Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Greg Eden - Actually starting to look like the next Billy Slater

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

Watched the last couple of Hull KR games and wouldnt be surprised of Greg Eden made a late push for the England squad. He looks like he's slowly eliminating those bad habits from his game.

Watching the Catalan game on the weekend and he was the difference between the two teams, scoring a hatrick of tries. Its great to see world class players beginning to develop, I think with ball in hand he's as devastating as any full back in world rugby, if he can continue to keep the blemishes out of his game I fancy him to pick up a few caps after the world cup.

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

I cant see him getting anywhere near the squad, he still blows hot and cold

#3 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Watched the last couple of Hull KR games and wouldnt be surprised of Greg Eden made a late push for the England squad. He looks like he's slowly eliminating those bad habits from his game.

Watching the Catalan game on the weekend and he was the difference between the two teams, scoring a hatrick of tries. Its great to see world class players beginning to develop, I think with ball in hand he's as devastating as any full back in world rugby, if he can continue to keep the blemishes out of his game I fancy him to pick up a few caps after the world cup.

He has no chance of taking Tomkins' place, and Hardaker and Lomax offer more versatility as squad members so I see no chance of him making the WC.

#4 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

He would get murdered by the Aussies and Kiwis, should be nowhere near the England squad.

#5 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

He has got huge potential

#6 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

I suspect he would benefit massively from being in the ETS though

#7 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

He is very good going forward, his defence and brainstorms at times means he has quite a bit to learn!

Posted Image

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

He could very well be our Billy Slater, Eden has thrown away enough games so far, he might aswell do it in a World Cup final too. That's very Billy Slater-esque.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

I could name 15 fullbacks who are worse than Tomkins yet better than Eden.

#10 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

I love watching him play and i hope he continues to improve. 

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#11 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

He is very good going forward, his defence and brainstorms at times means he has quite a bit to learn!

Aye, Billy Slater going forward, but more like Christian Slater in defence.

I enjoyed watching him play though.

#12 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

I could name 15 fullbacks who are worse than Tomkins yet better than Eden.

Go on then

#13 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

Not sure he is yet up to the task but is definitely an exciting talent who hopefully will continue to push on and eventually compete with Tomkins, Hardaker and Lomax for the full back slot.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#14 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

just like billy slater

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#15 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

More like Liam from the valleys

#16 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

The young lad certainly has something about him, but he does make mistakes (which player does not?). Not sure if he is international standard, but then again except for Tomkins and Hall, which of our backs have shown they are. We often do not know how players will go at the highest level until they get there. Some look to have all it takes then fold and not perform. Some don't look like they have the abillity yet get to the top level and find another level within themselves and play even better!

It would be good to give Eden a go in some form of B international like the England Knights and see how he performs.

#17 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Go on then

Jonny Lomax

Rhys Hanbury

Zak Hardaker

Josh Duggan

Ben Barba

Matt Bowen

Shannon Mcdonnel

Anthony Minnichello

Josh Hoffman

Brett Stewart

Kevin Locke

Brett Hodgson

Brett Morris

Scott Grix

Darius Boyd

Stefan Ratchford

I'd rather have all of them playing full back rather than Greg Eden, but I'd have Tomkins ahead of all of them in my side.

#18 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,993 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

This thread is very similar to a Richard Owen thread about 4 yrs ago.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#19 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

This thread is very similar to a Richard Owen thread about 4 yrs ago.

Lets hope Eden doesn't break his leg like Owen did.

#20 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Jonny Lomax

Rhys Hanbury

Zak Hardaker

Josh Duggan

Ben Barba

Matt Bowen

Shannon Mcdonnel

Anthony Minnichello

Josh Hoffman

Brett Stewart

Kevin Locke

Brett Hodgson

Brett Morris

Scott Grix

Darius Boyd

Stefan Ratchford

I'd rather have all of them playing full back rather than Greg Eden, but I'd have Tomkins ahead of all of them in my side.

Ha, ha, apart from the obvious 3 or 4 youre aving a larf surely, Scott Grix, you nearly had me there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users