Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

How the hell can we not find a sponsor for this great competition?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,451 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

I think there can be a few things, but with the large title sponsorships then yes I agree with you.

It works upwards from the guy who puts a few quid over the bar for the players after a game
Do you think he or she would rather not know who had done it?
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#42 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,990 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

And can you imagine the uproar from fans and journos that our World Cup Title Rights have been sold for a log on a tin of beans?

Sod them, it comes back to the game's leaders leading and being strong in their delivery of a bigger strategy. It's chicken and egg, you want big money but you're not going to get it without exposure. So you need to get the exposure first and if you succeed then the money will follow. If you can get a deal like the one I outlined then it is a much easier sell to approach other companies for cash deals if you can say they'll be involved with a tournament that is receiving such widespread exposure and marketing.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#43 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,077 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Sod them, it comes back to the game's leaders leading and being strong in their delivery of a bigger strategy. It's chicken and egg, you want big money but you're not going to get it without exposure. So you need to get the exposure first and if you succeed then the money will follow. If you can get a deal like the one I outlined then it is a much easier sell to approach other companies for cash deals if you can say they'll be involved with a tournament that is receiving such widespread exposure and marketing.

Aye, I don't disagree, but the negativity can be deafening at times.

It is quite clear now that we didn't have a long line of offers for title sponsorship last year and we went with something similar to what you stated - although I agree maybe not the best partner, but imho all the negativity ended that deal and now we end up with nothing.

#44 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Erm...bring on an ashes series..?

#45 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,814 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

yawn