Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sa'u-ford City Reds...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

Just to get in there before The Sun do.

Junior Sa'u to join Salford.

Link - scroll down to near the bottom of the page.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Seems strange that people rush to comment when Dr Koukash appears in the news, but are silent when the club's first signing is announced. Such is the Rugby League Family.

Anyhoo, it's confirmed here:

http://www.reds.co.u...office-for-reds

#3 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Good signing in my opinion. I saw him play for the Kiwis against Aus and was certainly an explosive talent. Hopefully the sign of things to come and Salford. Good start for next season.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Certainly a big name as far as I'm concerned. Able to cover a few positions and should be a wrecking ball. Still at a good age too.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Good signing for Salford (or indeed anyone!).  This should show the cynics that Koukash does actually want to fulfill his aims; he just has to find players willing to sign/clubs willing to release.  I hope Salford continue to build well given this good start.

#6 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

That's one hell of a signing IMO.

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,842 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

I haven't seen him in action recently, but when I did, I was impressed. Not a huge man, but chunky and explosive. I recall him being dangerous attacking tryline defence at short range.

Edited by Futtocks, 25 June 2013 - 12:39 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Great signing!

#9 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

:)

#10 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

good signing for the club sa'u is a superb player.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#11 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

I think he'll go very well. Was disappointed that he didn't take advantage of his time at the Storm, partly because I picked him up in a fantasy comp and thought he'd be a great signing.

He's very explosive. Not the best footballer but makes up for it with raw power and footwork. The highlights of him on Youtube don't really do justice how explosive and physical he is with ball in hand. Even though he's been passed around in the NRL for a year or two I'd say he's a big signing for Salford.

#12 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Salford fans may get an opportunity to see him in the flesh before next season.  I believe he has committed to play for Samoa in the RLWC.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#13 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

Very pleased.

#14 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

Very impressive signing, he could prove to be one of the best centres in the competition.

#15 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hardly played NRL this year and not much last season either, not sure he is as good as everyone is making out. 

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#16 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

Just seen something on twitter saying Adrian Morley has confirmed he'll be heading to Salford next year. Signed a one year contract apparently. though i think everyone expected that to happen.. sign of things starting to happen at Salford?..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#17 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Just seen something on twitter saying Adrian Morley has confirmed he'll be heading to Salford next year. Signed a one year contract apparently. though i think everyone expected that to happen.. sign of things starting to happen at Salford?..

Confirmed

http://www.reds.co.u...standing-legend

#18 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

That isn't as good a signing, I can't work that into a pun anywhere.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#19 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

That isn't as good a signing, I can't work that into a pun anywhere.

Adri-another signing for Salford?

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#20 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

So, you're not calling them Morley-Salford Red Devils then?  ;)

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users