TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

League Leaders Shield

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Let's look at the run ins

Wigan

v Castleford (H)

v Bradford (H)

v St Helens (A)

v Hull KR (H)

v Huddersfield (H)

v Catalan (A)

v Hull (H)

v Leeds (H)

Hudds (-3 pts)

v Catalan (H)

v Hull (A)

v Castleford (H)

v Salford (H)

v Wigan (A)

v London (A)

v Wakefield (H)

v Bradford (A)

Warrington (-4 pts)

v Bradford (A)

v Leeds (H)

v Hull KR (H)

v Castleford (A)

v Wakefield (H)

v Widnes (H)

v St Helens (A)

v Catalan (A)

Leeds (-7 pts, game in hand)

v Widnes (A)

v Warrington (A)

v Wakefield (H)

v Wakefield (A)

v London (A)

v Salford (A)

v Hull KR (H)

v Catalan (H)

v Wigan (A)

Honestly, I think it may just be beyond Leeds now but to my mind they and Hudds have the slightly easier run in.  Watch me eat my words now.

It's going to be an exciting couple of months.

#2 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

The question is, will Wigan lose again this season?Assuming Huddersfield beat Wigan then they are still a point clear - is that enough?

I might just be.

Can Huddersfield hang onto second spot? That might come down to beating Wigan away!

#3 SE4Wire

SE4Wire
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

It's going to be tense stuff.

#4 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

You're damn right

But after watching Huddersfield lose away to Chorley and Runcorn its the stuff of childhood dreams even to be in the mix, especially after watching the Wire v Wigan game today

#5 ELBOWSEYE

ELBOWSEYE
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

watched top game tonight and even though I was glad Wire won the quality the Pies shown makes me think they will all their remaining regular games, the play offs are a different situation though.

#6 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 827 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

With all the top teams having to play Catalan, they could have a big say in determining who ends up with the shield.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#7 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

It all comes down to how Wigan play in their last four games. Because if Wigan win the challenge cup they then have two games at home to Hull and Leeds with 'challenge cup' hangover. Not to mention they go away to Catalan a week before the final which tends to make teams take their eye off the ball abit.

It's not over by any means, I could see Wigan losing maybe 3 of their last 4 games.

#8 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Wigan's biggest issue for now is recovering for Cas on Friday. Could very easily lose again with such a short turnaround and Cas rejuvenated under Powell. I'm sure Wane is taking it one game at a time rather than looking too far ahead. No one can predict the future with the influences of form and injuries playing a factor, but I'm sure he wouldn't swap Wigan's points in the bag for anyone else's fixture list.

#9 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

Leeds (-7 pts, game in hand)

v Widnes (A)

v Warrington (A)

v Wakefield (H)

v Wakefield (A)

v London (A)

v Salford (A)

v Hull KR (H)

v Catalan (H)

v Wigan (A)

Honestly, I think it may just be beyond Leeds now but to my mind they and Hudds have the slightly easier run in.  Watch me eat my words now.

I reckon Leeds will lose to Warrington, the others will be closer due to our injuries, but we still should win the rest up to Salford, at which point we should have most of our players back. Of course, this is all assuming we don't lose more players to injury

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#10 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

I can see Leeds losing at least once to Wakey as well

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

I can see Leeds losing at least once to Wakey as well

Aye, possibly.

Obviously I'm just talking about on paper. On the pitch is a different matter.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

All it takes is a few injuries to key players,anything could happen.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#13 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,151 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

All it takes is a few injuries to key players,anything could happen.

Something I said around this time last year. Wigan managed to hang on. Just. But were too weekend in the effort to sustain the challenge through the play-offs. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users