Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Price

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

. We lost Broughy because his face didn't fit.

Im pretty sure monkey boy left cos his mum and dad couldnt talk the coach out of dropping his fine.

And posters please take a bit of care spelling names will you , it cannot be too difficult to name an individual correctly can it ?

Finally someone picked up on the point of my initial post :jester:

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#22 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

And Brough also left York, Hull, Cas and Wakefield, so we weren't the only ones.

#23 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

I am not a big fan of Pryce by any means and I would certainly have Craven at full back, but...

He is joint top scorer, saved a try today kicking the ball dead after Morton had missed it, gained 40 metres after a kick to our line, hung onto a poor pass on our own line, he draws defenders whenever we get the ball, he is not responsible for 40/20s, wingers should cover them, crushed Tyrer with the tackle near the end. He doesn't make mistakes, should he do more, yes he should.

Yes it baffles me why he doesn't run the ball in harder, but he looks like he is carrying an injury. But he is better than Finnegan, Akaidere, Beckett or anyone else apart from Craven sitting on the sideline.

Pryce playing at 60-70% is better than Beckett etc and therefore I understand why GM picks him. Get Craven back in, but what did Finnegan do today that was better? Rather Pryce than Finnegan, Beckett or Akaidere.

I really rated Pryce as a youngster, and many at the time reckoned he'd be better than his brother. I still think he will be an important player for us, but not at fullback. He seems to lack urgency when covering, and even less when running the ball out, and he turns like the Titanic - BUT he is literally a huge intimidating presence who should, IMO, be using that size in the pack instead of fullback  where it's wasted. Incidentally, I never rated Paul Wellens at saints, because he too looked slow and cumbersome, but better judges than me thought he was the dogs nuts. Think GM will make worse signings than Pryce come the end of the season. 

#24 Tsunami

Tsunami
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Colemans joined hemel onloan

Are you sure you've not got confused with Jermaine Coleman who is assistant player coach at Hemel Stags?
Surf's up!

#25 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

No he has signed on loan to join his brother as Stags.

Didn't look happy on Sunday Jymel
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#26 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Ooh another thread all about Karl!

Any thoughts on 1:03 into this?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wT0TznNiahI

Tom, not sure what relevance this has to Pryce and we must look at others who payed the price for poor defence at Sheffield!

And don't forget Darren Rogers...........

BSJ, is it now safe to mention his name once again?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#27 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

If there is one particular thing i do not like about sport in general it is when an individual involved is singled out for abuse and ridicule by supporters of their own club . some of the comments about karl are unjustified and downright vindictive . I personaly have my own opinion but when the lad is playing he has my full support and he has done some good, in fact some  very good things  on the field .  I like james craven a lot but the job of team selection is the responsibility of the coach and he stands or falls by his decisions whether we like it or not .

This post reads a bit like censorship, but it might be me.  However the last bit about team selection and it being the coachs repsonsibility ..."whether we like it or not."....This is true, but its the fans who help pay the wages and we can decide not to buy drema numbers, make squadbuilder contributions, player sponsorship, season tickets, half time draw tickets..whether the coach likes it or not.  If a coach loses the fans it isnt long before he looses his job, whether he likes it or not...

Anyhow in the spirit of Coolie I am going to read GDFUs post as censorship and take my leave of the forum for a while at least

#28 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Anyhow in the spirit of Coolie I am going to read GDFUs post as censorship and take my leave of the forum for a while at least

I'm sorry to hear this, I for one enjoy reading comments made by you, Coolie and dare I say it PM.

There is a growing apathy towards RL in general, which can be seen in the lack of activity on this and other forum.

This "lack of interest" is a grave concern, it will result in fewer spectators through the turnstile and less money in the clubs.

The banter/rivalry whatever you want to call it, even the bad comments about KP keep interest levels high, which is something the club need to feed and develop

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#29 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

If there is one particular thing i do not like about sport in general it is when an individual involved is singled out for abuse and ridicule by supporters of their own club . some of the comments about karl are unjustified and downright vindictive . I personaly have my own opinion but when the lad is playing he has my full support and he has done some good, in fact some  very good things  on the field .  I like james craven a lot but the job of team selection is the responsibility of the coach and he stands or falls by his decisions whether we like it or not .

I remember a long time ago when one of our centres , terry day was subjected to a similar level of derision from our supporters which eventually led to him leaving and going to hull where he turned  into a a star .

For goodness sake get off karls back and support the lad whilst reserving the right to have your own opinions

And posters please take a bit of care spelling names will you , it cannot be too difficult to name an individual correctly can it ?

Agree 200% its easy to be a keyboard critic and weve all been guilty of that.However its come to the point were its gone past banter on here and on the terraces.Infact one incident which if found to be true,that happend at Sheffield,  The culprit deserves a life ban. When we win its a team,when we lose we lose as a team.

#30 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

I've heard something about this Sheffield incident but can anybody fill me in on the details. I remember there been a bit of a thing after the match which me and my mam witnessed part of while I was at the rams tunnel entrance and heard some filth been shouted at some of the players. I hope they get the ones responsible and they get the punishment they rightly deserve.

