Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

EGM

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

Did anybody see the notice in the mail regarding the EGM? Scheduled for the 17th July to discuss the accounts and  proposals to change the articles of association.. I think the proposals can be obtained from the rugby shop on request but I'm not 100% sure, maybe someone from the BoD could tell us more. 

#2 Deep

Deep
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:35 AM

It was announced in the Evening Mail public notices on Friday 14th June,  it's on a Friday at the Lisdoonie 7pm, I am sure 28 days notice has to be given so it was either the 12 or 19th July, as P Ballantyne asks could someone from the board please confirm on this forum or the club website.

#3 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

It's strange that nothing has been posted on the club website.

You could be forgiven for thinking that the BoD aren't keen on people attending so that they can push amendments to the Articles through without having to explain them properly. ;)

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#4 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Are copies of the proposed agenda, present and proposed Articles of association available for debenture holders to read now? I would urge ALL debenture holders to obtain one and read very carefully as the articals are very important with regards to the club. They have saved Craven Park on a number of occasions. Know what your voting for.

#5 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

It was announced in the Evening Mail public notices on Friday 14th June,  it's on a Friday at the Lisdoonie 7pm, I am sure 28 days notice has to be given so it was either the 12 or 19th July, as P Ballantyne asks could someone from the board please confirm on this forum or the club website.

14 days, exclusive of the date of service of the notice and the date of the meeting is the period given in the Companies Acts.

They should be writing to debenture holders. A notice in the paper isn't good enough, imho.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#6 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

You would think that an EGM would be sufficently newsworthy to include on the club website.

They can't say the site hasn't been updated because there are photos from Sundays debacle.

I posed the question on the contacts section of the club site and will probably have to wait until the day after the EGM for a reply!

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

Don't worry - no decisions can be taken if proper notice of the resolutions hasn't been circulated.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users