Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Price

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 My Father was a Desert Rat

My Father was a Desert Rat
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Youll have to point out the Dewsbury Supporters who heralded Pryce's arrival as the second coming cos i dont remember many  :tongue:

Exactly. I just seem to remember mild interest at the time, but kind of took it for granted that we'd be getting yet another player who might /might not be any good for us and wasn't in it for the long haul (because if he was any good he'd be off to another club at the end of the season).

Also, i think it's because he's not a local lad that he gets stick. We speccies love a local lad in the ranks - hence James Craven's Barmy Army in the main stand last week. We'll cheer them to the rafters if they're from Shaw Cross or Celtic!

I think any apathy is due to the fact that we've not got a very settled team; the fans don't really know the players because at times it's like a conveyor belt out there!

"A four-hour tour of a local hll: Pudsey, Tingley, Hanging Heaton, Shaw Cross, Batley, Dewsbury, Chickenley, Earlsheaton, Gawthorpe, Horbury, Castleford, Pontefract, Normanton, Hemsworth, Fitzwilliam, Sharlston, and Streethouse.

Hard towns for hard men".

David Peace. 1974.

#42 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Youll have to point out the Dewsbury Supporters who heralded Pryce's arrival as the second coming cos i dont remember many  :tongue:

Don't think I saw him as the second coming (although James Craven has the right initials), but I did se him as a big signing in every sense. Put my head above the parapet here, but I still think he will come good and be a revelation next season.

#43 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

As is your perogotive GOR i just suspected another troll posting from a disgruntled Batley Fan

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users