he do more, yes he should.

Yes it baffles me why he doesn't run the ball in harder, but he looks like he is carrying an injury. But he is better than Finnegan, Akaidere, Beckett or anyone else apart from Craven sitting on the sideline.

Pryce playing at 60-70% is better than Beckett etc and therefore I understand why GM picks him. Get Craven back in, but what did Finnegan do today that was better? Rather Pryce than Finnegan, Beckett or Akaidere.

Stick Pryce on the wing and play Craven at Full-back! Also I still think there's room for Coleman in the side. 

#11 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 749 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Ooh another thread all about Karl!

Any thoughts on 1:03 into this?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wT0TznNiahI

#12 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Colemans joined hemel onloan

#13 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

Tom, no point posting video evidence of Pryce saving a certain try, he is the devil incarnate.

#14 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

If there is one particular thing i do not like about sport in general it is when an individual involved is singled out for abuse and ridicule by supporters of their own club . some of the comments about karl are unjustified and downright vindictive . I personaly have my own opinion but when the lad is playing he has my full support and he has done some good, in fact some  very good things  on the field .  I like james craven a lot but the job of team selection is the responsibility of the coach and he stands or falls by his decisions whether we like it or not .

I remember a long time ago when one of our centres , terry day was subjected to a similar level of derision from our supporters which eventually led to him leaving and going to hull where he turned  into a a star .

For goodness sake get off karls back and support the lad whilst reserving the right to have your own opinions

And posters please take a bit of care spelling names will you , it cannot be too difficult to name an individual correctly can it ?

Edited by guest from down under, 24 June 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#15 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

With Craven not getting a game I wonder if he will leave, sign for another club and become a star!

#16 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

To Cravens credit he hasn't taken his bat and ball home despite not been selected - he was the water boy yesterday.

Good luck to him, wherever he ends up.
Posted Image

#17 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Pryce played ok yesterday, others made mistakes as well but I only heard his name getting pulled up for making them. He seems to be a lightning rod. He does have his faults though he isn't what anyone would call the best fullback in the division. He makes mistakes but so did Craven. ( Second home game in row I have seen a mix up with him and another player going for the same loose ball. ) I'm not that concerned he has signed on next year I would like to see him and craven in the same team. Not sure where they could both play possibly put Pryce in Scott's place. Is Pryce carrying an injury? He does seem to clutch his side a lot.
I'm not sure why GM put such a high price on Craven signing, he was the first player he signed.

Edited by Ramite, 24 June 2013 - 07:39 PM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#18 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

I think we all know what Karl is capable of Tom and to be honest that just adds to the frustration. At times he is outstanding, whilst at others it looks like he isn't trying. I think he is also paying for taking James Cravens spot, which clealry isnt his fault. However its It's OK Quest saying we might chase him away, but in my opinion the loss of JC would be a far bigger travesty. We lost Broughy because his face didn't fit and look at him now. Reckon JC has that sort of potential.

#19 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Like others have said I would play Pryce on the wing and craven at full back.

I think a lot of people are on pryces back due to his body language. I think that's just his way, admittedly it does look lethargic, almost lazy at times and maybe not what most would call captain material however is he worth his place in the team I would say yes on the wing to replace Scott who's defence is gash.
Posted Image

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

I think we all know what Karl is capable of Tom and to be honest that just adds to the frustration. At times he is outstanding, whilst at others it looks like he isn't trying. I think he is also paying for taking James Cravens spot, which clealry isnt his fault. However its It's OK Quest saying we might chase him away, but in my opinion the loss of JC would be a far bigger travesty. We lost Broughy because his face didn't fit and look at him now. Reckon JC has that sort of potential.

And don't forget Darren Rogers...........and Alan Agar!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users