Great Win Today

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

In a game of two halves the boys where held to a 10,4 lead before a Staggs resolute defence,The second half was a matter of fitness and we shot through the gaps to win 26 18 IMHO ;)

Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#2 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

In a game of two halves the boys where held to a 10,4 lead before a Staggs resolute defence,The second half was a matter of fitness and we shot through the gaps to win 26 18 IMHO ;)

Biggest crowd in the league as well today of 428. Considering the standard and poor facilities, in this weather that's a real result!

#3 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Biggest crowd in the league as well today of 428. Considering the standard and poor facilities, in this weather that's a real result!

#4 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Drolle :onthequiet: 

#5 higgy

higgy
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

How can you call that a result. its sad and shows what a state our once proud game is in. Shame on the RFLC for getting it into this state they should all be fired or better still shot, disgrace

#6 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

How can you call that a result. its sad and shows what a state our once proud game is in. Shame on the RFLC for getting it into this state they should all be fired or better still shot, disgrace

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :hunter:

#7 RoytonRoughyed

RoytonRoughyed
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

I thought it was a great game 428 people left happy. Cant wait til North Wales. Really enjoyed the game

#8 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hemel are a very well drilled and organised team with a big pack and pacy backs. This was a very good win today and for me the stand out was how our forwards never took a step backwards, whether it was defending or making the hard yards.

Well done to all 17, a terrific win.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#9 sheddings69

sheddings69
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

Of course this is a Mickey Mouse league but all you can do is beat the opposition put in front of you. The Uni lads had a crowd of 122 today so 428 in comparison is good- particularly on a rainy day with no covered terracing. What did you expect a thousand?

#10 higgy

higgy
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

Of course this is a Mickey Mouse league but all you can do is beat the opposition put in front of you. The Uni lads had a crowd of 122 today so 428 in comparison is good- particularly on a rainy day with no covered terracing. What did you expect a thousand?

I am not knocking our crowd at all. What I am saying and you say it yourself its a Mickey Mouse league and the teams in it are very poorly supported.

The travelling distance between clubs is off putting for travelling fans and only the diehards will do it, the new clubs in this league have no real diehards so there are very few if any away fans at the games. 

The RLFC are at fault in putting a league like this together, they set the fixtures which are again Mickey Mouse at best and they are responsible for the current state of the game.

You only have to look at the Under 20s, we travel to Hemel for a 12/30 kick off at their request, they in reciprocation don't bother showing up saying the cant raise a team . We play Rochdale the RFLC have not arranged a Ref or Linesmen and the game only went ahead because CH managed to get Ian Smith to sort it out.

The game is in a mess.

#11 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Championship 1 has been a breath of fresh air this season and I'd like to invite anyone who thinks otherwise to take their parochial northern head out of their parochial northern backside

#12 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Quite right 'Higgy', the RFL have a lot to be responsible for, subjecting clubs like ours to a nightmare scenario this season. One thing for sure though, the standard of rugby is definitely NOT Mickey Mouse and we have seen some very good quality games at both first team and U/20' s levels this season, the players and coaches having successfully risen above the standard set the set-up at RFL Headquarters.     

#13 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Well, I thought it was a great afternoon's sport and entertainment. I can't think of many sport that could have entertained the crowd in such conditions. We have a young team who made a few mistakes in the first half but still should have been further in front.Second half i thought we played like trojans, was very impressed with our pack who stood up and even dominated Staggs big forwards. We made yard after yard, follwing one big drive in the second half we never looked back and picked up pace from there.

What was also good to see was the comaraderie and team spirit by all 17 plus Roden who was full of encouragement and wise words to all 17 as he was 18th man. These lads never know when to give in. The crowd was acceptable in the circumstances but if you want an afternoons entertainment with your local team then come on down to Whitebank. It may not be perfeect but you are pitch side and can do interact with the lads and pretty much do everything but tough down behind the whitewash.This young team can achieve this season but will need the famous YEDS support to get that extra 10% that may be needed. CH1 is proving a suprisingly good standard compared to recent seasons and not even Gateshead can be taken for granted.

The few Hemel supporters there were vocal and hope they had a safe journey home. They will be no easy team in the play offs that's for sure.

One for all and all for the one

#14 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 728 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

428 v Oldham

529 v Crusaders

Hemel Stags had marketed both games pretty well . We Crusaders fans were made most welcome with probably the best stocked bar in Championship 1 (certainly the only one I've been to actually selling Kingstone Press Cider).

Not sure whyy ou refer to the league as 'Mickey Mouse'.  The games have been a good standard and although support is small for some clubs if the club want and can sustain RL then it all bodes well for the game. I have really enjoyed my trips to the new clubs this season - Oxford, Hemel and Gloucestershire All Golds - all well over 3 hours on the coach from Wrexham - but our away trips are probably the best part of supporting the Crusaders and we enjoy our day out whatever the result (just ask Hull FC fans who went to the Challenge Cup!!).

Rather glad I am a member of a "glass half full"  club and enjoying our game expanding to new areas.

By the way we are aiming to get our first 1000 plus attendance against Rochdale Hornets.

Edited by gogledd, 25 June 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#15 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Why? Are you expecting 996 of your own supporters to turn up? Don't forget Hornets fans turn up in one taxi. Sorry forgot the motorbike and sidecar so you'll only need 994 of your own fans to turn up.

428 v Oldham

529 v Crusaders

Hemel Stags had marketed both games pretty well . We Crusaders fans were made most welcome with probably the best stocked bar in Championship 1 (certainly the only one I've been to actually selling Kingstone Press Cider).

Not sure whyy ou refer to the league as 'Mickey Mouse'.  The games have been a good standard and although support is small for some clubs if the club want and can sustain RL then it all bodes well for the game. I have really enjoyed my trips to the new clubs this season - Oxford, Hemel and Gloucestershire All Golds - all well over 3 hours on the coach from Wrexham - but our away trips are probably the best part of supporting the Crusaders and we enjoy our day out whatever the result (just ask Hull FC fans who went to the Challenge Cup!!).

Rather glad I am a member of a "glass half full"  club and enjoying our game expanding to new areas.

By the way we are aiming to get our first 1000 plus attendance against Rochdale Hornets.

#16 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 728 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

Why? Are you expecting 996 of your own supporters to turn up? Don't forget Hornets fans turn up in one taxi. Sorry forgot the motorbike and sidecar so you'll only need 994 of your own fans to turn up.

4, 6, 46 or 460 they will all be welcomed in the Racecourse. Hope its not 460 [ the Turf would be a  bit crowded - what with out 996 fans and all!!

#17 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

4, 6, 46 or 460 they will all be welcomed in the Racecourse. Hope its not 460 [ the Turf would be a  bit crowded - what with out 996 fans and all!!

Good luck I hope they all turn up. Enjoy the game.

#18 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

1086 turned up....that's pretty damn good.  Lots of new supporters too, coming to watch a winning team.

#19 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Oh they turned up all-right, Cru attendance 1086 compared to the other 3 games added together 908.

Not bad eh? Great game to, totally enjoyed it cheers,

Edited by Number 7, 01 July 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#20 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Oh they turned up all-right, Cru attendance 1086 compared to the other 3 games added together 908.

Not bad eh? Great game to, totally enjoyed it cheers,

I think that's absolutely brilliant. Well done. Any thoughts on how many were home supporters? If it is significant, as I suspect it will be, then that's even better. Hope it continues to grow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users