#31 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Heard it was directed at prycey and gibbo wasn't impressed and had a go at the fans who had a go at pryce. Iv always stuck up for pryce but thought sunday he was very poor. Infact he didn't look like he was interested which is the message fans get from watching him on the pitch. A captain who doesn't do much talking, when at centre never looked for work and only work he does at fb is the work he as to do, that said apart from sunday with the 40 20 he jogged to and let go out, he doesn't make many mistakes

#32 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Heard it was directed at prycey and gibbo wasn't impressed and had a go at the fans who had a go at pryce. Iv always stuck up for pryce but thought sunday he was very poor. Infact he didn't look like he was interested which is the message fans get from watching him on the pitch. A captain who doesn't do much talking, when at centre never looked for work and only work he does at fb is the work he as to do, that said apart from sunday with the 40 20 he jogged to and let go out, he doesn't make many mistakes

Agreed Chris but theres a limit and u agreetheres got to be a level of respect.

#33 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

If that's true, then those "supporters" have shamed the club, and yes they should be banned. I thought the abuse of players, and especially individuals, was confined to the round ball game - apparently not. Looking at the bigger picture, how do the knuckle scrapers concerned think their actions might affect future recruitment ?

#34 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Ah right then yes I did indeed witness the incident I was standing right next to Karl at the time. From what I gather somebody up in the stands about 5"5 wearing a light mustard coloured shirt and dark jacket shouted at top voice some kind of personal insult at karl which I did not hear fully myself but from the reaction of Karl it was way more than banter. Am standing by Karl on this just like I would with any other member of the team no matter what the performance is like no person deserves personal attacks it’s just a game but when it becomes physical people need to leave.  

#35 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

GOR and Equaliser are both spot on with their Comments.

Another example of actions which might and probably will affect some future sponsorship for the club occured in the Royal Suite

after the game on Sunday during Mark Sawyer's speech.  The 'Supporter' who insisted on interrupting to let everyone know that he did not agree

with the choice of MOM has lead to one of my guests at the game to re-consider his sponsorship offer as a result of this complete lack

of respect for the Chairman.

Hopefully this 'Supporter' will step into the breach and sponsor a game - then he can choose his own MOM and the club will then not lose

out financially.

Is is not censorship to ask fellow supporters to cut out the individual abuse and constant griping about selected players and show respect

to people who have different views and opinions about playing matters.  I am as dissappointed as anyone else about certain players not

playing but respect that GM is the coach and is responsible for all team matters at the club.  I will support his decisions 100% as I believe that

this is the only way the club and the team can progress and achieve our maximum potential.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it should never be expressed in the form of personal abuse or rudeness to a Club Official.

#36 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Completely agree with Wilsden Ram. Karl Pryce does not deserve the stick he gets on this forum and the squad would be weaker without him.

It is perfectly reasonable to come on here and say you think Craven should be in or x is better than y, that's all part of a fans forum and being a supporter. No one is being censored, just being asked to show players and coaches some respect, it's not like they are being paid a fortune.

And supporting your team for me does not mean relentlessly slagging off individual players. That's not going to make anyone play better or help the team but I get the impression some fans would prefer the club to struggle so they can moan.

And if that means one or two people stop posting, then so be it. I can't say I have missed Coolie's comments.

#37 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

What was actualy said to karl?

#38 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

I don't know what was shouted at Karl as whoever said it was out of my hearing range so I only knew something was happening when it invoked a strong but sensible verbal response from Karl. I can only believe it was personal in nature or may have included race insults. Neither me or my Mam could clearly hear the full exchange or see the other person involved.

Edited by RogerTRam, 27 June 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#39 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Completely agree with Wilsden Ram. Karl Pryce does not deserve the stick he gets on this forum and the squad would be weaker without him.

It is perfectly reasonable to come on here and say you think Craven should be in or x is better than y, that's all part of a fans forum and being a supporter. No one is being censored, just being asked to show players and coaches some respect, it's not like they are being paid a fortune.

And supporting your team for me does not mean relentlessly slagging off individual players. That's not going to make anyone play better or help the team but I get the impression some fans would prefer the club to struggle so they can moan.

And if that means one or two people stop posting, then so be it. I can't say I have missed Coolie's comments.

You have to be kidding. Having witnessed a number of Mr Pryce's performances for you this season, I feel able to assert that I've never seen a more disinterested player on a rugby field. Whether or not this is intentional on his part or simply misleading natural body language, the fact that a such an athletic colossus continually fails to run the ball with any apparent aggression whatsoever - and appears happy to lummox his way around the pitch at a snails pace, should speak volumes for his attitude.

I'd say that the reason some people seem to be willing to defend him to the hilt is that they're desperate to see him succeed so as not to lose face having trumpeted his arrival like it was the Second Coming. If he was a local lad from Shaw Cross or Celtic, then you'd have been howling for him to be axed a number of weeks ago.  

If you're happy with a player who openly exerts an absolutely minimal effort despite the tools he has at his disposal, then by all means continue to back his inclusion. He couldn't be bothered utilising his undoubted ability and attributes when had a chance on the big stage at Bradford, Gloucester RU and Wigan. Do you really think this Leopard is going to change his spots now he's at Dewsbury?  

Posted Image

#40 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

Youll have to point out the Dewsbury Supporters who heralded Pryce's arrival as the second coming cos i dont remember many  :tongue:

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users