Criminal bingo ring broken and participants given jail sentences

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Suspended sentences and fines for gambling for biscuits.

It's criminal #### like this that should be deported back to where they came from and never allowed in again!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

Nice.

Sorry, I'll get my coa.....................

#3 Mister C

Mister C
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

My wife must be involved!

I'm sure i keep hearing her say she has to get rid of her bingo rings

fetch my coat while you're there

#4 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,122 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

the decision seems crackers. They'll just end up hob-nobbing with criminal types. 

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#5 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

Wanting to spend time in the hovel like that when in a country like Portugal should be a crime!

#6 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Wanting to spend time in the hovel like that when in a country like Portugal should be a crime!

It's a strange quirk of the British people, there is a subset of our nation that likes to go abroad but then pretend it's still the UK.  Marbella is a perfect example, go there and it's like a cleaner Clacton with sun.  These same people then occasionally come back to Britain and complain about all these immigrants who come to Britain and won't adjust to the local culture.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#7 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

It's a strange quirk of the British people, there is a subset of our nation that likes to go abroad but then pretend it's still the UK.  Marbella is a perfect example, go there and it's like a cleaner Clacton with sun.  These same people then occasionally come back to Britain and complain about all these immigrants who come to Britain and won't adjust to the local culture.

Remember hearing a Spanish band being interviewed on the radio and talking about a British enclave in Spain where the local shopkeepers will accept payments in sterling !

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#8 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Remember hearing a Spanish band being interviewed on the radio and talking about a British enclave in Spain where the local shopkeepers will accept payments in sterling !

We went on a company retreat to Marbella in 2005 or 2006 and it was just stupid the amount of fish & chip shops and "English" food stores along with signs saying they accepted Sterling.

This is what makes me not even think twice when I see Polish food shops with signs in Polish or asian food stores in Chinese or Indian language.  If it's OK for us to have these little enclaves around the world then it's OK for them.  My aunt lives in Australia somewhere near Sydney and all her neighbours are ex-pat English and Scottish.

#9 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

We went on a company retreat to Marbella in 2005 or 2006 and it was just stupid the amount of fish & chip shops and "English" food stores along with signs saying they accepted Sterling.
This is what makes me not even think twice when I see Polish food shops with signs in Polish or asian food stores in Chinese or Indian language. If it's OK for us to have these little enclaves around the world then it's OK for them. My aunt lives in Australia somewhere near Sydney and all her neighbours are ex-pat English and Scottish.

A further Irony is that these people all read The Mail and The Express

#10 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,320 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

A further Irony is that these people all read The Mail and The Express

Also the sort of people who say 'this country is going to the dogs' before emigrating only to come back a few years later when they realise actually we have it pretty good. 

Fides invicta triumphat

#11 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

This is what makes me not even think twice when I see Polish food shops with signs in Polish or asian food stores in Chinese or Indian language.  If it's OK for us to have these little enclaves around the world then it's OK for them.  My aunt lives in Australia somewhere near Sydney and all her neighbours are ex-pat English and Scottish.

One thing that slightly disappoints me when visiting my brother and his family in Australia is that we only ever come into contact with other English/Scottish people. Where are the Aussie friends? And, even worse, although my brother and his wife are definitely not like this, a lot of them seem to have brought their hang-em, flog-em, blame-it-on-the-poor/sick/Muslims/blacks prejudices with them. (Some of them, unthinkingly, still hate 'immigrants'.  :shout: ).

Still, my nieces and nephews are great. They are totally integrated, developed Aussie accents in what seemed like double-quick time, have Aussie partners and get involved in Aussie politics/campaigns.

Hope lies in the young!

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#12 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

a lot of them seem to have brought their hang-em, flog-em, blame-it-on-the-poor/sick/Muslims/blacks prejudices with them. (Some of them, unthinkingly, still hate 'immigrants'. :shout: ).

So they have fully integrated in the Aussie culture them

#13 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

So they have fully integrated in the Aussie culture them

I'd like to say that I appreciate where you're coming from, but I never meet any Aussies!

#14 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,679 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Australia has had the common sense to appoint a Welsh Prime Minister.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#15 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Australia has had the common sense to appoint a Welsh Prime Minister.

Well that was the kiss of death to that particular Welsh Prime minister, wan't it?

#16 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,679 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

She'll be back.

Did you see that photo of her knitting?

http://www.telegraph...-character.html

Defarge’s knitting is both camouflage and badge. Dickens has her as a tricoteuse (in English, a knitter), one of those terrible women who would take their knitting and watch the public beheadings in Paris during the revolution. They are tough, unforgiving and ruthless. Their knitting may seem harmless, but their needles have sharp points.

Madame Defarge takes her knitting one step further – she weaves in the names of the victims of the guillotine. Her whole being is consumed by revenge and she will not rest until her bloodthirsty desires are satisfied. Despite his female 'villain' being the barrier to the happiness of innocent people, Dickens never allows us to loathe Madame Defarge: she has been done a monstrous wrong.

B)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#17 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

Suspended sentences and fines for gambling for biscuits.

It's criminal #### like this that should be deported back to where they came from and never allowed in again!

Idiots for getting into trouble!  ;)

Watching Britain's Secret Homes, it was said that a small group of Welsh people journeyed to Argentina in 1865 in order to keep the language alive, because of the English wishing to ban it. Today, the Welsh speaking community lives on, although the story is open to question!

#18 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

That's the trouble when you go for a...

Breakaway_Milk_5Pack.jpg

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users