Our semi Final at Leigh.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

Its arguably our biggest match of the season on Thursday and without being labelled a moaner and pessamist it is a game i dont think we can win playing the type of rugby we have settled into this season. The five drives and a kick and good defence will not see us into the final. Our form in the league is good untill we play the other top four teams around us . Against Halifax, Sheffield, Leigh and Featherstone we have  averaged less than nine points a game winning none, a draw and two bonus points being our only reward . Now the plus We are a good side we can win games My point is Lets go out there and attack . Move the ball Give our strike players some good ball one on one. Their half backs are not good defenders run at them tire them out . As i have said playing as we are we will not win Take the leash off Mr Kear more passing less driving. I loved being in the final and winning in Blackpool. More Please BULLDOGS. :party:  

#2 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

You will be big favourites on Thursday we will struggle to turn a team out

#3 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 817 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:55 AM

i'm sure john will have us fired up for this one!

#4 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

Coach

246 posts
Posted Today, 09:06 AM

Its arguably our biggest match of the season on Thursday and without being labelled a moaner and pessamist it is a game i dont think we can win playing the type of rugby we have settled into this season. The five drives and a kick and good defence will not see us into the final. Our form in the league is good untill we play the other top four teams around us . Against Halifax, Sheffield, Leigh and Featherstone we have averaged less than nine points a game winning none, a draw and two bonus points being our only reward . Now the plus We are a good side we can win games My point is Lets go out there and attack . Move the ball Give our strike players some good ball one on one. Their half backs are not good defenders run at them tire them out . As i have said playing as we are we will not win Take the leash off Mr Kear more passing less driving. I loved being in the final and winning in Blackpool. More

Nothing wrong with drives, so long as the man receiving the ball is on the move and not standing flat footed.No one in the Sheffield game was taking the ball on the burst,with the result they couldn't break the Sheffield defence.If like you say, they move the ball about, I think they will come away with a win.I only saw the second half of the Sheffield game, but, late in the second half when the Dogs were deep in their own half, and kicking on the fifth tackle, the backs were tackling Sheffield on their line.So there is alot of speed there and they need to utilise that.I will be up early to watch the game.

#5 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 694 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:50 AM

Deja vu?

Wasn't that what the Leigh support was saying jus before fielding a full strength team. Every team has players out for one reason or another.

We need to go out to win this one with confidence. I'd like to see our wingers get more chances.

#6 Leedsdog

Leedsdog
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

Keeping the ball for a full set of 6 won't do us any harm either,

LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE

COME ON YOU BULLDOGS.

#7 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

Come on the dogs,we need this one.

#8 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Looking forward to this and I am sure Leigh are just as worried about the dogs as we are of them! Another tight one but my shiny ball tells me a ten point win for the dogs after being behind slightly at half time

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#9 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

Oh no not that old chestnut !. I remember the league game and the 7 first team players you had missing we didnt score a point .

#10 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

We did at least get Ridyard back in time for the game on Sunday, he's been a huge miss. And then typically McNally limped off near the end.

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

We did at least get Ridyard back in time for the game on Sunday, he's been a huge miss. And then typically McNally limped off near the end.

It's just thoughtless, isn't it ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#12 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

Sorry pal but our two loans/DC's are out - spencer and Taylor, then aspinwall Parker brierley McNally j Taylor are injured long term
You will win the arm wrestle in the middle and rack the points up imo but its a cup game and you never know
I would be a confident Batley fan if I was you

#13 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 694 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Similar rumours before our last meeting

#14 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Got to agree with Greavesy our points total against the top 4 is diabolical 44 points in 5 games tells

me we havn't a clue how to break good teams down, just hope they prove me wrong but there is very

little attacking ability in this team. We are very fit and can wear sides down but not the good ones

the one man drive game is so depressing to watch and oh so easy to defend against,please,please

give the ball some air.

#15 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Ill be there, though im going more in hope than expectation.

If ever there was a game for the players to finally show the supporters what they are capable of, this is the one.

Heart says Batley win, head says Leigh by 10.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#16 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

I don't think there's too much to fear. I just hope all the transfer tattle-talk isn't having an effect in the dressing room. If it isn't (and I'm sure JK will be ensuring it isn't) I can see Batley edging it on Thursday.

Centurions 14 Bulldogs 22

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users