Dan Rooney

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

Not far from a return according to league express today. Good news.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

Been an age , forgot what he looks like !! Certainly a spot there for a good centre but only as good as the quality of pill you're getting . And the more you're out of any team the better a player you get !
But all the best to him .

Edited by DavidM, 24 June 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#3 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 997 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

Who would you drop at centre then for Rooney, La Conner had his best game yesterday, and he kicks goals or Mossop, who can tackle but hasnt offered anything all season, its a area I think we have been struggling with all season since Rooney got injured, never mind half back.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

No doubt . Connor and Rooney probably , as Rooney provides the defence Mossop has but gives more in offense . I'd really like to see Connor get a running opportunity , he has a sprinters build . Love to see him get a ball to scoot away with . Been a bit of a struggle to get much chance to shine so far . I think there's plenty there to work with though if he gets the right ball and space . Pretty tough off slow laboured ball though

Edited by DavidM, 24 June 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

rooney unfortunately wont be back this year,regardless of what it says in the league express. not a great site yesterday seeing dawes in a full leg cast, it dosent look good for that lads career.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,286 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Aye that's a reminder that all we want is to see is big Dan back sometime and fully fit , regardless of when , because it could so easily have gone the other way . If its any kind of risk we go with what we have and we get a new signing almost for the start of next season

Edited by DavidM, 24 June 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#7 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

rooney unfortunately wont be back this year,regardless of what it says in the league express. not a great site yesterday seeing dawes in a full leg cast, it dosent look good for that lads career.

This has come from Charlo mind, not saying your wrong but why would be say that if there's no chance of him playing??

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

This has come from Charlo mind, not saying your wrong but why would be say that if there's no chance of him playing??

it was only a couple of weeks back when dan said he wouldnt play again this term. but if he can come back that would be fantastic because hes the best centre we have by a mile. he would be 1st choice and let the other 3 fight it out for the other

#9 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

It would be great to see dan back on the pitch.

#10 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Dan will be back shortly -thats straight from his dad on sunday

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Didn't Charlo also say he was back in full training?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

well im pleased im wrong as hes been a huge miss. excellant player and as i said in my opinion the best out of our centres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users