Carvell to Bulls

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

Not shocked. Start of the old plodders clearout?

#2 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Carvell has won a few medals with the wires, been a loyal and good servant..... Nice guy and I wish him and the bulls well.

#3 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Good signing for the Bulls who seem to be lacking quality at the moment.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

Carvell has won a few medals with the wires, been a loyal and good servant..... Nice guy and I wish him and the bulls well.

Loyal? You're 'avin a larf.

He left Hull when Wire offered more money and now the Bulls have obviously done the same, he's going there.

I don't blame him for doing it but it hardly makes him loyal.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#5 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,678 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

Loyal? You're 'avin a larf.

He left Hull when Wire offered more money and now the Bulls have obviously done the same, he's going there.

I don't blame him for doing it but it hardly makes him loyal.

No, he's come for the quality of life.

:biggrin:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#6 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

No, he's come for the quality of life.
:biggrin:

Or he likes the rain 😙

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

Looking forward to this signing. And I think he'll get a good reception on Sunday at Odsal, I was sceptical of his age, but that doesn't seem to be much of a factor these days so providing we can keep him on the field then bring it on. From the T&A today Cummins says Garreth is under no illusions of the difficulties we face and will do for the next few seasons. While we simply can't afford to pay players silly money anymore, he'll probably not do too badly out of this move.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,358 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

Good move. My granny would add some muscle to the Bulls pack these days so its a good move imo.

Edited by Johnoco, 25 June 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#9 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

There's a bit of a clearout happening at Wire, unintentional or otherwise. 

Carvell is off to Bradford and Cooper is St George bound. If the rumours are true, then young Glenn Riley is also off down under and Morley will be wearing a Salford shirt at last.

Michael Monaghan also looks doubtful for next year because of his dodgy knees. Will Westwood also re-sign?

A big rebuilding process is already underway, with Anthony England apparently in from Fev, but we'll need more than that to compensate for the loss of the others.

Good signing for Bradford by the way, Carvell has been immense at times this season.

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Carvell is off to Bradford and Cooper is St George bound. If the rumours are true, then young Glenn Riley is also off down under and Morley will be wearing a Salford shirt at last.

Michael Monaghan also looks doubtful for next year because of his dodgy knees. Will Westwood also re-sign?

A big rebuilding process is already underway, with Anthony England apparently in from Fev, but we'll need more than that to compensate for the loss of the others.

Good signing for Bradford by the way, Carvell has been immense at times this season.

You've got a right player in engy he's the best forward in the champ and he gives 100% every game. He will be a massive loss to us. It wouldn't surprise me if he's in an England shirt before too long especially under tony smith who I think is the best coach in our game today.

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

You've got a right player in engy he's the best forward in the champ and he gives 100% every game. He will be a massive loss to us. It wouldn't surprise me if he's in an England shirt before too long especially under tony smith who I think is the best coach in our game today.

If only for the headline writers.

I'd giggle if he turned out for Ireland.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,566 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

If only for the headline writers.

I'd giggle if he turned out for Ireland.

Even better if he changed his mind after the initial announcement: "ENGLAND WELSHES ON IRELAND". :P

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#13 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

I thought Westwood was under contract until 2015.

With Monaghan, I reckon they might offer a deal as "bait" to keep his brother at the club, who's been fantastic for us.

#14 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

I thought Westwood was under contract until 2015.

With Monaghan, I reckon they might offer a deal as "bait" to keep his brother at the club, who's been fantastic for us.

My understanding is that Westwood was considering other offers (Salford? Wakefield?) but he is unlikely to leave so soon after his testimonial. He's also getting back to his top form of last season.

The Monas brothers will almost certainly be with us next year, probably longer, with Michael in some sort of coaching role if he's not fit enough to play.

#15 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,723 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

It will be interesting to see what Warrington do in the transfer market during the next year or two.

We have some good youth out there so it'll be good to see whether we put faith in them (like we sort of have this year - making no signings) or whether we will need a handful of players to backfill positions.

#16 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,842 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

He's been very good for us and has a couple of good years left him in. Decent signing for the Bulls.

Edited by Just Browny, 25 June 2013 - 12:08 PM.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#17 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,678 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

I hope we can keep Ben Evans. He's a relly solid player.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#18 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

It will be interesting to see what Warrington do in the transfer market during the next year or two.

See what talent Salford turn up and sign them probably ;)

#19 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Warrington had 10 players over 30 in their squad last night v Wigan.
That's a lot of players to replace if they are to remain a top club.
Still feel that without Briers and Morley they are not the team that they are with those guys on the field. Ratchford and Myler are good but Briers is at another skill level altogether.
Morley is a talismanic figure as much as he's a good player.
Both will be very difficult to replace.

#20 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Very happy to get Carvell, the pity is it's not until next season...Reminds me a bit of the time we let Paul Anderson go becasue we thought he was fading a little, but the new environment seemed to perk him up a lot and he was tremendous at Saints for the next few years. Good solid top level prop; just what we need!

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users